The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default OT: Holy Crap !! The girl killed worked for my company!

I'm sure someone must have posted this.....

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_11736387

Ex-fiance on run after slaying
ROADSIDE SLAYING | The victim's ex-beau is on the run after the Wheat Ridge shooting.
By Kirk Mitchell and Joey Bunch
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/19/2009 12:30:00 AM MST
Updated: 02/19/2009 01:03:44 AM MST

The victim's shot-up car. (9News)
Related Articles
Feb 18:
Ex-beau sought as driver run off Wadsworth, shotFeb 17:
Female driver fatally shot in Wheat RidgeWoman driver shot, killed in Wheat RidgeTyler James Martin was a ticking time bomb in his passionate relationship with his former girlfriend, Amber Kathleen Cremeens, those who knew them both said Wednesday.

Martin, 36, allegedly ran Cremeens, 34, off Wadsworth Boulevard on Tuesday night and then shot her to death.

Wheat Ridge police were still looking for him Wednesday night.

The couple's stormy relationship goes back years.

"He was a dark, dark person," said David Hirnei, who rented a house to Cremeens in Kansas City from 2001 to 2004. "They had trouble all the time."

Martin had moved to the Kansas City area from Chicago to be with her, but she eventually moved out to get away from him, Hirnei said. Then Hirnei had to have Martin evicted when he wouldn't pay the rent.

"He was totally fixated on her," Hirnei said. "I'm not surprised that something happened, but it never occurred to me he would do something like this."

A man who did not want his name released told 9News that he stopped to help Tuesday when he saw Cremeens crash into a fence, then witnessed the shooting.

"He was very nonchalant about it," he said of the gunman. ". . . He had tunnel vision. He had an agenda. He was out to kill this person."

Cremeens had lived in at least three locations in Arvada and Denver over the past year, and she moved frequently in Kansas City as well, public records showed.

Wheat Ridge police said that after the slaying, Martin went to his house to retrieve his dog and cat and then vanished.

"He was bitter," said Chris Black, 25, a neighbor who occasionally drank beer and played video games with Martin at his home at 1355 Osceola St.

"He got pissed off because he changed his life and moved to Colorado from Chicago just to marry her and then she dumped him."

Wheat Ridge police spokeswoman Lisa Stigall said Cremeens made a panicked call to her current boyfriend about 10 p.m. Tuesday telling him her ex-boyfriend was trying to run her off the road near

Tyler James Martin, 36, moved to Colorado from Chicago for the victim, Amber Kathleen Cremeens, but their relationship didn't last. (Special to The Denver Post)West 44th Avenue and Wads worth Boulevard.
He called 911, and police found Cremeens' body on the west side of Wadsworth Boulevard near West 35th Avenue in the driver's seat of a Dodge Caliber.

"The sad thing is we were so close," Stigall said. "Thirty seconds' difference would have made a world of difference. It's just a shame."

When police arrived, they spoke with the motorist who had stopped at the scene. He told police he was behind the woman when she crashed into the fence and that he had gotten out of his car to see whether he could help when another man climbed out of a dark sedan.

"He watched the suspect get out and just shoot her," Stigall said.

Martin is described as 6 feet tall, weighing 250 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes. He might be driving a dark-green 1998 Mercury Mystique with license plate 720-SXA.

Neighbors said Martin lived in a small gray home he rented about six months ago after his girlfriend broke up with him. He wouldn't leave his home for weeks at a time, Black said.

Joseph Fernandez, 68, who lives next door to Martin, said he would sometimes see Martin leave his house late at night. He would scold Fernandez's dog for yelping at him.

"I guess he didn't want anybody to know he was there," he said. "He was very strange. Who would imagine that your neighbor would go on a rampage and kill someone?"

His daughter, Darlene Garcia, 46, overheard Martin say last week that he was finally going to get to see the former girlfriend. "He was real excited about that," she said.

Black said Martin was a nice guy who said he made a living from computers, but he never explained exactly how. Whenever Black went to Martin's house, he was playing video games. He played poker or went to a bar on rare occasions and would watch Ultimate Fighting bouts on TV, Black said.

"He was like one of those guys who would get a new video every week in the mail, play it for about a week and then get rid of it," he said.

Martin — who had two cars, including a limited-edition Mustang he kept in his garage — told people he got an inheritance when his father died. He had a Vulcan 1500 Kawasaki motorcycle and other high-tech toys in his house.

"He never seemed to be hurting for money," Black said.

Martin's dog, Dewey, is a half-blind, white Jack Russell terrier with a weak, scratchy bark. The dog had been his late father's.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

This email was distributed this morning at my office (and worldwide).....

"It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Amber Cremeens. From news reports and discussions with Denver area police, it has become known that Amber was the victim of a violent crime near her home in Denver.

Amber was a Preclinical Services Sales Manager covering the Rocky Mountain area of the U.S. Amber started with the Company in 2000, originally working for Pathology Associates. She transferred into PCS Sales in 2006.

Amber was a great team player, and was always available to lend assistance to both her Charles River colleagues and her clients. She was a very caring and genuine person, and had a positive energy that was contagious. Amber will be greatly missed by all who worked with her and knew her.

To pay tribute to Amber and to honor her memory, all flags at Charles River locations will be flown at half-mast during this period of mourning. Additionally, we are establishing the “Amber K. Cremeens Memorial Award” that will be presented annually to the most outstanding Charles River Sales person.

We will pass along information about services and where people can express their condolences as it becomes available."
Old 02-19-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

i'd consider removing the names from your quoted email.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
i'd consider removing the names from your quoted email.
Ummmmm.....the only name was that of the victim.....already in the newpaper article in post #1.....the email (post #2) has no other names in it.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Ummmmm.....the only name was that of the victim.....already in the newpaper article in post #1.....the email (post #2) has no other names in it.
sorry, misread.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

How tragic...

Domestic violence is a huge issue for me because my wife was victimized by it before I happened to come along. After she'd left her abuser he continued to try to harass her until one day I flattened him. Before she got her nursing license Jackie worked for Dillards behind the cosmetics counters. One night a 19 year old girl she worked with said goodbye, walked out the employee entrance and went to her car to go home. Her BF was parked accross the street in Circuit City's parking lot with a hunting rifle and shot her in the head. Then he drove home and offed himself before the cops could arrive.

What possesses these lunatics is beyond my understanding.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

damn...some people are so messed up....RIP Amber

I moved to Philadelphia to be with a girl and she cheated on me and dumped me....I had quit my job and everything....but this type of thing NEVER crossed my mind in my deepest thoughts....screwed up people
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

WOW. I fell terrible for her and her family and those of you who worked with her. Very sad indeed.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote