The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,911
Default Tyler Roehl (RB/FB)

Wondering if anyone has any insight on him. I think Req goes to NDSU so I am hoping for some more detials. What his on field speed look like? Does he have the ability to play at the next level. I like the video on him, seem to have good hands and nice burst.

He had a good year
GP GS ATT Gain Loss Net APC TD LNG AYG
Tyler Roehl 11-10 171 1075 22 1053 6.2 13 80 95.7



elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Elway777
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,886
Default

I really like him and would take him in the 7 round. I think Hillis and Roelh are vary simalar.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,911
Default

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

North Dakota State:

RB Tyler Roehl (5-9 3/4, 233 pounds) turned in times of 4.53 and 4.55 in the 40 with a 30-inch vertical and an 8-foot, 10-inch broad jump. He had a 4.20 short shuttle and a 7.28 three-cone time, with 30 reps on the bench.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,911
Default

If Shanahan was here, I would call Roehl a late day pick for Denver.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Roehl is a gamer. After coming to NDSU to play FB, injuries and opportunity allowed him to take the starting tailback job not this past year, but the year before and he didin't disappoint. I think he's a prospect that could get drafted, but it wouldn't be until very late. He can be a "Roehl" player in the NFL, but that is about it. (IMHO)

He runs hard and with authority, but he's a little hesistant sometimes, and his vision is a little questionable in my opinion. He misses some pretty big holes. He doesn't give up though. As far as his speed, he is pretty darn fast on the field. Timing in the 4.5's is a little surprising to me, I thought he'd time lower -- but he has a decent second gear on the field. It's good enough to play in the NFL; that's for sure.

His hands out of the backfield are average, even though he did excellent at his Pro Day. (Didn't drop any passes, I guess.) He drops some catchable balls. A true grinder, he'll give it his all. He's a late-round prospect though; worth a look there -- pending other talent on board.

The Broncos were present at the Pro Day here.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

03/24/09 - North Dakota State Pro day: From talking to others and from my own eyes, running back Tyler Roehl, receiver Kole Heckendorf and safety Nick Schommer were the most impressive for the scouts. One scout had Heckendorf at a 4.33 in the 40. I had him at 4.4 and I'm still a little skeptical of a 4.33, but somewhere around 4.4 flat seems more realistic. Roehl benched 225 pounds 30 times and until the last few, made it look like it was a plastic bar. Perhaps only somebody like offensive lineman Austin Richard of the current Bison players get in the 30 range. The downside to Roehl's measurables was an 8-10 in the standing long jump. "I've never been a jumper," he said. The NFL teams represented were the Redskins, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Jaguars, Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Giants, Chargers and Steelers. Roehl looked very powerful in the "L drill" run and was verdy fluid in catching passes during the skills session. I don't think he dropped one. I clocked him at 4.4 in the 40, although he says it was more like a 4.5 from what he was told. Heckendorf certainly didn't drop a pass in the skills portion. - Bison Media, Area Voices
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

i don't understand why Hillis is a possiblility on the trade block if we are looking at a guy with almost the same skill set in this years draft.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Roehl is a gamer. After coming to NDSU to play FB, injuries and opportunity allowed him to take the starting tailback job not this past year, but the year before and he didin't disappoint. I think he's a prospect that could get drafted, but it wouldn't be until very late. He can be a "Roehl" player in the NFL, but that is about it. (IMHO)

He runs hard and with authority, but he's a little hesistant sometimes, and his vision is a little questionable in my opinion. He misses some pretty big holes. He doesn't give up though. As far as his speed, he is pretty darn fast on the field. Timing in the 4.5's is a little surprising to me, I thought he'd time lower -- but he has a decent second gear on the field. It's good enough to play in the NFL; that's for sure.

His hands out of the backfield are average, even though he did excellent at his Pro Day. (Didn't drop any passes, I guess.) He drops some catchable balls. A true grinder, he'll give it his all. He's a late-round prospect though; worth a look there -- pending other talent on board.

The Broncos were present at the Pro Day here.
Thanks. When I started this thread a while ago I was wondering about his vision. I think with Turner one cut and go he might be a good short yardage back with power that could come in add give Denver 5 to 6 carries a game to start.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
Elway777
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,886
Default

If he is available in the 6 or 7 then I would think about drafting him.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Thanks. When I started this thread a while ago I was wondering about his vision. I think with Turner one cut and go he might be a good short yardage back with power that could come in add give Denver 5 to 6 carries a game to start.
I think he could be used in the same role New England utilized BenJarvis Green last year. He's worth a look in the final rounds. . . pending talent on board I'd say.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #11
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i don't understand why Hillis is a possiblility on the trade block if we are looking at a guy with almost the same skill set in this years draft.
Because he has the scarlet 'MS' letters on his jersey.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #12
Denver724
Ring of Famer
 
Denver724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
03/24/09 - North Dakota State Pro day: From talking to others and from my own eyes, running back Tyler Roehl, receiver Kole Heckendorf and safety Nick Schommer were the most impressive for the scouts. One scout had Heckendorf at a 4.33 in the 40. I had him at 4.4 and I'm still a little skeptical of a 4.33, but somewhere around 4.4 flat seems more realistic. Roehl benched 225 pounds 30 times and until the last few, made it look like it was a plastic bar. Perhaps only somebody like offensive lineman Austin Richard of the current Bison players get in the 30 range. The downside to Roehl's measurables was an 8-10 in the standing long jump. "I've never been a jumper," he said. The NFL teams represented were the Redskins, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Jaguars, Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Giants, Chargers and Steelers. Roehl looked very powerful in the "L drill" run and was verdy fluid in catching passes during the skills session. I don't think he dropped one. I clocked him at 4.4 in the 40, although he says it was more like a 4.5 from what he was told. Heckendorf certainly didn't drop a pass in the skills portion. - Bison Media, Area Voices
Where did you get this info?
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #13
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

NFLDraftScout, who got it from BMAV. It is legit.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic
 
s0phr0syne's Avatar
 
Absorb and Redirect

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2009/6/3/8...own-goes-roehl

Tough break for Roehl, looks like he tore his ACL in non-contact drills (kickoff ST).
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mandan
Posts: 4,981

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton
Default

Will this get him put on the IR?
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Denver Broncos