The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default stokely not happy with how leach was treated

cant say i blame him, there was no reason to release him i dont think hes ever miffed a snap. now we are paying more for someone who does an identical thing.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11830188

Quote:
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has determined the best way to deal with the drama surrounding Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall is to look his young stars in the eye.
McDaniels met Tuesday with the embattled Marshall, the Broncos' top receiver, and will meet next week with the disgruntled Cutler, the team's starting quarterback.

"Josh and Jay will sit down and meet next week when Jay gets back from Nashville," Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said. And, much to the dismay of fan blogs in Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota and Denver, Smyth added: "The Denver Broncos are not trading Jay Cutler. Period."

Cutler was miffed Saturday upon learning he was involved in a trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay while New England

quarterback Matt Cassel would have come to Denver. The trade never materialized and Cassel was dealt to Kansas City. After getting tutored by McDaniels on the Broncos' new playbook in the days leading up to the Cassel trade, Cutler felt he was misled by his coach and didn't buy the explanation the Broncos were only listening to offers presented by other clubs.

"I hope it works out," new Broncos receiver Jabar Gaffney said. "Because when I met with Josh he only had good things to say about Cutler. I don't know what's going on. All I know, Josh does like him and thinks he's a heck of a quarterback."

Cutler indicated his relationship with McDaniels was damaged, but the fact he has agreed to meet, coupled with the team's emphatic pronouncement the 25-year-old quarterback will not be traded, suggests the controversy is moving toward a resolution.

"You want to put it behind you as quick as possible and get ready and get to work, especially with a new coach," returning Broncos receiver Brandon Stokley said. "Definitely that would be best. Then again, with everything that's gone on, everybody's learned you have to look out for yourself. I present Mike Leach."

The Broncos released Leach, their longtime long snapper and locker-room leader, and signed former New England long snapper Lonie Paxton to a five-year deal.

"I'm still mad about that," Stokley said. "I think all this with Jay will eventually work itself out. Once it's time to play football, Jay's going to be ready to play football, and we're all going to be committed to winning. I'm not worried about that with Jay. But Mike Leach, I don't think the Broncos treated him fairly."

Cutler learned of his trade involvement about 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Later that night — so late, it spilled into the wee hours of Sunday morning — Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on a disorderly conduct charge stemming from an altercation with his fiancee, Michi Nogami, who also was arrested on the same charge. The charges against Marshall and Nogami were dropped Monday, but given Marshall's multiple prior domestic incidents with another woman, he figures to be facing a suspension of four to eight games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. League commissioner Roger Goodell has shown he will enforce punishment regardless of conviction in a judicial court.

"He's a good kid, he tries hard to do the right thing, he's good in the community," Stokley said of Marshall. "At some point you've got to learn, especially with what's happened in the past, you can't put yourself in situations where it's in the hands of the commissioner."
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

It was a good ole boy signing, that's all.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Paxson is an emergency G whereas Leach is an emergency TE. This may have had to do with how many guys are active for a game, and McDaniels preferring to have an extra OL on hand since he only uses 1 TE most of the time.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Paxson is an emergency G whereas Leach is an emergency TE. This may have had to do with how many guys are active for a game, and McDaniels preferring to have an extra OL on hand since he only uses 1 TE most of the time.
I think its more money spent on buying the right locker room atmosphere McDaniels wants to build.

Same with signing Dawkins. Its an overpay to buy the kind of clubhouse chemistry he wants.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
That makes sense.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

This is the same crap Mangini pulled with the Jets. He comes in with a heavy hand as though he can act like Belichik without the actual accomplishments, and the team, fans, and eventually media begin to resent him for it.

The secrecy, the abrupt moves, the lies, the lack of transparency. Watch the media slowly begin to turn on McDaniels, especially if he doesn't win immediately
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

oh he will win, I heard a rumor that we're calling up a couple more minor leaguers from our Verizon farm system, look out NFL (I'm just kidding, no truth to anythign I just said)
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Too bad Stoke, deal with it. Also, keep your mouth shut or you'll be gone too. That's how we roll in Camp J-Mac.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #9
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Someday this will all be a TV Movie on Lifetime.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Someday this will all be a TV Movie on Lifetime.
Hope so. Those usually have happy endings
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #11
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

I've never seen so much controversy over a damn long snapper. Who cares?
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Too bad Stoke, deal with it. Also, keep your mouth shut or you'll be gone too. That's how we roll in Camp J-Mac.
Yup Stoke should be happy he has a gig for 2009 and STFU. He knows the NFL, it's not like the Colts cut him...
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #13
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Leach thing was the only signing I question. Paxton's apparently a locker room leader and brings the kind of attitude the team is trying to build. I've met Leach and he's a really nice family man and a better tight end than you'd think. I think they released him out of respect to his request to catch on somewhere else. I personally think he could have still played here. I'll laugh if he goes to the Patriots.

Last edited by Kaylore; 03-04-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ill buy that. Good point.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

(ORGAN MUSIC)

NARRATOR: This week on As Dove Valley Turns, Jay discovers that his circle of pals is growing ever smaller. Relationships are tested! Will the new coach come to him and plead forgiveness, or is this relationship headed for the rocks? Watch Tony stand up for his main man! Even Brandon comes forward to weep at the unfairness of it all. Is Josh spreading nothing but evil everywhere he turns, or will his strong arm tactics bring peace back to Dove Valley? Tune in next week for the thrilling continuation of our story on...

(CUE ORGAN MUSIC)

As Dove Valley Turns!

FADE TO BLACK
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #16
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Get your ass in gear and deal with it or get the **** out stokley. We can get a 7th rounder to replace your ass like nothin.

Stupid baby you need to grow up and grow a sack. God knows your too short anyway.

Is that the new attitude we have to have if we want to call ourselves Broncos fans? Think so, last thing I want is for JMac to trade me to Detroit.

Last edited by spdirty; 03-04-2009 at 08:38 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #17
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
This is the same crap Mangini pulled with the Jets. He comes in with a heavy hand as though he can act like Belichik without the actual accomplishments, and the team, fans, and eventually media begin to resent him for it.

The secrecy, the abrupt moves, the lies, the lack of transparency. Watch the media slowly begin to turn on McDaniels, especially if he doesn't win immediately
You mean the Eric Mangini who took the Jets to the playoffs his first year, that Jets fans referred to as "Mangenius" and who in his three years in New York had two winning seasons?

The same guy who lost his job because his GM and owner caved to the appeal of a "star" QB and then sat idly by as that QB went rouge and stopped running the offensive play calls down the stretch?

That Eric Mangini? Talk about your revisionist history.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #18
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Get your ass in gear and deal with it or get the **** out stokley. We can get a 7th rounder to replace your ass like nothin.

Stupid baby you need to grow up and grow a sack. God knows your too short anyway.

Is that the new attitude we have to have if we want to call ourselves Broncos fans? Think so, last thing I want is for JMac to trade me to Detroit.
Who is "we"?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #19
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Who is "we"?
Bronco fans. I think if we dont have the right attitude coach will trade our fandom to some other team.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #20
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post

Belichick did it before the accomplishments. The media turned on him. The numpties were in an uproar, then they won the Superbowl. Everything changes. It's just whether Bowlen allows the media and numpty fans to run the team.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #21
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Bronco fans. I think if we dont have the right attitude coach will trade our fandom to some other team.
You dont represent anyone. Just calm the **** down.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #22
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I think its more money spent on buying the right locker room atmosphere McDaniels wants to build.

Same with signing Dawkins. Its an overpay to buy the kind of clubhouse chemistry he wants.
This is exactly what this is about. If you read the "Patriots Way" article someone posted, they talk about bringing in guys that understand the culture and can represent that in the locker room. I'm guessing that the Miami guys are the same thing... They've been under Saban and Parcells, and understand what McDaniels is trying to do.

It is a little creepy to me on some levels... Bordering on "Single White Female". Hopefully it works.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #23
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjackson View Post
Belichick did it before the accomplishments. The media turned on him. The numpties were in an uproar, then they won the Superbowl. Everything changes. It's just whether Bowlen allows the media and numpty fans to run the team.
Yeah, but before that NE had never won a SB. Thats not the case here. We know it can be done without this. Pat just tolerates this because the Pats were also stingy with money and this is part of that. Pat wants to be stingy with money.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #24
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjackson View Post
Please see the Kosar and Belichick situation in Cleveland. That did not go well.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I think this was a messed up move too. Leach is a great long snapper so I don't see why you couldn't stick with him.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote