The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
cutlerfan
Seasoned Veteran

Laser coming at you

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler
Default Jay Cutler's Blog about the Pro Bowl

Jay Cutler's Pro Bowl Journal: Day 1

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=8823

Editor's Note: Throughout this week, Jay Cutler will share his experiences at his first Pro Bowl.

MONDAY, FEB. 2 - DAY 1

KO OLINA, HAWAII - Even though our first AFC team meeting for the Pro Bowl wasn't until Monday night, I arrived in Hawaii on Saturday night to get better adjusted to the time change and get settled in a bit before hitting the field again.

The Ravens' staff will be coaching the AFC team, so I'll be working a lot with Cam Cameron and John Harbaugh. I'm looking forward to the experience and being around guys like Peyton Manning, seeing how he is in the meeting room and on the field, and I'm going to try to soak up everything I can from him. A lot of the players have jokingly called him "The Mayor" around here - I guess that's what happens when you make the Pro Bowl nine times in a row.

Our schedule for the week is pretty light - We have a team meeting each morning and then we bus to Kapolei High School for practice. Tuesday's team meeting is at 8 a.m. and then our first practice starts at 9 a.m. After practices, I'll try to check out the beaches and other sites, get some golf in, and just enjoy being here. Saturday morning, we have a walk-through at Aloha Stadium, which is where the game will be played. Come Sunday, Casey, B-Marshand myself will be ready to go. All three of us are making our first Pro Bowl appearance, so we'll be extra hungry to prove we belong out here. I'm especially happy for Casey finally getting invited to the game after so many years as a first alternate. He deserves it and is playing some of the best football of his career.

It has to be hard for players on the Steelers and Cardinals who flew here on Monday right after playing in the Super Bowl, but any of us would trade places with them in a second. What a game. I watched the Super Bowl from the hotel with Casey (Ihilani Resort in Ko Olina) and up until the final minute it looked my prediction of a Cardinals upset victory was right on. But Big Ben was unbelievable on that last drive. I'm happy for those guys but can't wait for our turn on the big stage.

I got a first-hand look at what a circus Super Bowl week is when I was down in Tampa on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday getting the word out about the "Inspired by Diabetes" campaign I am a part of through Eli Lilly. You can check it out at InspiredbyDiabetes.com - Basically, it is an essay/art contest that provides summer camp scholarships for diabetic kids. Juvenile diabetes is a cause I've been pretty involved in through my foundation since I was diagnosed last year, and I am excited to be a part of this program.

After Wednesday's practice, I am going to spend time with 15 kids with Type I diabetes from the Hawaiian Juvenile Diabetes Group. Their ages range from 5-14. It should be fun. We've got them guest passes to watch our practice, and I'll spend time with them afterwards. Hearing about their struggles is something I can obviously relate to because we're fighting the same battle.

Just getting the taste of how big the Super Bowl is from my time down in Tampa last week is going to help me be prepared for that week when we make it there. Brandon also was down there doing some interviews, so it was a positive for us to be able to see how many distractions there are around the game. You've got to be ready to handle it, and I know it's going to help us when it's our time.

I did a lot of interviews in Tampa and talked quite a bit about the Broncos. It's an exciting time for us. After talking with Coach McDaniels a few days after he was hired, I was fired up and saw why Mr. Bowlen and the front office were so high on him as a coach. I was impressed from the start and texted a few of the guys right after I got off the phone with him. He is a football guy, cares about the game and is high-energy. Players will relate to him and play for him. We'll use a little bit of a different terminology on offense and they'll be pressure on me to make plays, but I like that. He stressed the importance of the coach-quarterback relationship, so I'm definitely looking forward to spending time with him in Denver when I get back from the Pro Bowl.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Conklin
Ring of Famer

nice read
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

good entry, Jay. keep up the good work.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
TheDave
Sauced...

No way... according to Terry Frie he doesn't dress the part. The should of cancelled his PB spot.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

What a joke. This guy sounds just like Jeff George. And the hippie I play handball with doesn't like him either!

In all seriousness, I have no problem with him looking toward Peyton Manning as a role model.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Nice entry there, Jay.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Awesome!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I was fired up and saw why Mr. Bowlen and the front office were so high on him as a coach. I was impressed from the start and texted a few of the guys right after I got off the phone with him. He is a football guy, cares about the game and is high-energy. Players will relate to him and play for him.

Jay sounds a little uninformed about the situation....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=gutless+drunk
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

but...but...rock chalk doesnt think he should have the maturity to make changes at the line and make decisions.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Look at Jay, headed down the Jeff George road. When the hell is he going to grow up and get "it"?

Meeting with kids who have Type I diabetes. When are you ever going to learn Jay? This is the NFL! You should be out buying tailored suits and sunglasses. And get a hair cut!

Jay just doesn't get "it".
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

"B-Marshand"?

What's up with that?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerfan View Post
I arrived in Hawaii on Saturday night to get better adjusted to the time change ...
Maybe it's just me, but travelling west through time zones, I feel great. It's travelling east that kicks my ass.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
"B-Marshand"?

What's up with that?
*fights off urge to go find every typo you have ever had on this site*
Old 02-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
*fights off urge to go find every typo you have ever had on this site*
Is that all, just a typo? That's cool, I thought it was some twist on "B-Marsh." And I'm the last guy you have to defend Jay to.

(And btw, you don't have enough lifetimes to find all my typos).
Old 02-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #15
CEH
Ring of Famer

Cutler should stop being a role model for children living everyday with Type I diabetes and take his career advice from ppl working in the newpaper business. Talk about the Jeff George of content. Thats the newspaper business or maybe he can write two books that only his friends and family are interested in
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #16
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

cut the bastard.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #17
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Good read. Juvenile Diabetes is a bit different than the adult form. The kids have a bit more social and emotional pressures in addition to the disease. But then, having a guy like JC talking about the disease and the pain in the butt it is to work to control it, just makes a kid sparkle with appreciation. Good role model for them.

Jay is not a punk. He writes well. Klis can just kiss Spider's ass.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
What a joke. This guy sounds just like Jeff George. And the hippie I play handball with doesn't like him either!

In all seriousness, I have no problem with him looking toward Peyton Manning as a role model.

i agree, especially since i believe Jay will be taking the mantle of best QB in the NFL from Peyton in the next couple seasons.

this season he became a good starting franchise QB in the NFL
next season he becomes a top 5 QB and is mentioned as elite
in the year or 2 after, he becomes known as the best in the league.

that's how i see his career going.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i agree, especially since i believe Jay will be taking the mantle of best QB in the NFL from Peyton in the next couple seasons.

this season he became a good starting franchise QB in the NFL
next season he becomes a top 5 QB and is mentioned as elite
in the year or 2 after, he becomes known as the best in the league.

that's how i see his career going.
elite QBs rarely make mistakes. mobile QBs who can make a play happen are rarely elite (elway made quite a few mistakes in his time, but could always get his team out of it just as easy). brett favre i dont classify as elite because he threw so many duck and throw balls in his career, elite QBs dont do that. hes tough as nails, but there was always a QB or two id rather have over him in the league
Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

ya this completely puts frei's article to shiit. Cutler is the man, maybe not a conventional peyton manning or dan marino personality but he's the man and I have full faith he can handle the role. He's gonna be absolutely unreal after a couple years in the new offense.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #21
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
No way... according to Terry Frie he doesn't dress the part. The should of cancelled his PB spot.

as for his style, I think it is just a generation gap between Jay and his critics. I'm 20 and see nothing wrong with his wardrobe. Very similar to what a lot of folks our age are wearing
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #22
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Great read. Does anybody really believe he wrote it though? Sure it's not somebody from his foundation or the Broncos Organization? Certainly what you want to hear from him...that's for sure.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #23
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Great read. Does anybody really believe he wrote it though? Sure it's not somebody from his foundation or the Broncos Organization? Certainly what you want to hear from him...that's for sure.
Oh noes! Jay blog-synchs!!!

Cut him!
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #24
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the guys who write for the Team site (Dumervil, Torain and Nate Jackson especially) do it all themselves. They might have someone fix it up, but it's their words.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #25
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

someone get the queer guys for the straight guy people over here asap.
THIS IS THE NFL NOW GO OUT AND BLOW YA WAD ON SOME SUITS AND STUFF forget those brats let em suffer and for the love of god get a hair cut. we want a pretty boy qb like jake plummer now did that guy know how to dress or what and his behavior off the field now that was fantastic. we need to make jake plummer the qb coach and Terry Frei fashion consultant bowlen you bastard you go hire those two right now give them whatever money they want
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote