The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
When Lightning Strikes
Power House AFC West '09
 
When Lightning Strikes's Avatar
 
Bolts all the WayFC champs

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#27 RIP
Default If Jay were to be traded (from a charger fan)

Would you still be a Cutler fan? Would you follow the team he was on and root for him? I ask this because it happened to us with Drew Brees...I was a huge Drew fan and when he was released and signed with N.O., I began to follow them a bit and I am still a Brees fan. I am happy when he does well, and still feel terrible when he craps on the field.

Just wondering what you perspective would be on Jay if he left and say signed with Detroit? Would you root for him and hope Detroit made it to the playoffs?
When Lightning Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,404
Default

socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

This should have been made 2 days ago....he's not going anywhere now....get with it it's Thursaday already!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

This is going to be a surprise to everyone here, but nope. If he were to be traded from Denver, interest is lost. That goes for pretty much every player.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
When Lightning Strikes
Power House AFC West '09
 
When Lightning Strikes's Avatar
 
Bolts all the WayFC champs

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#27 RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
This should have been made 2 days ago....he's not going anywhere now....get with it it's Thursaday already!
no, i totally understand...i was just wondering how you guys would feel if it did happen.

I can honestly say that if LT was traded, i would follow him and hope he does well, but if Rivers was traded, id have no interest in him what-so-ever. I only support him as the Chargers QB, anywhere else...whoooooo Cares!!
When Lightning Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

root against him of course...

because if he did well, we'd never hear the end of it...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
When Lightning Strikes
Power House AFC West '09
 
When Lightning Strikes's Avatar
 
Bolts all the WayFC champs

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#27 RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
root against him of course...

because if he did well, we'd never hear the end of it...
but you live in Tampa...youd be able to catch all of his home games in Tampa Bay if it would have worked out! haha...

yea, always root against any bad desicion. Im used to that with AJ as the GM.
When Lightning Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Anyone know of a good place to get a philly cheese steak in Northern Colorado?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by When Lightning Strikes View Post
but you live in Tampa...youd be able to catch all of his home games in Tampa Bay if it would have worked out! haha...

yea, always root against any bad desicion. Im used to that with AJ as the GM.
true if he were traded to Tampa it would have been a bit of a conflict of interest...

The Bucs are my (distant) second favorite team since i live here and all...

but if Cutler was to go to TB and light it up while Cassel floundered, Bronco fans would never hear the end of it and it'd be even worse for me since most all my friends are Buc fans...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Anyone know of a good place to get a philly cheese steak in Northern Colorado?
Never been there, but it seems like if they are named "Taste of Philly"...

http://www.tasteofphilly.biz/index.p...d=17&Itemid=44
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker
 
BroncoInSkinland's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line
Default

All depends on where he went. Of course it would never replace the Broncos, but if he went to a team I had some kind of pre existing interest in yes I would folow and root for him, after the Broncos. If on the other hand he went to Kansas City for Cassle and whatever other mullets they planned on getting rid of, after vomiting, I would find a way to loath him.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #12
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by When Lightning Strikes View Post
no, i totally understand...i was just wondering how you guys would feel if it did happen.

I can honestly say that if LT was traded, i would follow him and hope he does well, but if Rivers was traded, id have no interest in him what-so-ever. I only support him as the Chargers QB, anywhere else...whoooooo Cares!!

To play along I can say I have never followed an Ex-Bronco.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Never been there, but it seems like if they are named "Taste of Philly"...

http://www.tasteofphilly.biz/index.p...d=17&Itemid=44
Nice I think i might have to tray that out today...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #14
When Lightning Strikes
Power House AFC West '09
 
When Lightning Strikes's Avatar
 
Bolts all the WayFC champs

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#27 RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
true if he were traded to Tampa it would have been a bit of a conflict of interest...

The Bucs are my (distant) second favorite team since i live here and all...

but if Cutler was to go to TB and light it up while Cassel floundered, Bronco fans would never hear the end of it and it'd be even worse for me since most all my friends are Buc fans...
So true...you know Cassel is going to flounder also. Cutler is good...he would improve any team he would have gone to. If denver could work on getting a good defense to support him...look out!
When Lightning Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,755
Default

I think it takes awhile for a player to develop a loyal following (beyond his own team) and it also depends on the circumstances in which he departs.

If it's an aging player who contributed the better part of a long career, who left under amicable circumstances and was let go for youth / money reasons, then I think that a lot of fans still pull for the guy - unless he goes to an arch-rival.

Examples: Atwater, Traylor and Sharpe. (And certainly Gary Kubiak in the coaching department)

Cutler has only been here three years, and is just starting to reach his potential.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #16
DomCasual
The Dude abides.
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by When Lightning Strikes View Post
no, i totally understand...i was just wondering how you guys would feel if it did happen.

I can honestly say that if LT was traded, i would follow him and hope he does well, but if Rivers was traded, id have no interest in him what-so-ever. I only support him as the Chargers QB, anywhere else...whoooooo Cares!!
But the more appropriate analogy would be if Elway left, would we follow him. We, of course, would. Cutler is still new here. I probably wouldn't hate him, but I wouldn't necessarily pull for him. Ten years from now, that would probably be a different story.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Root against him, im a Bronco fan, not Cutler.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #18
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Nice I think i might have to tray that out today...
Taste of Philly is the best in Colorado.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #19
When Lightning Strikes
Power House AFC West '09
 
When Lightning Strikes's Avatar
 
Bolts all the WayFC champs

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#27 RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I think it takes awhile for a player to develop a loyal following (beyond his own team) and it also depends on the circumstances in which he departs.

If it's an aging player who contributed the better part of a long career, who left under amicable circumstances and was let go for youth / money reasons, then I think that a lot of fans still pull for the guy - unless he goes to an arch-rival.

Examples: Atwater, Traylor and Sharpe. (And certainly Gary Kubiak in the coaching department)

Cutler has only been here three years, and is just starting to reach his potential.

Kind of like Brett Favre??
When Lightning Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,539

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Does not matter where Jay goes, I am a Bronco fan first. It does not matter where phyllis Rivers goes, He will always be a biotch.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
When Lightning Strikes
Power House AFC West '09
 
When Lightning Strikes's Avatar
 
Bolts all the WayFC champs

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#27 RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Does not matter where Jay goes, I am a Bronco fan first. It does not matter where phyllis Rivers goes, He will always be a biotch.
I laughed...
When Lightning Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #22
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
To play along I can say I have never followed an Ex-Bronco.
When was the last time you were a huge fan of a Bronco player that went to another team? With the exception of a mild interest in the Jets once Atwater left, I can't say I've really missed any Broncos that have left.

If Jay left, I would be instantly rooting for the other team, as long as they weren't in the AFC West.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #23
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,029
Default

I would root for Cutler to play well.

I still root for CP to play well for the Redskins.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #24
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

I would watch him where ever he went but still be a Bronco fan of course.

Fun player to watch.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #25
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
Ice and Fire

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,680
Default

No. I didnt follow my favorite Bronco Denfender after he left(Steve Atwater), but I might have kept an eye on Elway if he left us later in his career
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Denver Broncos