The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default probably one huge reason why bowlen is having everyone "answer to me"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-the-fall-guy/

avoid situations like this. set the GM and coach on the same level and you avoid power struggles. just a thought for everyone who said hes an idiot for not hiring a GM first.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-the-fall-guy/

avoid situations like this. set the GM and coach on the same level and you avoid power struggles. just a thought for everyone who said hes an idiot for not hiring a GM first.
Maybe that's what Bowlen said, but every move he has made this offseason says "everyone will answer to Josh."
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Maybe that's what Bowlen said, but every move he has made this offseason says "everyone will answer to Josh."
josh is in charge of the team, but the GM is not in charge of josh, they work together. josh cannot fire xanders like shanny was able to. bowlen has run the same style of ownership (head coach runs the team) for a very long time, and its worked very well for him, i see no reason for him to change now.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
josh is in charge of the team, but the GM is not in charge of josh, they work together. josh cannot fire xanders like shanny was able to. bowlen has run the same style of ownership (head coach runs the team) for a very long time, and its worked very well for him, i see no reason for him to change now.
The GM is there b/c Josh said he could be. It is beyond obvious that this is McD's team and he, if not THE decision maker, has a large say in what goes on at Dove Valley. You think it was Xanders' idea to hire Kidd? No, he's a NE Patriot guy. Kidd was hired b/c McD said to make it happen. Plain and simple, in the short time he has been HC he has become Pat Bowlen's new Mike Shanahan.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
The GM is there b/c Josh said he could be. It is beyond obvious that this is McD's team and he, if not THE decision maker, has a large say in what goes on at Dove Valley. You think it was Xanders' idea to hire Kidd? No, he's a NE Patriot guy. Kidd was hired b/c McD said to make it happen. Plain and simple, in the short time he has been HC he has become Pat Bowlen's new Mike Shanahan.
Are you sure about this? I'm not saying you are not correct, it's just the first time I've heard these statements in such strong language.

I know everyone is assuming here, as am I. But do we really know this is how it happened?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
Why shouldn't he have say? He's the one coaching the team, he knows his system better than bowlen, he SHOULD pick scouts he's comfortable with. He also should be consulted when making a GM hire. The Xanders decisions seems like a BOWLEN decision first and foremost
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote