The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Bob Hayes and the Hall of Fraud?

Somewhere between Milli Vanilli, Rosie Ruiz, Criss Angel and Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were," something smells fraudy.

Or, as the old Florida A&M college buddy and former business manager of newly minted Pro Football Hall of Fame member Bob Hayes says of Lucille Hester:

"She's a fake. A total perpetrator. She's hoodwinked the Dallas Cowboys, the NFL, the Hall of Fame and the national media. But she isn't a member of the Hayes family. And she's about to be exposed."

Before the accolades, tributes and "better late than never"s finished trickling in, Ted McIntosh is lampooning Hayes' Saturday induction to the Hall of Fame. Not on the player's merit, of course. But on the prominent role played by Hayes' "sister", Hester.

Presenting herself as Hayes' older sibling, Lucille served as the deceased receiver's spokesperson over the weekend in Tampa, even producing and reading a letter she claimed Hayes wrote in her presence in 1999. McIntosh, however, says Hester's assertions - right down to the letter - are counterfeit.

McIntosh first aired his startling revelation Sunday on 105.3 The Fan with Ben & Skin. He reiterated his stance to me last night.

"She isn't," McIntosh said, "related to Bob Hayes. She's an impostor."

This news, of course, comes as a shock to the NFL, the Hall of Fame, the Cowboys and Dallas Morning News columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor.

But dig just a little below the surface and McIntosh's claims seem to have merit.

And you thought Martellus Bennett's videos and Ken Hamlin's birthday party guests were troubling?

Hayes was one of the NFL's most transcendent players, his blazing speed leading to an Olympic gold medal, a Super Bowl ring and a drastic change in the way secondaries tried to cover him. After a 34-year wait his enshrinement into the Hall of Fame made for a feel-good story. But the new revelations will likely become an ugly national story.

McIntosh acknowledges that Hester grew up "a block and a half" from the Hayes' house in Jacksonville, Fla. That, however, is where he says the lies begin.

According to McIntosh, Hester only became "close" to Hayes on his death bed and later drew up a falsified will after his death in 2002, presenting paperwork that supposedly had Hayes leaving her his Super Bowl ring and Olympic gold medal.

"The good news is that Bob's next of kin, Bob Hayes, Jr., has possession of those priceless items," McIntosh said. "But that didn't stop her from trying to steal and exploit his name for personal gain."

Hester was in Tampa this week - site of yesterday's dramatic Super Bowl XLIII - trumpeting Hayes' Hall of Fame candidacy, then rejoicing and reading upon his coronation. McIntosh, who lives in Dallas, said the Hayes family was shocked and moved to action by her latest attempt to hijack Bob's legacy.

"When this is all said and done the family will press criminal charges," he said. "She's stolen from them, including that magic moment on Saturday."

Look, I'm no CSI: Handwriting expert, but it's clear that the signatures on authentic Hayes memorabilia here and here the supposed letter owned by Hester aren't from the same person. Right? Furthermore, Hester claimed Hayes penned the letter in Washington, D.C.

Says McIntosh, "The only time Bob Hayes went to D.C. was to play against the Redskins."

McIntosh, on behalf of the family, has generated emails, faxes and phone calls to the Cowboys, the NFL, Hall of Fame and national media outlets. Though not for publication, I was allowed to peruse letters from McIntosh - on behalf of the Hayes family - addressed to Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones, the Hall of Fame and the NFL Players' Association.

He said he received a call late Sunday from Hall of Fame vice president Joe Horrigan offering an invite for Bob Hayes, Jr. to attend the upcoming Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

But what we want is the family be acknowledged, not this impostor," said McIntosh, who serves as Bob Hayes Jr.'s Godfather. "We want to be represented at the induction ceremonies in Canton in August. We're not going to let up on her. She's gotten away with too much for too long already."

As for Taylor's recent columns praising Hester, McIntosh said he tried to warn the writer months ago.

"I called him and told him that this was not Bob Hayes' sister," he said. "I told him he should do some investigating of her background before he printed anything else. But he was like 'Oh yeah, sure' and blew me off. I tried to warn him."

In an email from the Super Bowl last night, Taylor vehemently denied ever talking with McIntosh.

To be continued ...

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/spor...f_fame_fra.php
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

huh?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Wow.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

totally weird....

can anyone draw up a flow chart of what's happening here...
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

That is ****ing hilarious.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Wow.
+1
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
totally weird....

can anyone draw up a flow chart of what's happening here...
Let me break it down.

Bob Hayes was an Olympic sprinter and Cowboys receiver.

In 2002 he died of cancer.

This year he is inducted to the HOF.

A woman named Lucille Hester appears and claims she's Hayes' sister. She says she was at his deathbed and has documentation that asserts his last wishes were for her to receive his Olypic medal, his Super Bowl ring and that she represent him at HOF induction.

The league never double-checks her facts and she becomes the girl. They film her as he is announced as the inductee and she reads a letter he "gave" her in DC.

Hayes' old friend Ted McIntosh goes on a radio show and informs everyone that she...
  1. Isn't his sister.
  2. Isn't even related to him.
  3. Was never in DC, where the "letter" he supposedly gave her was written.
  4. Forged the will she tried to use to falsely receive all his precious artifacts.

She's a fraud and the league didn't catch it. Now that she's exposed things are going to get ugly for her.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

The letter this fraud is in possession of has Bullet Bob thanking Roger Stauback, not Staubach.

Also, why would Bob thank Roger Staubach when Hayes caught 35 TD's from Don Meredith, 21 from Craig Morton and only 11 from Stauback, er Staubach.

She's a fraud.
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
B-Love
Ring of Famer

Bob Hayes career TD by TD, check for yourself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...gi?id=HayeBo00
Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
B-Love
Ring of Famer

"Yo b**** tell em to thank Roger Stauback..............."

"Now do it cauze my dead ass says so"

LMAO!!
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Just won more reason to honor these guys when they are alive.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

On his death bed he typed a letter. Interesting.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #13
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

"...and just thank everyone in the whole world."

A woman wrote that. That doesn't sound like something a man, especially a football player, would say on his death bed.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Where was the Hayes family this past weekend? They seemed to know this woman was up to no good and that their father had a chance of being inducted. Why weren't they there or at least a bona fide representative like McIntosh? And now who will do the induction speech and who will decide who will do the induction speech? The only bright spot in this whole thing is the egg on the face of the HOF.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
"...and just thank everyone in the whole world."

A woman wrote that. That doesn't sound like something a man, especially a football player, would say on his death bed.
The whole letter reads that way. A guy like that isn't going to write "say thanks to southwest corner of Tallahassee" he is going to point out specific people. People like teammates, coaches, parents, and role models.

"Thank everyone in the Continental U.S. (I'm not sure if they watch football in Guam??)"
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote