The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Default NFL Draftcountdown Blog from combine

Beanie may run a 4.3 40.
Maybin looks like a stud.

Some pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur.../2-18-2009.php
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Beanie may run a 4.3 40.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur.../2-18-2009.php

Workout warrior, he prolly sucks.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Where did you get my picture?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
brother love
Pro Bowler

As a Penn State fan I hope that Maybin does well in the Pros.
I didn't realize that he was that put together though. Damn!
He'd be a good rush end/ outside linebacker.
He is damn fast coming off the edge.
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Jarron Gilbert:

chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
You might want to work on slimming that beer belly down...
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Maybin is not ready for prime time yet. He needs to add a lot of playing strength, he will get manhandled in the pros.

I think he will be a really good pickup for a good 3-4 team like Pittsburgh, New England or Baltimore who can have him riding the pine for a year while he adjusts and then work him in.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Interestingly, he compared Aaron Curry to a better version of D.J. Williams. The implication seemed to be that he thought a lot of D.J. It also made me wonder if he would think them too similar for Curry to be a good fit in Denver.

So much speculation...
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Some of those comments make me wonder if #12 may be a hot spot for trade activity. Sanchez, Freeman, and the OT's may all be targets at that point. I'd love to see us leverage that choice and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, without dropping down too far in round 1.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattob14 View Post
Some of those comments make me wonder if #12 may be a hot spot for trade activity. Sanchez, Freeman, and the OT's may all be targets at that point. I'd love to see us leverage that choice and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, without dropping down too far in round 1.
That is too hard to tell at this point, but WAS, NO, and HOU do not need QB's, so there is no way someone would trade up that high to select in front of them. OT, maybe. This is a real Talented Group of OT's again, but how deep is it really? I keep hearing conflicting views after the first 3 which realistically should be gone before 12. What WILL influence this is who drops unexpectedly out of the top 10. IMHO the top tier group ends right about 12 guys and someone invariably free falls. That might be the only leverage DEN really has.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Any chance Harvin vaults to top 11?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post

Workout warrior, he prolly sucks.
Which one is he?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengopher1976 View Post
Interestingly, he compared Aaron Curry to a better version of D.J. Williams. The implication seemed to be that he thought a lot of D.J. It also made me wonder if he would think them too similar for Curry to be a good fit in Denver.

So much speculation...
Worry not, Curry will be a top 5 pick so the Broncos don't need to worry about it.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #14
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Any chance Harvin vaults to top 11?
Yes. He could be sub 4.3 and his medical could be outstanding. His interviews should be good as well so he definitely could jump up that high.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #15
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
That is too hard to tell at this point, but WAS, NO, and HOU do not need QB's, so there is no way someone would trade up that high to select in front of them. OT, maybe. This is a real Talented Group of OT's again, but how deep is it really? I keep hearing conflicting views after the first 3 which realistically should be gone before 12. What WILL influence this is who drops unexpectedly out of the top 10. IMHO the top tier group ends right about 12 guys and someone invariably free falls. That might be the only leverage DEN really has.
I have a feeling the success of rookie OT's the last 2 years may push their value higher this year. I've gotta say, the further along the process goes, I'm starting to see a close pack of defenders that I wouldn't mind having, but I'm not sure I love the value of any of them at #12. If we could slide down a bit, add another pick in the 2nd or 3rd and kill two birds with one stone, I'd be a lot more comfortable with our situation.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #16
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
i'm hoping that a upper-echelon OT falls to us at that spot and we can leverage the ish out of PHilly. A low 1st rounder and a second rounder would fit me just fine as long as the points match up.

If we come away with Tyson Jackson, Jaron Gilbert, or Paul Kruger, any combo of those guys, i'll be extremely happy. Throw in a LB or secondary player of your choice with the other pick and i'll be elated. It's all about building up the 3-4 now. We can spend money on the back seven in FA, and draft for the front seven.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Maybin is not ready for prime time yet. He needs to add a lot of playing strength, he will get manhandled in the pros.

I think he will be a really good pickup for a good 3-4 team like Pittsburgh, New England or Baltimore who can have him riding the pine for a year while he adjusts and then work him in.
I haven't gotten to watch a ton of film on Maybin but there is something about him which is reminding me of Jason Taylor when he came out. NOBODY gave Jason Taylor a shot to really succeed on the next level. Too lean, too skinny, not strong enough.

I think the guy has really produced early in his career and he still has the chance to get bigger and stronger while keeping his quickness. He could be a beast coming off the edge in a 3-4.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #18
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I haven't gotten to watch a ton of film on Maybin but there is something about him which is reminding me of Jason Taylor when he came out. NOBODY gave Jason Taylor a shot to really succeed on the next level. Too lean, too skinny, not strong enough.

I think the guy has really produced early in his career and he still has the chance to get bigger and stronger while keeping his quickness. He could be a beast coming off the edge in a 3-4.
I will be extremely interested to see how many times he can press the 225. Because the knock on him is that he is extremely weak. In fact during the rose bowl Brett Meisenberger basically said that he would be stupid to come out because he need to spend another year or two in the weight room.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
i'm hoping that a upper-echelon OT falls to us at that spot and we can leverage the ish out of PHilly. A low 1st rounder and a second rounder would fit me just fine as long as the points match up.

If we come away with Tyson Jackson, Jaron Gilbert, or Paul Kruger, any combo of those guys, i'll be extremely happy. Throw in a LB or secondary player of your choice with the other pick and i'll be elated. It's all about building up the 3-4 now. We can spend money on the back seven in FA, and draft for the front seven.
Philly is the team I'd target for a trade as well. We could move from 12 to 21 and also pick up #53. We'd lose 30 points in value, which is pretty inconsequential. At 21, I think we'd still have a shot at a good OLB, with Cushing, Maybin, and English as possibilities. The NFL.com mock even had Brown available at that point. I wouldn't write off Maualuga or Tyson Jackson at that point either.

Detroit is another team with a slew of early round picks and, if they do reverse course and select Stafford, I could see them making a move up for an OT to protect him. Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Otah, and Smith/Oher would be a pretty nice base to build around offensively.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #20
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes. He could be sub 4.3 and his medical could be outstanding. His interviews should be good as well so he definitely could jump up that high.
How's that? He's considered an egomaniac and a poor teammate.
SpringStein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post

is that you in the green? you better ask Maybin for some workout advice
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattob14 View Post
Philly is the team I'd target for a trade as well. We could move from 12 to 21 and also pick up #53. We'd lose 30 points in value, which is pretty inconsequential. At 21, I think we'd still have a shot at a good OLB, with Cushing, Maybin, and English as possibilities. The NFL.com mock even had Brown available at that point. I wouldn't write off Maualuga or Tyson Jackson at that point either.

Detroit is another team with a slew of early round picks and, if they do reverse course and select Stafford, I could see them making a move up for an OT to protect him. Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Otah, and Smith/Oher would be a pretty nice base to build around offensively.
i really think we are primed to get really good value for our number 12 pick. i would be stoked if we traded back to 21 with Phily and got either Tyson Jackson or Cushing there. it would be awesome for us.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #23
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i really think we are primed to get really good value for our number 12 pick. i would be stoked if we traded back to 21 with Phily and got either Tyson Jackson or Cushing there. it would be awesome for us.
I hope we get value out of that pick. There are a lot of players I'd like to pick up this year (Brown, Orakpo, Maybin, English, Maualuga, Cushing, Jackson all fit the bill), but none of them really stand out to me at #12. The only exception would be Curry, but that's not gonna happen. If we could move down, add an extra selection, and still grab one of the guys I listed, I'd consider that a successful day one.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #24
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Default Scott Wright NO LONGER A DRAFT EXPERT

4:21 [Comment From Guest]
Brady Quinn, Jay Cutler, or Matt Stafford? Who is/was the better prospect?
4:21 Scott Wright: Brady Quinn, followed by Stafford then Cutler in my book.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #25
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Beanie may run a 4.3 40.