The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #26
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

BroncoBuff, Stafford was taken first overall. Please look and see who has been taken in the future.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #27
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

What's funny is only two players have been taken.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #28
dekers
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jim Turner

Hi there guys am looking to trade out of the first round . 29 1-29 Colts - dekers . and pick up some extra picks . hit me up . thanks everyone.

Last edited by dekers; 02-28-2009 at 01:34 AM..
dekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:36 AM   #29
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Wow, this one sure went to hell fast.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #30
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

****Announcement****
We're sorting this out, folks. Please stand by while we try and fix the train wreck this has become. I'm going to give BB one more chance to make his pick and Socal too. After that if you make a pick that is already selected it obviously won't count. And then when your time period lapses the next teams can make their choice.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #31
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

BB has until 1:00 Pm MST to make his pick. After that Socalorado will be on the clock. And from here on out if you miss your pick, you miss your pick!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #32
socalorado
Ring of Famer

So i guess BB has forfieted his pick, i am sick of waiting, as are the rest of us, so i will make my pick. This draft is just moving at a snails pace, and to think we all have 7 rounds to do.
So with that in mind, this draft will become for me "the reach" draft. I am going to "reach" for every player i pick, and see if they end up becoming solid pros.

Without further delay,
WITH THE #4 PICK IN THE 2009 NFL DRAFT, THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SELECT

Mark Sanchez, QB
Height:6'2"
Weight:227
College:Southern Cal
Analysis
Positives: Ascending talent whose intangibles for the position are just as impressive as his physical tools. ... Cerebral. ... Reads defenses well and rarely throws into coverage. ... Goes through his progression quickly and takes what the defense gives him. ... Recognizes the blitz very well for a player of his experience and often targets the defenses' weak link when being blitzed. ... Good setup and a smooth, over-the-top delivery. ... Legitimate NFL arm strength. ... Capable of making every NFL throw, including the deep ball. ... Rather than relying on pure arm strength, Sanchez combines good velocity with rare anticipation, especially for a player of his limited experience. ... Consistently releases his passes before his receivers have even made their breaks, giving the defense little time to react. ... Distributes the ball all over the field. ... Good short-, medium-, and long-range accuracy. ... Consistently places his passes where only his receiver can get it and throws a very catchable ball. ... When healthy, showed very surprising mobility for his size. ... Can evade the pass rush and will scramble if the defense gives free yards. ... Rare accuracy on the rollout. ... Squares his shoulders and can fire the ball with consistency and accuracy. ... Team captain. ... Blue-collar work ethic.

Negatives: Only one season as the starter and leaves USC with just 16 career starts. ... Career record of 4-2 outside of the state of California. ... Undeniable tools, but isn't yet a finished product. ... Runs a bit hot and cold and has a tendency to score touchdowns in bunches. ... Characterized by those close to the program as a very cerebral player who makes the right read, but many of his touchdown passes went to receivers with five or more yards of separation between the next closest defender, opening up some questions if USC's dominant athletes and the team's aggressive play-calling helped him look even better. ... Suffered a dislocated left knee cap prior to the season opener and his mobility was limited.

Hasslebeck isnt getting any younger, and he only has maybe 1-2 more years, so SEA gets its QB of the future in Sanchez. Other positions can be addressed later in this mock, we will see how i do as it goes!
Hopefully this will also allow some of you others to go after players you want, but were considered a pipedream because of your position.
Should only be 2 more days before the next pick is made!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #33
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

With a belated FOURTH SELECTION in the first round, now knowing Cassel is a chef, Kansas City select ....
Aaron Curry
OLB - Wake Forest Demon Deacons

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #34
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With the 5th overall pick the Clevland Browns select Everette Brown Florida state university
Boss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #35
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With the 6th pick in the draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #36
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Round 1

1 1-1 Lions - Florida Bronco -- Matthew Stafford, QB Georgia
2 1-2 Rams - A.L.F -- Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
3 1-3 Chiefs - BroncoBuff -- Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
4 1-4 Seahawks - SoCalorado -- Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
5 1-5 Browns - Boss Man -- Everette Brown, LB, FSU
6 1-6 Bengals - MagicHef -- Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
7 1-7 Raiders - Rugybythug -- Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
8 1-8 Jaguars - Arkie -- BJ Raji, NT, Boston College
9 1-9 Packers - sirhcyennek81 -- Brian Cushing, LB, USC
10 1-10 49ers - ExPatFan -- Malcolm Jenkins, DB, OSU
11 1-11 Bills - rovolution -- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
12 1-12 Broncos - JCMElway -- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
13 1-13 Redskins - randomtask -- Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
14 1-14 Saints - Worm - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
15 1-15 Texans - Hawk's boys - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
16 1-16 Chargers - brncs_fan - Rey Maualuga, LB, USC
17 1-17 Jets - Requiem and EddieMac - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Mizzou
18 1-18 Bears - Schism - Larry English, DE, N Illinois
19 1-19 Buccaneers - Northman - Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC
20 1-20 Lions (Cowboys) - Florida Bronco - Eben Britton, OT, Arizona
21 1-22 Eagles - Oskie!! - Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
22 1-23 Vikings - jebures - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
23 1-24 Patriots - Rohirrim - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
24 1-25 Falcons - Drek - On the clock
25 1-26 Dolphins - Kaylore
26 1-27 Ravens - Houshyamama
27 1-29 Colts - dekers
28 1-28 Eagles (from Panthers) - Oskie!!
29 1-30 Giants - BFDD
30 1-32 Titans - Lycan
31 1-21 Cardinals - TheReverend
32 1-31 Steelers - skpac1001

Alpha list:

Brown, Everette
Crabtree, Michael
Curry, Aaron
Cushing, Brian
Davis, Vontae
English, Larry
Jackson, Tyson
Jenkins, Malcolm
Maclin, Jeremy
Maualuga, Rey
Monroe, Eugene
Moreno, Knowshon
Nicks, Hakeem
Oher, Michael
Orakpo, Brian
Raji, BJ
Sanchez, Mark
Smith, Andre
Smith, Jason
Stafford, Matt
Wells, Chris

Last edited by JCMElway; 03-06-2009 at 12:01 PM..
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #37
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

The Oakland Raiders Take Crabtree. I will edit with more info later. Please inform the next drafter. I need to get to bed.

Thanks
11:18PM MST
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #38
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

With 8th pick, the Jacksonville Jauars select

B.J. Raji DT Boston College
6'2" 337

Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #39
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

The Packers are on the clock.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #40
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Packers select, with the 9th pick in the draft:

Brian Cushing, ILB USC.

Last edited by Archer81; 03-02-2009 at 09:11 AM..
Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #41
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Paradis by the dashboard lights

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

With the 10th pick in the 2009 NFL Common Draft, the 49ers select Malcolm Jenkins, CB/FS, Ohio State.

Overview

There isn't much NFL scouts don't like about Jenkins. Athletic, intelligent and consistent, Jenkins surprised many when he elected to return for his senior season despite a first-round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee in 2008. The three-time first-team All-Big Ten pick and two-time All-American improved his overall consistency, winning the Thorpe Award as the nation's elite defensive back as a senior. A shutdown cornerback who intercepted 11 passes over the past three years, Jenkins was effective at cutting the field in half and sometimes moved him to free safety to generate big plays. A first-round caliber prospect at safety or cornerback, Jenkins' consistent play and versatility should land him a spot in the draft's Top 10.

High School
Started for three years and helped lead his team to three consecutive state championships ... Played both wide receiver and defensive back, but won all-state honors at the latter his senior year ... Also excelled at track, winning the state title in the 400-meter dash as a junior ... Placed third in the 200-meters as a junior and third in the hurdles as a senior at the state meet.

Analysis
Positives: Lockdown corner. ... Very physical at the line, has a strong punch to knock receivers off their route. ... Attacks ballcarriers behind the line, making secure tackles. ... Also willing to assist in tackles downfield or inside. ... Effective playing off receivers as he can flip open his hips and accelerate, close quickly on the ball in front of him or change direction to mirror receivers. ... Stays with even the fastest receivers down the sideline. ... Plays free safety on occasion and has all of the tools to succeed there in the NFL. ... Excellent hands for the interception, and he has the vertical to high-point the ball and strength to fight for it. ... Can make plays with the ball in his hands.

Negatives: Creates havoc on the blitz but doesn't always finish. ... Will take chances to make a play on the ball. ... Could improve his tackling in the open field -- will occasionally drop his head instead of watching what he hits. ... Inconsistent taking on and getting off receiver blocks, and will hesitate to get to ballcarriers coming into his area. ... Must prove he has the mental discipline needed to handle getting constantly challenged as a rookie after rarely being thrown at in college.

Pick made at:
9:59 p.m. UTC +4 (Abu Dhabi)
12:59 p.m. North American Eastern Time Zone
11:59 a.m. North American Central Time Zone
10:59 a.m. Mountain Time Zone
9:59 a.m. Pacific Time Zone
8:59 a.m. Alaska Standard Time

The Buffalo Bills (and rovolution) are now on the clock.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #42
rovolution
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With the 11th overall pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

rovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #43
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

With the 12th selection the Broncos select:

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

Pick was made at 12:20 AM CST. Randomtask is on the clock.

Last edited by JCMElway; 10-19-2013 at 08:03 AM..
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #44
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.

Like a complete unknown

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton

With the 13th pick of the draft, the Washington Redskins select:

Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss.

Pick was made 12:34 CST. Worm is now on the clock.

Positives: Prototypical left tackle build. ... Has good height and excellent athleticism. ... Unlike some left tackles, he has girth in his lower body. ... Uses his long arms to lock onto the defender to nullify the pass rush. ... Gets into his pass set quickly and has very good lateral movement. ... Not fooled by dancing on the line. ... Shows the feet to pull inside, get to either shoulder as a run blocker and nullify linebackers outside on screen passes. ... Sustains and mirrors as long as possible and will play through the whistle. ... Improvement as a run blocker as a senior. Began to play with more aggression and physicality at the second level. ... An ascending talent who should only get better.

Negatives: Only has three years experience at left tackle and is still learning the game. ... A better pass blocker than power-run blocker, as he does not consistently get great push off the edge. ... Needs more consistency in using his punch, which can be devastating against rush ends. ... Can be beaten in pass protection by quicker hands. ... Loses balance when lunging in pass protection. ... A bit tentative in the open field. ... Gets a bit lazy moving his feet when the play is run away from him and could stand to gain more stamina. ... Does not always adjust to outside blitzes, but handles inside pressure just fine. ... Has a very quiet, passive demeanor that some many characterize as lacking passion.
Attached Images

Last edited by randomtask; 03-03-2009 at 10:36 AM..
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #45
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

With the 14th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select...

Knowshon Moreno - Height: 5-11 Weight: 208 40-Time: 4.45

Overview: Possessing extraordinary lateral quickness and elusiveness that has drawn comparisons to Barry Sanders, Moreno teamed with quarterback Matthew Stafford for two years to give the Bulldogs the most feared tandem of skill position players in college football. An offensive machine, Moreno rushed for 2,734 yards and 30 touchdowns in two seasons after redshirting in 2006 in addition to catching 53 passes for 704 yards and two scores.

Positives: Tight-skinned athlete with good overall musculature. Good quickness to the hole. Reads the defense and anticipates where the hole, including cutback lanes, will appear. Exceptional lateral quickness and elusiveness in tight quarters. Very rarely tackled by the first defender. Good acceleration past the initial wave of defense and into the secondary. Good spin and stiff arm, and has phenomenal leaping ability to jump over tacklers. Attacks the line of scrimmage and is a tougher interior runner than given credit for. Can drop his shoulders and has good leg drive. Runs through a lot of tackles due to his competitive drive and toughness. Keeps his legs churning and will spin away from tackles. Soft hands for the reception. Natural receiver who poses intriguing possibilities to be split out wide. Good quickness and effort as a route-runner; isn't just a threat on dump-offs in the flat or screens. Provides a pop in pass protection. Extreme competitor who can put the team on his shoulders. Wants the ball with the game on the line.

My Rationale: Given the Saints signed their #1 FA target in Vilma and look to add a safety and CB before FA is done. They decided to go with BPA even though it was on O (much to the disgruntled fans who screamed for Defense).

It surprised the Saints that 5 out of the last 6 picks were used on the D side of the ball and were actively trying to trade down and pick up an additional Day 1 pick while being able to shore up the D.

Without a willing trading partner...in the end, the two top CBs available at 14 graded out well below 14 as did the safety position. Additionally, there was concern over the ability to replace Duece's role given that Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush have proven to be brittle. Moreno will keep the O running smoothly....and the Saints will cross there fingers that they can get some hits on D in the lower rounds.

Pick made at 3:08 EST. The Texans and Hawk's Boys are on the clock.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #46
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

With the 15th pick in the 2009 OM II Draft....the Houston Texans select:

Andre Smith, OL, Univ. of Alabama

Andre Smith, 6-4/330

Offensive Tackle

Alabama

Andre Smith's Scouting Report
By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Extremely strong and has nice bulk and wide base... Dominant run blocker and is a finisher... Nasty demeanor ... Generates leverage ... Natural knee bender ... Plays hard for four quarters ... Can get to the second level ... Solid in pass protection and displays awareness ... Strong hands ... Good technician against the run.

Weaknesses: Struggles with speed more often than the consensus opinion ... Sluggish kick step and tends to cross over his feet ... Average agility ... Doesn't have the explosive athleticism of an elite left tackle ... Major weight concerns in the past ... Lacks balance in pass protection occasionally ... Does not have long arms.

Summary: Smith has the ability to play left tackle in the NFL, but I do not think he is the top-five draft pick everyone else does. I have seen inconsistencies in games and quite frankly, I was surprised at what I saw when I watched him on film. He's an amazing run-blocker, but I do not give him a top-eight grade at the moment. He will likely go in the top five, but I feel he is one of the more overrated players in the country. My current draft grade is Smith is a solid first-round pick and not the elite player most Draftniks grade him as.

Player Comparison: Flozell Adams. Adams is overrated as a pass protector, but a phenomenal run blocker.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #47
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

With the 16th pick in the 2009 draft, the Chargers select...

REY MAUALUGA, ILB, USC

Strengths:
Has excellent size and bulk...Extremely aggressive...Tough and physical...A violent, intimidating presence who can really deliver the big hit...Good instincts...Very strong...Explosive...Reads and reacts quickly...Does a nice job of taking on and shedding blockers...Will step up and fill against the run...Solid pass rusher and blitzer...Plays faster than he times and has a burst...Has shown the ability to make big plays in coverage...Productive with a knack for making game-changing plays... Offers schematic versatility...Is still improving and has upside.

Weaknesses:
Does not have elite timed speed...Inconsistent...Can be too aggressive at times...Always looking to deliver the knockout blow and will miss some tackles...Does not always take proper angles...Lacks fluid hips...May struggle to match up in coverage...Average change of direction skills...Range is somewhat limited...Will get caught out of position at times... Still immature...Ran into some trouble off the field.

Notes:
Best fit may be inside in a 3-4 scheme but could also play the middle in a 4-3...A three-year starter for the Trojans...Would have been a Top 15 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft but opted to return to school for his senior season...Was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery after allegedly punching a man during a party in 2005...Has faced team disciplinary action on more than one occasion...Was the MVP of the Rose Bowl as a junior when he recorded 3 sacks and an interception...Has star potential if he can keep his head on straight ... Impact linebacker who can take over and dominate games.

Pick was made at 5:40CST. The J-E-T-S are on the clock.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #48
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

With the 17th pick in the OMII 2009 GM Mock Draft the New York Jets select

Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

STRENGTHS

Jeremy is an offensive coordinator's dream come true. He is an excellent WR with quickness, speed and the hands to catch the ball in hurricane-like winds. He is smart and understands situational football. He can read defense and runs excellent routes. He can beat man-to-man deep and is strong enough and quick enough to handle the bump and run. He is a very smart zone receiver and is a QB's best friend during a game. Jeremy can break the big play at anytime during a game and will come up with the big catch every time you need it during a game or to win a game. Add to this his ability to impact on special teams and you have a very special football player.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

As long as Jeremy keeps working as hard as he does right now, there is nothing he will not be able to accomplish on the football field. It's all up to him and there is no doubt in my mind that he will.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 1

There are a lot of good WR's in the draft and you have to rate Jeremy as one of the best or maybe the best. He is ready for the big time and his LTI (length to impact) is quicker or just as good as Crabtree's. If a team decides to pick him ahead of Crabtree, I would not be surprised. He is that good. If the Indianapolis Colts drafted this kid, he would make the fans forget Marvin Harrison. That's how good this kid can be. He is a different style WR than Crabtree, so he might fit a team better than Crabtree, which would be the difference. However, both players should be outstanding WR's for the teams that draft them. If I had to choose between them, I would pick the player who better fits the offense I run. Is it a run after the catch offense or more vertical or spread? That is the only way I could choose between them, but once I made the choice, I would never look back because both players are going to be impact franchise WR's for the teams that draft them. I call him Jeremy (Son of a B@#$%) Maclin because every time Jeremy makes a play the opposing coach will be saying "Son of a B@#$%!" as Jeremy scores.

Pick was made at 2-55am MST, Schism and the Bears are OTC
Attached Images

Last edited by eddie mac; 03-04-2009 at 01:59 AM..
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #49
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sorry for delay, my computer is in a world of hurt at the moment.

Viruses are gay.

Bears select Larry English, DE.

Will edit and update this post when and if I can.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #50
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

With the 19th Overall pick the Tampa Bay Bucs select:

Hakeem Nicks

School: North Carolina
Position: WR
Height: 6'2
Weight: 210

Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin and Darrius Heyward-Bey are the obvious first four wide receivers that will be eligible for the 2009 NFL Draft. After that it gets a little fuzzy and Hakeem Nicks will be right in the mix as a second or third round selection. Nicks has opted to take advantage of the lack of solid receivers after the big four and declared himself for the NFL Draft after his junior season.

The 6-2 wideout has had three productive years with the Tar Heels. As a freshman in 2006 he caught 39 passes for 660 yards, both records for a North Carolina freshman. As a sophomore he caught 74 passes for 958 yards and five touchdowns. His 958 yards ranked third all-time in UNC history. He shattered the record in 2008, tallying 1,222 receiving yards. He also set a record with 12 touchdown receptions. Even with playing just three years, Nicks has been the most prolific receiver in Tar Heel history.

Nicks is not a pure speed receiver, but he has certainly been productive. At 6-2 and 210 pounds, he has decent size and could develop into a solid complimentary receiver on just about any team in the NFL. It will take a big effort to move up into the first round, but Nicks' performance at the combine should be the difference between a second and third round selection.

2/11 Update: Nicks may even be able to sneak into the first round if teams start going after wide receivers early. Nicks is looking more and more like the fifth best receiver in the draft. The difference will be how well he does in the combine. There are some speed concerns with Nicks and if he quells those concerns, he will be a first or second round selection.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: