The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default Broncos not expected to extend Marshall's contract

Brandon Marshall - WR Mar. 6 - 9:42 am et

The Broncos are not expected to pursue extending Brandon Marshall's contract pending the NFL's review of his latest arrest. Denver probably would've been aggressive had Marshall showed maturity this offseason, but instead he'll play 2009 at his current $2.198M salary. He'd be a restricted free agent in 2010 if the league goes to an uncapped year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...FL&majteam=den

Way to go Marshall! You probably just cost yourself $4-5 million this year.

This guy needs to just go gay until he retires... then again he'd probably get in trouble over that too, even if it was a "misunderstanding." He simply can't handle relationships, being in public, going outside, etc without eventually making a stupid mistake that ends up getting the law involved. This is a serious sign that we may very well franchise and trade Marshall next year assuming it's not uncapped and he stays a restricted FA.
UberBroncoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Shanny would still pay him, doesn't surprise me that McD will not.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
Meck77

He'll probably end up having to fight off the fiance again once he gets hammered on the next contract. Here is Brandons first mistake. Getting serious at 25.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

The Broncos are not expected to pursue extending Brandon Marshall's contract pending the NFL's review of his latest arrest. Denver probably would've been aggressive had Marshall showed maturity this offseason, but instead he'll play 2009 at his current $2.198M salary. He'd be a restricted free agent in 2010 if the league goes to an uncapped year.

This guy needs to just go gay until he retires... then again he'd probably get in trouble over that too, even if it was a "misunderstanding." He simply can't handle relationships, being in public, going outside, etc without eventually making a stupid mistake that ends up getting the law involved. This is a serious sign that we may very well franchise and trade Marshall next year assuming it's not uncapped and he stays a restricted FA.
Wow! That completely changes up the possible draft picks at #12. I would not be suprised at all to see a WR picked at #12 now.
HILife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
socalorado
Ring of Famer

just franchise him next year and then trade him.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Meh, what do you expect the Broncos to do. Brandon Marshall wears out by the end of the season and his play drops significantly... and he's always in trouble. Too bad he got in trouble already, would have been nice to trade him for a early pick to get someone like Heyward-bey, Nicks, Harvin, or Maclin. Oh well.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:

Did they every say what the arrest was about? Another domestic violence?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #8
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilife View Post
Did they every say what the arrest was about? Another domestic violence?
He and his fiance were observed by cops kicking and hitting eachother outside his condo in Atlanta. They were both arrested for disturbing the peace but released and charges dropped after both refused to press any charges.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #9
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

bring on Maclin that'd be sweet, I'm off the whole B-Marsh bandwagon. I hate it when there are so many people (like all of us) who have to work our asses off for an entire year to make what these guys make in one game, and all they have to do is play football and stay out of trouble... how hard is it I'm not trying to start the whole "we over pay our athletes" talk, but just stay out of trouble!

Eddie Royal is the truth!
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #10
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
He and his fiance were observed by cops kicking and hitting eachother outside his condo in Atlanta. They were both arrested for disturbing the peace but released and charges dropped after both refused to press any charges.
I agree with the earlier post he should just move to Cali, turn gay and be done with it.

Edit: or at the very least go to marriage consuling.

Last edited by HILife; 03-06-2009 at 07:07 AM..
Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilife View Post
I agree with the earlier post he should just be gay, move to Cali and be done with it.
I don't think it matters where he lives, he brings the trouble with him.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

you need to read the entire article at the DPO

Marshall becomes a victim of the NFL labor disagreement. Because the collective- bargaining agreement has been reopened, Marshall as a fourth-year player will only be eligible for restricted free agency after this season instead of unrestricted free agency, when he can sell himself to the highest bidder.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportshead...427?source=rss
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:11 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

this is just more speculation from Klis
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Lost money this year, but will probably end up making an extra boat load in the long term if this deal holds up another season.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
I don't think it matters where he lives, he brings the trouble with him.
Almost all of his law issues have been in Atlanta... He just needs to lock himself in a basement and play MMO's, work out, eat, and sleep all off-season long.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #16
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Quote:
That's what I dont get. If they were observed by police then the state should press charges. Even if they dont want to press charges against each other for domestic violence. For the state to observe a crime, arrest them for it, then not press charges seems odd.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #17
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
just franchise him next year and then trade him.
Since he will be a RFA - restricted free agent, we won't need to Franchise him. We can designate him with the highest tender for a RFA and he will make according the DP 2.5 million (Franchise we'd have to pay 10 million plus). If someone signs him, we'd get a two first round picks, or we could just match the offer.

He really screwed himself, and if I were the Broncos, I would wait as an insurance policy to sign him to a big contract.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #18
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Almost all of his law issues have been in Atlanta... He just needs to lock himself in a basement and play MMO's, work out, eat, and sleep all off-season long.
I thought his first and second arrests were in Denver, not positive on that though.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #19
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

His value will be to low to tarde him. Marshall will be Bronco, but he'll be making a whole lot less than he could be making.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #20
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
I thought his first and second arrests were in Denver, not positive on that though.
I think his DUI was here... maybe his abuse was too, but the chick was from Atlanta... so many law issues it's hard to keep track!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #21
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Here's what I don't understand about this. If the were observed by police officers, why aren't there charges filed? Why do you need testimony of the other person if THE POLICE SAW YOU DO IT? It doesn't make sense in my mind at all. Not making excuses for the guy, just saying.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #22
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Of course they aren't going to extend him right now. He's due to be a RFA, and he's proven once again that he needs to grow up. We'll tender him next year and match any offer that comes in, which will likely still be below his on field value. Then we have at least 2 years from today to see if he blows the opportunity yet again.
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #23
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Since he will be a RFA - restricted free agent, we won't need to Franchise him. We can designate him with the highest tender for a RFA and he will make according the DP 2.5 million (Franchise we'd have to pay 10 million plus). If someone signs him, we'd get a two first round picks, or we could just match the offer.

He really screwed himself, and if I were the Broncos, I would wait as an insurance policy to sign him to a big contract.
YEs do it. There will be a desperate team out there.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #24
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

This pisses me off. Guy has a ton of potential, but can't stay out of trouble. Bob has lived all of these years without women. Come on Brandon, you can do it.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #25
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan4life View Post
Here's what I don't understand about this. If the were observed by police officers, why aren't there charges filed? Why do you need testimony of the other person if THE POLICE SAW YOU DO IT? It doesn't make sense in my mind at all. Not making excuses for the guy, just saying.
Because if you go to court and the "victim" says nothing happened, you are almost certain to hear those magic words, if there is no victim, there can be no crime.

There is no reason to waste tax payer money and prosecution time trying to piece together a case. The problem here is that even though the officers saw the couple hitting and kicking each other, they can't say for sure if one of them was acting in self defense. Since that goes both ways, there will be reasonable doubt in both cases.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote