The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default I hate the Steelers and their fans

They are made of poo.

That is all.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

they are some of the most irrational people Ive ever met. It is so frustrating. They got this blue collar team, but they act like a bunch of pussies and snobs, its annoying.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I kinda like the Steelers themselves, inasmuch as I wish our defense were similar to theirs, but I do loathe their fans.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I like the Steelers. Maybe it's because do they have a blue collar team. Lots of people think that Broncos fans are snobs and lack social graces except for the "Wine and Cheese" crowd for whom social graces are a way of life.....

Frankly, I am sure the feelings are mutual all around the NFL. There are some players I don't care for, but on the whole, many are pretty good guys. But I agree that many fans can be a bit over the top in douchebaggery......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I lived in Pittsburgh from 1997 til January 2001. Before the Broncos-Steelers AFCCG, everyone was telling me how bad ass the steelers were and how Levon Kirkland was going to kill TD and hurt John Elway. All I said back was...we will see, huh? Sunday rolls up, I take my mom to work at Giant Eagle at like noon, entire store is black and gold. I get my mom at 8pm that night...you couldnt find anything steeler related at all. That right there sums up the nature of the Pittsburgh fans, they are all about the team when they are winning or in championship type games, but turn on them so fast when they lose. I also hate the god damned here we go steelers chant...its like a bunch of neanderthals banging rocks together...stupid ****ers...Wrong team won last night, but thats how it goes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
they are some of the most irrational people Ive ever met. It is so frustrating. They got this blue collar team, but they act like a bunch of pussies and snobs, its annoying.
Pittsburgh is now a white collar p***Y town.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Being at the Steelers vs Broncos AFCCG made me hate their fan base. A bunch of posers and championship chasers with their fan base.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
toad
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Clark

Definitly the most arrogant fans in the NFL as far as I can tell....Steelers fans in my workplace drive me crazy because they do have an aire of superiourity, sometimes to the point of being completely illogical about it.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I lived in Pittsburgh from 1997 til January 2001. Before the Broncos-Steelers AFCCG, everyone was telling me how bad ass the steelers were and how Levon Kirkland was going to kill TD and hurt John Elway. All I said back was...we will see, huh? Sunday rolls up, I take my mom to work at Giant Eagle at like noon, entire store is black and gold. I get my mom at 8pm that night...you couldnt find anything steeler related at all. That right there sums up the nature of the Pittsburgh fans, they are all about the team when they are winning or in championship type games, but turn on them so fast when they lose. I also hate the god damned here we go steelers chant...its like a bunch of neanderthals banging rocks together...stupid ****ers...Wrong team won last night, but thats how it goes.

there's some truth to that. i lived in Pittsburgh for a couple of my college years and back then (1985-1987), the Steelers sucked. you had to really search for a Steelers fan back then. i do remember taking a mechanical drafting class as an engineering elective one semester that was taught by some well-experienced draftsman from local industry who must have been a die hard Steelers fan because the class met on Monday & Wednesday evenings and whenever the Steelers lost the previous day, the Monday class was cancelled. that's about the ONLY Steelers fan i can recall from those years.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #10
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Sort of like: "Here we go, Broncos, here we go"?

I have several cousins in Pennslyvania. My son went to Pitt. I have family roots in western Penn. I have found the people to be great.

That does not excuse the fans who are pretenders like you're describing, but those sorts of people are found in every fan base. Compare to KC, Chokeland, Dallas, SD, even the Vikes and Browns have messed up fans. Remember the Dirty Bird craze? Not much different, eh? Who can stand Pats fans and Giants fans?

Meh, I just don't pay attention to the antics of idiots except when they come here to this board.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I've never visited, but I hear it's not that bad of a town now.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
I've never visited, but I hear it's not that bad of a town now.
I love the Burgh, great place, always have the best time whenever I'm in town.

I'm largely indifferent to the Steelers though. I really don't pay them any attention unless they get in our way.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #13
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

They were pretty much a laughing stock, back in the 60s, much like the old Broncos.

But I think that after winning six super bowls, I don't see them as very sympathetic anymore.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #14
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
They are made of poo.

That is all.
A Freaking Men!!!
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Sort of like: "Here we go, Broncos, here we go"?

I have several cousins in Pennslyvania. My son went to Pitt. I have family roots in western Penn. I have found the people to be great.

That does not excuse the fans who are pretenders like you're describing, but those sorts of people are found in every fan base. Compare to KC, Chokeland, Dallas, SD, even the Vikes and Browns have messed up fans. Remember the Dirty Bird craze? Not much different, eh? Who can stand Pats fans and Giants fans?

Meh, I just don't pay attention to the antics of idiots except when they come here to this board.....

Then you sir, are familiar with Isley's Chipped Ham...the grossest invention by man ever.

I generally believe the here we go steelers here we go is th emost obnoxious anthem in the history of sports...and its only annoying to me when Myron Cope would sing it. His voice was so high pitched and wrong that its burned its way into my brain forever. Thats why I hate it.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #16
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
I love the Burgh, great place, always have the best time whenever I'm in town.

I'm largely indifferent to the Steelers though. I really don't pay them any attention unless they get in our way.

I love the city, have friends there, went to High School there. I'd move back if I could afford it, but I hate the Steeler/Penguins/Pirates trifecta...hate them...

Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #17
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
but I hate the Pirates...hate them...

Boooooo
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #18
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

I was a little disappointed by some of the punk a$$ things some of their players did during the game (Harrison and his personal foul, dude kicking the kick returner that he just tackled - it was pretty weak but he kicked the dude while he was down) and I thought they were pretty classless after the game. I've played on a championship team (obviously not in the NFL but not in little league either) and I can understand the celebration etc. etc. but maybe you should acknowledge the great game the opponent played and such and not talk about how great you all are the whole time.

Maybe I'm just being picky but that's my feeling on the matter. Good ahead and be bad ass but show a little class.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #19
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
I was a little disappointed by some of the punk a$$ things some of their players did during the game (Harrison and his personal foul, dude kicking the kick returner that he just tackled - it was pretty weak but he kicked the dude while he was down) and I thought they were pretty classless after the game. I've played on a championship team (obviously not in the NFL but not in little league either) and I can understand the celebration etc. etc. but maybe you should acknowledge the great game the opponent played and such and not talk about how great you all are the whole time.

Maybe I'm just being picky but that's my feeling on the matter. Good ahead and be bad ass but show a little class.
I don't think I ever gave a **** about how great the packers played in 1998.

but steelers and packers fans really piss me off
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #20
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

The thing I hate about them is they are everywhere.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
did you see that one Cardinal defender get penetration on 3rd and 1 (i think it was 3rd and 1) and stop the Steeler running back behind the line? The RB then fell forward for the first down, but the Cardinal player didn't know it and was flexing and strutting for the camera, meanwhile the refs were moving the chains after awarding the 1st down. that was hilarious and that reminded me of the 2008 Denver Broncos.

class has gone from the NFL. the days of Lombardi telling his players "to act like they've been in the endzone before" has been replaced by this "hey, look at me. everybody look at ME!" mentality that trumps everything else. i hate it. if they would just stop showing those post-play antics on TV, they would stop immediately. i'd rather see a crowd shot than some idiot flexing his biceps for the cameras because he happened to fall down on the RB's leg and stop him for a 2 yard gain.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:

I agree.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #23
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Toothless inbreds
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Boooooo

I have to be honest... I hate baseball.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #25
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
Definitly the most arrogant fans in the NFL as far as I can tell....Steelers fans in my workplace drive me crazy because they do have an aire of superiourity, sometimes to the point of being completely illogical about it.
^^ Agreed ^^
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote