The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default Ten Most Ticketed Cars...

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...r-a-cop-magnet

10 Most Ticketed Cars
1. Hummer H2

People who love the Hummer H2 probably love its bold, imposing looks. Apparently, cops love the H2 because it helps them meet their ticket quotas. Here's a tip: If you have an H2, maybe you shouldn't drive it near then end of the month when traffic cops are scrambling to make their numbers.

2. Scion tC

Seeing the tC on the most-ticketed list makes sense, given its popularity with young people. Its sporty performance, which comes at a price that makes affording tickets easy, probably helps tempt some drivers as well.

3. Scion xB

Like the Scion tC, the xB is aimed at younger drivers. Still, when you look at the xB's less-than-stellar performance, it's safe to assume that all the tickets xB drivers are getting aren't moving violations.

4. Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG

If you're lucky enough to have a Mercedes AMG -- any AMG -- then a few tickets are worth unleashing this luxurious beast. Besides, if you've got a Mercedes, you can probably afford a few traffic citations.

5. Toyota Solara Coupe

Now, here's a surprise. The fifth most ticketed car is the Toyota Solara Coupe. Essentially a two-door Camry, the Solara isn't known for road-thrashing performance. Maybe Solara drivers just get a lot of parking tickets.

6. Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG

The CLS63 AMG is another luxury performance car, so it's no shocker to see its drivers among the most ticketed. The question is: With all that power, why aren't more CLS63 AMG drivers outrunning the cops?

7. Scion xA

With the xA taking the seventh spot on the ten most ticketed cars list, Scion completes the traffic-ticket hat trick. Toyota's upstart little brand has only come out with four models over its entire lifespan -- and three of them will likely get you a date in traffic court.

8. Subaru Outback

Subarus have a reputation of being yuppie grocery getters, but the Outback manages to prove that stereotype wrong by being one of the top ten most ticketed cars. Apparently, the Outback is the car of choice for people who need to get to Whole Foods in a hurry, and maybe park illegally once they're there.

9. Audi A4

Audi often finds itself in the shadows of Mercedes and BMW, but not when it comes to getting tickets. The Audi A4 is the ninth most ticketed car in America.

10. Toyota Matrix

The Toyota Matrix is often credited for bringing SUV styling to small cars. Now it can also be credited to bringing insurance rate increases to thousands of its owners.

10 Least Ticketed Cars
1. Jaguar XJ

The Jaguar XJ gives drivers a smooth ride and an opulent interior. As the least- ticketed car in America, it also seems to provide the ability to fly under radar guns. There's a feature they won't tell you about at the dealership.

2. Chevrolet Suburban

Suburban drivers tend to need their large SUVs for hauling people or towing trailers, not breaking land speed records. So it's not surprising to see it on the list of least-ticketed cars.

3. Chevrolet Tahoe

The Tahoe shares some architecture with the Hummer H2, the most-ticketed car in America. Despite the two having similar sizes, the Tahoe manages not to attract as much police attention.

4. Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500

It's no shocker to find Chevrolet's heavy-duty trucks among the least-ticketed vehicles. These trucks are usually bought for their towing ability, not for impromptu drag races.

5. Buick Park Avenue

While Buick has recently begun to increase the oomph in their cars, the now- discontinued Park Avenue helped solidify the brand's image as cars for the senior set. No wonder Park Avenue drivers tend not to get very many tickets.

6. Mazda6

The largest car in Mazda's line up, the Mazda6 has plenty of the brand's zoom-zoom, yet still manages to be among the least-ticketed cars. If you love driving sporty sedans but can't take seeing any more red and blue lights in your rearview mirror, the Mazda6 may be just the car for you.

7. Buick Rainier

The now-discontinued Buick Rainier is a largely forgettable attempt at a near- luxury SUV. Maybe that forgettable nature keeps cops from noticing when one commits a traffic offense.

8. Oldsmobile Silhouette

Finding a minivan from Oldsmobile on the list of least-ticketed cars isn't surprising. What's surprising is that anyone is still driving a Silhouette.

9. Buick Lucerne

The Buick Lucerne offers a near-luxury experience at an affordable large car price. Being one of the least-ticketed cars means that the Lucerne's affordability continues after it's bought, thanks to fewer fines and lower insurance rates.

10. GMC Sierra 1500

The GMC Sierra is an attractive truck for work or play. With its ability to haul or tow heavy loads, this truck will do anything you ask it to, including avoiding traffic citations.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

you buy the car that best fits your personality ..........I got a Suburban, 3 car seats for the babies , 3 older kids , me and the wife , and still have room ..... we have also used that suburban to pull an loaded 18 wheeler , not fast but pulled that sucker from Mile Marker 227 , to exit 186 .......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

The surprises among the most ticketed cars are the Toyotas, they tend to be driven exclusively by school teachers, and since they work so little they are never in a hurry.

The only surprise in the least ticketed cars is the Jag, even though it is the rarest of the models, there are a few supercharged V8 versions out there and they go like stink. The rest are largely ford based engines that you would find a Taurus and while they are not fast or quick, they are not without power.

The least surprising fact is that 9 of the 10 least ticketed cars are also among the slowest. The Suburban and Tahoe are so slow that you need to shave if you have more than 30 miles to work. Buicks and Oldsmobiles are driven exclusively by old people who are notorious for going 10 miles less than the speed limit.

The Mazda 6 while being a good car is considered so boring that nobody who have anywhere to go would drive it.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Not surprising on the Buicks, I don't know anyone under 50 who drives one.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The surprises among the most ticketed cars are the Toyotas, they tend to be driven exclusively by school teachers, and since they work so little they are never in a hurry.
What!?
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
The only surprise in the least ticketed cars is the Jag, even though it is the rarest of the models, there are a few supercharged V8 versions out there and they go like stink. The rest are largely ford based engines that you would find a Taurus and while they are not fast or quick, they are not without power.
Pretty tough to get a lot of tickets if the car is always in the shop.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I drive an outback, Ive gotten pulled over 5 times.

0 Tickets.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Pretty tough to get a lot of tickets if the car is always in the shop.
That and the shop bill knocks out your allotted gas money for the next 3 years.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

even better stat: most of the top 10 ticketed are imports. not the same for least ticketed
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

How do you get ticketed in an H2 anyway? it weighs more than the moon - must be people going downhill.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
How do you get ticketed in an H2 anyway? it weighs more than the moon - must be people going downhill.
Actually Hummer drivers love to tail gate , and cut lane changes short ....... we call it bumper pushing ....... if it wouldnt put other motorist in Danger , see a hummer doing that , and I will give the Son of a b**** a taste of his own medicine ........One of these days I would like ot catch one as traffic thins out , then do bumper pushing to him down the interstate . problem is People dont take H2 very far ........
Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I drive an outback, Ive gotten pulled over 5 times.

0 Tickets.
Do you have implants?
Old 02-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Actually Hummer drivers love to tail gate , and cut lane changes short ....... we call it bumper pushing ....... if it wouldnt put other motorist in Danger , see a hummer doing that , and I will give the Son of a b**** a taste of his own medicine ........One of these days I would like ot catch one as traffic thins out , then do bumper pushing to him down the interstate . problem is People dont take H2 very far ........
I could see you going DUEL on someone. Just remember not to let they guy lure you off a cliff!!!!!!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I could see you going DUEL on someone. Just remember not to let they guy lure you off a cliff!!!!!!
now I wouldnt take it that far , just enough to show the person what it feels like ot be intimidated
Old 02-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #15
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Not surprising on the Buicks, I don't know anyone under 50 who drives one.
Yeah, those are granmas cars. I used to tease my ex-girlfriend for driving one
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
you're really knocking school teachers?

and just to add to your ignorance...i'm sure you're aware that toyotas are one of the most popular cars in the country, and i would wager teachers make up less than 1% of ownership. The sarcastic stereotypes crashed and burned.

Quote:
The Mazda 6 while being a good car is considered so boring that nobody who have anywhere to go would drive it.
Once again...what?!
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #17
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post

Once again...what?!
He said ....................The Mazda 6 while being a good car is considered so boring that nobody who have anywhere to go would drive it
Old 02-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Just for owning a Hummer you should get tickets.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #19
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I'm kinda surprised by the Scions....I checked them out and liked them, but went with a Yaris instead for max MPG this side of a hybred.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #20
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
I'm kinda surprised by the Scions....I checked them out and liked them, but went with a Yaris instead for max MPG this side of a hybred.
No offense, but I can't see a grown man driving that car. Although I want a new civic coupe, so I can't really talk
Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #21
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
No offense, but I can't see a grown man driving that car. Although I want a new civic coupe, so I can't really talk
I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive anything that gets 35 MPG or more...especially when I do an 80 mile roundtrip to work four times a week. It's all about $$$ and how far I can get on a full tank of gas.

Besides, I'm gonna find one of them Stuntman Mike skull and lightning bolts decals to put on the front of it, that'd be hilarious
Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive anything that gets 35 MPG or more...especially when I do an 80 mile roundtrip to work four times a week. It's all about $$$ and how far I can get on a full tank of gas.

Besides, I'm gonna find one of them Stuntman Mike skull and lightning bolts decals to put on the front of it, that'd be hilarious
Don't forget flames and a skull shift knob
Old 02-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #23
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Don't forget flames and a skull shift knob
Not into the flames...but that skull shift knob is definitely an idea
Old 02-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #24
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
He said ....................The Mazda 6 while being a good car is considered so boring that nobody who have anywhere to go would drive it
haha good stuff. still doesn't make sense though
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #25
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
haha good stuff. still doesn't make sense though
..........My ride is 70 foot long , weighs in at 36,340 pounds , 12 foot tall and get 5.5 MPG .......