The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Could a decision to shop Jay be what led to the Goodman's departure?

Random question I was thinking about last week. We know that a lot of deals start coming together at the combine, with the inevitable meetings between staff. I wonder if McDaniels started pushing for Cutler to be traded before the Combine, which the Goodman's would oppose (Cutler and Marshall are their crowning achievement) naturally.

Maybe the reason we haven't heard from Pat Bowlan is because Pat supported this?

That's the last bit of though I am going to give it. The Broncos now appear to be pursuing and second stupid trade involving Hillis.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Show me a link on Denver trying to trade Hillis negitive Nancy
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Given the number of RB's we are picking up, and the rumours of a Peppers deal, it's not hard to see.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

single gunman. grassy knoll.

its a theory.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
lifeafter elway
Solid Starter

i too am concerned about hillis future. he's not a mcdaniels guy - and those all seem to be endangered species.

It seems to me him and jordan fill the same roll, short yardage. I will keep my mouth shut until the roster is set, but it sure seems that we have alot of young jems that McDaniels is uninterested in. If that is the case - I don't think he was the right choice to come to denver.
lifeafter elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I didn't want Shanny fired but after it happened I wanted Mcdaniels. This guy's play calling is really slick you are going to enjoy it.

I could care less about individual players. Seriously you think Hillis is worried about your job? I pull for the uniform no matter who wears it.

IMO Broncos are making an effort to improve and that's all you can ask as a fan.

People are too attached to certain players on the team. Especially considering the team has total stunk recently.

For all you know Hillis is still limping around on his torn hammy and thats why Jordan was brought in. Coaches can't afford to be sentimental. If Mcdaniels has questions about a player he wouldn't be a good coach if he didn't look to answer those questions by obtaining bkups, trades, cuts, etc.

Mcdaniels knows way more about football then you do so just give the guy a shot before you start questioning him over something as silly as Jordan or Hillis.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I love Hillis and I know the NFL is a business so it would make more sense to me to keep Hillis at this point. Even if you decide to trade him next year, you allow him to showcase his skills for a full season and his value would sky rocket. We aren't paying him much and probably wouldn't get much in return so trading him right now makes absolutely no sense at all to me. Even if McD is thinking that Buckhalter and Jordan are better players (which I don't think they are), Hillis adds great depth, especially for the price. And he's younger then both those guys.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Given the number of RB's we are picking up, and the rumours of a Peppers deal, it's not hard to see.
The Panthers don't need any RB's either...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I am sure it three way deal. Hillis, Champ and Schef to NE, NE send both seconds and 1st to Caroline. Peppers and 3rd to Denver.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

what is with all of this 3 way talk?

I have been trying to conviince my g/f to take the 3 way route but she never goes for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I am sure it three way deal. Hillis, Champ and Schef to NE, NE send both seconds and 1st to Caroline. Peppers and 3rd to Denver.
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hillis had a bad injury that may not heal really quick. Mike Anderson was out like a full 12 months I think from his tear remember? His happened in preseason or right at start of yr if I remember correctly and he was still rehabbing come training camp.

Mcdaniels just being smart. He wants more then 1 short yrdage back in case of injury. A combo of Buckhalter/Jordan/Hillis/Arrington might not totally suck. It doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy like having one true stud would, but at least it would have 2 physical guys who can move the chains in Hillis and Jordan.

Broncos probably keep what 5 rbs? how many did pats have?
Old 03-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
what is with all of this 3 way talk?

I have been trying to conviince my g/f to take the 3 way route but she never goes for it
Meh 3 ways better with 2 girls that aren't your G/F.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
Dean
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Random question I was thinking about last week. We know that a lot of deals start coming together at the combine, with the inevitable meetings between staff. I wonder if McDaniels started pushing for Cutler to be traded before the Combine, which the Goodman's would oppose (Cutler and Marshall are their crowning achievement) naturally.

Maybe the reason we haven't heard from Pat Bowlan is because Pat supported this?

That's the last bit of though I am going to give it. The Broncos now appear to be pursuing and second stupid trade involving Hillis.
hen I heard that McKid was shopping for a new QB the same thought occured to me. We will never know unless one of them write a biography but I can't help but wonder.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

I wonder if he has the balls to bring in TO.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
I wonder if he has the balls to bring in TO.
I doubt it. I don't think many first yr coaches would want to deal with that. It will be a coach that has a lot of pull, like billy boy in NE.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #16
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Bye bye Hillis, u wont be missed.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote