The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Default New Drug to treat cancer DCA

The Michelakis team reports that DCA turns on the mitochondria of cancer cells, allowing them to commit cellular suicide, or apoptosis.

Cancer cells shut down the mitochondria, which is the part of the cell that is involved in metabolism and, incidentally, initiates the cell suicide.

A non-cancerous cell will initiate apoptosis when it detects damage within itself that it cannot repair. But a cancer cell resists the suicide process. That is why chemotherapy and radiation treatments do not work very well and actually result in terrible side effects… the healthy cells actually die much easier.

Michelakis and his team discovered that they could re-activate the mitochondria of cancer cells. Not only that, the DCA is very effective in doing it: To quote from the Michelakis paper: “The decrease in [Ca2+]i occurs within 5 min and is sustained after 48 hr of DCA exposure.” The mitochondria are so sensitive to DCA that just 5 minutes of exposure reactivates them for 48 hours.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Wow. This in combination with nano delivery of chemo drugs and a few of the other cutting edge cancer treatments looks really promising.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.

Like a complete unknown

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
The Michelakis team reports that DCA turns on the mitochondria of cancer cells, allowing them to commit cellular suicide, or apoptosis.

Cancer cells shut down the mitochondria, which is the part of the cell that is involved in metabolism and, incidentally, initiates the cell suicide.

A non-cancerous cell will initiate apoptosis when it detects damage within itself that it cannot repair. But a cancer cell resists the suicide process. That is why chemotherapy and radiation treatments do not work very well and actually result in terrible side effects… the healthy cells actually die much easier.

Michelakis and his team discovered that they could re-activate the mitochondria of cancer cells. Not only that, the DCA is very effective in doing it: To quote from the Michelakis paper: “The decrease in [Ca2+]i occurs within 5 min and is sustained after 48 hr of DCA exposure.” The mitochondria are so sensitive to DCA that just 5 minutes of exposure reactivates them for 48 hours.
What is DCA? I mean, is it a chemical, a protein, something else?
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Link?
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Any breakthroughs are good news...hopefully it works in the long-term
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
Elway777
Ring of Famer

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGklQ5op...headlines/dca/

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGklQ5op...ncer-treatment
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I think DCA is really effective Drug used with caffeine and high doses of Coenyze Q10. My Dad had stage 4 small cell lung cancer and was given 2 months to live. He take DCA plus 400 mg of Co Enyme Q10 and now he is cancer free.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Great news and maybe I can stop taking BAZI to prevent cancer cells from coming into my body castle. Now how long will it be approved for mass usage or can it be started immediatley?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Great news and maybe I can stop taking BAZI to prevent cancer cells from coming into my body castle. Now how long will it be approved for mass usage or can it be started immediatley?
Not approved by FDA for Cancer treatment and probally never will. This Drug cann't be patient so nobody will spend one billion dollars to get fda approval.Medicor clients is the only place I know to get it in Canada. Their might be so place in mexico to get it. I would only take DCA if you have cancer and you feel Chemothery will not work.