The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default Any Love for Ramses Barden?

I was just remembering this guy with the combine approaching. I watched him in the State farm College Skills Competition and thought he was a TE or D-End or something - the due is just a monster. I think he is 6'6" and about 230 lbs.

Anyway, I don't know if he will be at the combine, but watch this kid, he's a freak. He is kind of like B-Marsh, but bigger. He can sky for the jump ball, and can break tackles.

Anyone follow Ramses Barden from Cal Poly?
cmhargrove is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I was just remembering this guy with the combine approaching. I watched him in the State farm College Skills Competition and thought he was a TE or D-End or something - the due is just a monster. I think he is 6'6" and about 230 lbs.

Anyway, I don't know if he will be at the combine, but watch this kid, he's a freak. He is kind of like B-Marsh, but bigger. He can sky for the jump ball, and can break tackles.

Anyone follow Ramses Barden from Cal Poly?
Hes a inch taller then Marsh. I seen on a team board some guy thought they could steal him in the seventh. i almost died laughing
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

He did nothing at the Senior Bowl and will probably be a project in the NFL, but he has the ability to be very good.

Id take a late round flyer on him. He may shoot up the board at the combine though.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Does anyone have an idea of the type of wr McDaniels might be looking for? I can't really see a pattern in the Pats receivers. The pats don't go all small fast receivers like the colts (besides Welker), but they don't go for west coast possesion recievers either, at least as far as I can tell. I was looking at Barden, but I have no idea what to look for in terms of the new system.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i think he could be a really good receiver, but he is still a little raw, but his measurables are going to end up making him a 4th rounder.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpac1001 View Post
Does anyone have an idea of the type of wr McDaniels might be looking for? I can't really see a pattern in the Pats receivers. The pats don't go all small fast receivers like the colts (besides Welker), but they don't go for west coast possesion recievers either, at least as far as I can tell. I was looking at Barden, but I have no idea what to look for in terms of the new system.
the Pats don't really have a set type of receivers they prefer that i have noticed, in my eyes they just like hard workers who don't drop the ball.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Cecil Lammey
NFL Insider

Football is Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

He's working out in L.A. at Elite Athletics with my good friend Travelle Gaines. Check out our Senior Bowl reports for more info! http://draftguys.com

Greg Lee came in as an injury replacement at the Senior Bowl and immediately looked better. Ramses just didn't fight for the ball enough, plus he is not sudden off the line or in and out of his breaks.
Cecil Lammey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I see him as a 4th round pick right now, and a good one at that. If you have time and patience with him I think he can become a very dangerous player. He clearly has excellent physical and athletic ability, if he gets his hands and head into the game he can be a weapon, on the other hand there is always a question mark with guys like this because they have to improve very quickly to not wash out.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpac1001 View Post
did anyone ever stop and think that maybe McDaniels might not clone the Pats to a T?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
did anyone ever stop and think that maybe McDaniels might not clone the Pats to a T?
I expect will see a system similar to what was run out of Carolina and NE in the passing game, with mix of Denver ZBS.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #11
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I see him as a 4th round pick right now, and a good one at that. If you have time and patience with him I think he can become a very dangerous player. He clearly has excellent physical and athletic ability, if he gets his hands and head into the game he can be a weapon, on the other hand there is always a question mark with guys like this because they have to improve very quickly to not wash out.
I see him as another Marshall. I think he has chance to be that good.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I expect will see a system similar to what was run out of Carolina and NE in the passing game, with mix of Denver ZBS.
i was thinking our offense would be more of a power running like in Carolina, with a wide open passing game.

basically i envision something more in line with our passing game last season combined with Carolina style power running in the Broncos ZBS.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Well I don't see many other places to look for a clue to what McDaniels looks for in a receiver. If you have any ideas other then "we will see" I would love to hear it.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #14
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Saw him in person a few years ago when Cal Poly came up to play NDSU. He is gigantic. He'd be a fantastic redzone target. Definitely a project though.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I had to post the pic - pretty hilarious...
Attached Images

cmhargrove is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: