The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default 2009 Broncos to miss playoffs ???

Man, looking at this schedule, I can already tell you I am not jumping on any bandwagon threads this spring about some 12-4 or 11-5 record. Considering we have new coaches and schemes, and the worst defense in the league. I think 9-7 would be considered a very nice accomplishment.

Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, N.Y. Giants
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Washington

The Broncos are gonna need to sweep KC and Oaktown next year and split with SD to even have a shot at making the playoffs.

I sure would like to see a 10-6 record if we can get it but it looks like it could come down to the games with SD again to see who might go from the AFC West. I believe all AFC West teams play most of these same teams so the positive thing I see is that the AFC West will be crappy again next year. That at least gives the Broncos a shot to make the playoffs based on winning our division.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,555
Default

Yep. AFC West's schedule next year looks brutal. Of course, a million things can happen until next season but if I was forced to make a prediction I'd think 9-7 wins the division at best.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I think we are going for four.

Really though, with a few suave moves in FA and the draft, we could be much better on defense. Can't get any worse.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

eah new coach , new system ........ 7-9
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

As it stands today, 8-8 would be one hell of a coaching job.

Gonna be an interesting offseason.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,658
Default

We'll see what happens.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
eah new coach , new system ........ 7-9
anything worse then last year is a failure.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

wait n see what we do, what the rest of our opponents do in the offseason before we start jumping off cliffs and declare 9-7 a miracle.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
anything worse then last year is a failure.
Yeah. But atleast this will give Shanny haters an excuse. If McDaniels leads the Broncos to the playoffs, they were right. If we go 6-10, its the changing of regime and we need time. Of course those Dolphins, Ravens and Falcons all changed coaches and that worked out okay for them.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

we better not have dumped Mike Shanahan to go 8-8.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 20,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Yeah. But atleast this will give Shanny haters an excuse. If McDaniels leads the Broncos to the playoffs, they were right. If we go 6-10, its the changing of regime and we need time. Of course those Dolphins, Ravens and Falcons all changed coaches and that worked out okay for them.
The Dolphins, Ravens and Falcons are abberations. Generally, when a new coaching staff comes in, things take a season or two's time to jell. We'll see I guess.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,111

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

You can't tell, you just can't tell.

Actually, new coaches are faring as well or better than entrenched ones lately. Dolphins, Falcons, Mangini initially, both Tomlin and Whisenhunt. It would be silly to assume we're at a diasadvantage because of the new staff ... and the schedule has a way of seeming lots more or less difficult when the season actually starts.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
bombquixote
Ring of Famer
 
bombquixote's Avatar
 
11-5 in 2009

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Perineum
Posts: 1,119
Default

I will **** in my own hat if we do not make the playoffs.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
The Dolphins, Ravens and Falcons are abberations. Generally, when a new coaching staff comes in, things take a season or two's time to jell. We'll see I guess.
Yes it typically does, but do you honestly think that Denver fans are going to be patient after firing a hall of fame coach and seeing the success that these coaches had. Also, I'd argue that these teams all play in tougher divisions. Making their feat even more impressive.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
You can't tell, you just can't tell.

Actually, new coaches are faring as well or better than entrenched ones lately. Dolphins, Falcons, Mangini initially, both Tomlin and Whisenhunt. It would be silly to assume we're at a diasadvantage because of the new staff ... and the schedule has a way of seeming lots more or less difficult when the season actually starts.
This is true. Who thought that we would be playing for the division in the final week. Nobody, not because we didn't have faith in the Broncos, but assumed the Charges would most likely win 12 games or more. You just never know.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Yeah. But atleast this will give Shanny haters an excuse. If McDaniels leads the Broncos to the playoffs, they were right. If we go 6-10, its the changing of regime and we need time. Of course those Dolphins, Ravens and Falcons all changed coaches and that worked out okay for them.
I'm just saying if this team sucked sooooo much like everyone thought and we still won 8 games then I see no reason for us to lose more games if we get better people. Our DC was the worst DC ever. Replacing him should give us three more wins right there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,702

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
As it stands today, 8-8 would be one hell of a coaching job.

Gonna be an interesting offseason.
Yep, but Pat Bowlen expects SB every year so I am now.

Dump a HOF coach for a young guy with no experience we better make it deep in playoffs or I am calling for heads to roll.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #18
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,582

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yep, but Pat Bowlen expects SB every year so I am now.

Dump a HOF coach for a young guy with no experience we better make it deep in playoffs or I am calling for heads to roll.
Oh shut up. Look at the schedule and look at the D Shanny built. Be realistic.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Missing the playoffs is fast becoming a Broncos tradition.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #20
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombquixote View Post
I will **** in my own hat if we do not make the playoffs.
invite Bob over for a home cooked meal
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,702

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Missing the playoffs is fast becoming a Broncos tradition.
Nineteen hundred and seventy whaaaaa?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Missing the playoffs is fast becoming a Broncos tradition.
What is KCs tradition then?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #23
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

We're starting new traditions. You'd be wise to get out of the way.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
We're starting new traditions. You'd be wise to get out of the way.
Im just shocked you guys haven't traded away another 4th round pick for a HC yet.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Man, looking at this schedule, I can already tell you I am not jumping on any bandwagon threads this spring about some 12-4 or 11-5 record. Considering we have new coaches and schemes, and the worst defense in the league. I think 9-7 would be considered a very nice accomplishment.

Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, N.Y. Giants
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Washington

The Broncos are gonna need to sweep KC and Oaktown next year and split with SD to even have a shot at making the playoffs.

I sure would like to see a 10-6 record if we can get it but it looks like it could come down to the games with SD again to see who might go from the AFC West. I believe all AFC West teams play most of these same teams so the positive thing I see is that the AFC West will be crappy again next year. That at least gives the Broncos a shot to make the playoffs based on winning our division.
why even care about the schedule? there is no such thing as a 'tuff' schedule or 'weak' schedule in the nfl...
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Denver Broncos