The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Relationship advice on Vday

I am just wondering the OMANE's opinion is. I have never gotten a good answer from friends or any girls.

What is better if you really like a girl and dont want to mess it up?

1) Become friends or good friends first, then go for the girl? Move slow and not rush things to mess it up

2) Skip friends and go for it, you dont wanna get trapped into that I love you like a brother mode.

Post opinions.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
BizzyBone7
*#27*
 
BizzyBone7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default

I'm actually going through this now too, and i don't think theres an actual answer. Ive been through both and i found number 2 actually works better sometimes. But sometimes its better to be friends first, especially if the girl is a bit apprehensive.
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,929
Default

Bang her right and leave her coming back for more.

The super nice guy/friend routine only goes so far....eventually it comes down to giving it to them right.

Chicks like sex every bit as much as dudes.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,929
Default

I guess what I am saying is to forget option 1.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Broncochica
Ring of Famer
 
Broncochica's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cali.
Posts: 2,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Either one depending on the individual you are dating!
Broncochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncochica View Post
Either one depending on the indiviual you are dating!
Yep.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
BizzyBone7
*#27*
 
BizzyBone7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncochica View Post
Either one depending on the indiviual you are dating!
What is your preferred method, may i ask?
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

2) why waste your time

I tryed 1) untile I got tired of wasting my time ! Don't wast your time yes or no.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Bang her right and leave her coming back for more.

The super nice guy/friend routine only goes so far....eventually it comes down to giving it to them right.

Chicks like sex every bit as much as dudes.

I was hoping people were leaning towards this, hahaha,

I have tried both ways, and failed both. Just wonderin on this next girl what should I do
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

1 and 2 have both worked out for me.

I will say this...if you go option #1, you may run into the situation where the girl might like you as more than friends, but becomes afraid to tell you.
For example, I asked a girl out once in college. She basically declined but we became friends after I got over my ego. I still always liked her more than friends, but I had been shot down and didn't want it to happen again. Apparently after becoming friends she really liked me (in a let's bang sort of way) but was afraid of being turned down. It sucked finding this out years later.

Anyway, if you do with option #1, make your intentions known. Even in a subtle way by flirting or whatever.

Ok, now I sound ghey and I'm annoying myself. Good luck with the situation.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Besides how many time you meet a girl and never ask here and never see her again .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #12
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
Besides how many time you meet a girl and never ask here and never see her again .
Of course, but I think we're under the assumption that PC knows this girl for a bit now. Not just met her in a bar last night.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
BizzyBone7
*#27*
 
BizzyBone7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBronco View Post
Anyway, if you do with option #1, make your intentions known. Even in a subtle way by flirting or whatever.

Ok, now I sound ghey and I'm annoying myself. Good luck with the situation.
I agree. Thats key, like I sent a girl i was interested in flowers for V-Day, but at the same time I'm keeping a little bit of a distance. If that makes sense.
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #14
Broncochica
Ring of Famer
 
Broncochica's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cali.
Posts: 2,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7 View Post
What is your preferred method, may i ask?
I'll plead the fifth on this one!
Broncochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBronco View Post
1 and 2 have both worked out for me.

I will say this...if you go option #1, you may run into the situation where the girl might like you as more than friends, but becomes afraid to tell you.
For example, I asked a girl out once in college. She basically declined but we became friends after I got over my ego. I still always liked her more than friends, but I had been shot down and didn't want it to happen again. Apparently after becoming friends she really liked me (in a let's bang sort of way) but was afraid of being turned down. It sucked finding this out years later.

Anyway, if you do with option #1, make your intentions known. Even in a subtle way by flirting or whatever.

Ok, now I sound ghey and I'm annoying myself. Good luck with the situation.

I read you, I want to get straight to it with option 2, but this girl is a independent party girl, and i think bombing her with i like you stuff will freak her out.

I think I will continue with the party friend / flirty mode unless she shows some obvious signs of wanting serious dating.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #16
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

I would never try to become friends with a girl I wanted to date. It's just bad policy.

If you want to date someone, you need to ask them out and make it very clear that it's a date.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBronco View Post
Of course, but I think we're under the assumption that PC knows this girl for a bit now. Not just met her in a bar last night.


Thats correct, partied a bunch, but last weekend had conversations sober at a bar shooting pool.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

plus there is a second girl too, that throws a curveball into it.

She is my second draft pick, but only because she plays games. She had the chance to be the number 1 overall pick, but screwed it up. Anyways. I am leaving right now to hang out with the 2nd draft pick as just friends. Tonight will be the number 1 draft pick. I am getting her flowers for her and all her single friends. That way I dont freak her out.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #19
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
I am just wondering the OMANE's opinion is. I have never gotten a good answer from friends or any girls.

What is better if you really like a girl and dont want to mess it up?

1) Become friends or good friends first, then go for the girl? Move slow and not rush things to mess it up

2) Skip friends and go for it, you dont wanna get trapped into that I love you like a brother mode.

Post opinions.
I say #2. G for it.

If you dont, then you get to be buddies and watch someone else treat them like crap, and be the person they come to fopr advice.

If you beocme friends 1st, then become lovers. More often than not you wont be friendes afterwards if it dont work out. So the whole friend thing is over rated if your intentions are to date them.

Listen if what you want is to date, then stick it out there.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Thanks all for Advice. I know I can count on Broncos fans to lead me in the right direction.

Im out.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #21
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
plus there is a second girl too, that throws a curveball into it.

She is my second draft pick, but only because she plays games. She had the chance to be the number 1 overall pick, but screwed it up. Anyways. I am leaving right now to hang out with the 2nd draft pick as just friends. Tonight will be the number 1 draft pick. I am getting her flowers for her and all her single friends. That way I dont freak her out.
If you buy her and all her frieds flowers.....you'll freak her out. You said in one sentence draft pick #2 plays too many games. Then go on to describe the "game" you'll be playing buying all those flowers.

Just sack up and go for it.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Go for number 2 and number one should happen naturally from there.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #23
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Note: AVOID THE FRIEND ZONE AT ALL COSTS
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,014
Default

Granted I've been out of the dating scene for about 15 years, but i sure don't remember things being all that complicated.

I'm think a lot of people around here such at relationships...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #25
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
If you buy her and all her frieds flowers.....you'll freak her out. You said in one sentence draft pick #2 plays too many games. Then go on to describe the "game" you'll be playing buying all those flowers.

Just sack up and go for it.
Yeah, what kind of strange move is that, buying all her friends flowers when they will probably have their lips wrapped firmly around someone else's member at the end of the night anyways.

I'd never put any more effort into her friends than the absolute minimum needed to gain their approval.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Denver Broncos