The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Way to rip off rings, NFL

One trophy gone. Leinart NEEDS to take over this season before investment is completely lost, and the refs completely bargained the lombardi trophy away to the steelers. Whoever disagrees is blind. This is a tragedy. Write the commissioner. Write whoever you can. The crew was horrid. The game was horrid. The "large market" was fixed. Again. (Remember Pitt vs Sea).

How sad.

The sport we love is a pseudo-sport.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Your madness outweights your stats every time.

Steelers earned this Title.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Your madness outweights your stats every time.

Steelers earned this Title.
Psh. Okay. Look at the penalty ratio their last two Super Bowls.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Way to not stop Pittsburgh on the final drive of the games reffs. You should have penalized them or something so they couldnt score.
Ninjatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
extralife
Ring of Famer

Recall the Steelers had a game winning first down turned into a safety in this game. I don't like the Steelers, but the penalties cut both ways this time.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Heav there were some very questionable calls. Take away the holding calls by Gandy as they all were warranted and there were some head scratchers. I am not going as far to say it was fixed but it seemed very lopsided in the calls for most the came. And Harrison should have been kicked out of the game as well as Hines Ward. Both players threw punches as defined by the rules.

Steelers made plays I won't argue that. Just seemed iffy on some of those calls against the Cardinals.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Didn't the refs call the rare safety in the endzone holding that gave Arizona a chance to win the game?

If Arizona's D makes a stop, the game is over and they win.

Not saying the refs had a great game, and I watched it with friends so maybe I missed something, but I thought Arizona had every chance to win the game.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

As BRONCOS fan's we have no (Zero) room too talk about getting calls.

Steelers and Cards played their respective asses off tonight.

Two years ago I hated the Steelers super bowl win. But tonight the Steelers earned it.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Popps it had nothing to do with Arizonas defense. Ben made a perfect throw nothing stops that.

I think the biggest question from this game will be why didn't they at least review the last play. It was more questionable than other booth reviews.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Recall the Steelers had a game winning first down turned into a safety in this game. I don't like the Steelers, but the penalties cut both ways this time.
I agree. Glad to see a couple people that arnt in a NFLISFIXED frenzy.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #11
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

I was rooting really hard for Arizona but the defense blew it big time. No excuses they should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm sick of fans blaming games on refs. Do you really think the NFL needs to fix games to get ratings up like the NBA? Risk losing credibilty?
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I was so pissed off I left the super bowl party I was at (me and my old man) just to go home. Didnt wanna watch anymore of the WWE refs. Then I had to speed home to catch the last few minutes.

All said and done though, cards shouldve won...all came fown to that last play of the first half. Other than that the Cards thoroughly outplayed em.

Last edited by spdirty; 02-01-2009 at 07:54 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #13
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
I was rooting really hard for Arizona but the defense blew it big time. No excuses they should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm sick of fans blaming games on refs. Do you really think the NFL needs to fix games to get ratings up like the NBA? Risk losing credibilty?

While I respect everyone who voiced their opinion on this thread. I agree with you F Roll it does get old fans are sounding like the Spurs and Cuban after every big game if calls don't go their way. Arizona had a chance to stop them they couldn't. Yes they had bad calls they should have never called but, that's part of the game.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 02-01-2009 at 07:54 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

I couldn't believe some of the Terrible Towels thrown AZ way. Esp. that attacking the holder bs; what was that all about?
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #15
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

There were some questionable calls
With that said Arizona had a chance to win and did not get it done

If Warner doesnt throw that pick 6 before half Cards win
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #16
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Didn't the refs call the rare safety in the endzone holding that gave Arizona a chance to win the game?

Not saying the refs had a great game, and I watched it with friends so maybe I missed something, but I thought Arizona had every chance to win the game.
They did have every chance and that was DESPITE the ref's.

That's just it Popps. Its why I think some of the people are upset. The last two ****tsburgh Superbowls had some very questional officiating.

Taylor and Harrison both should have been ejected from the game. The running into the Holder penalty was bull as the Cardinal was tripping over a Steeler as he was falling forward and the contact was purely incidental, unintentional and unavoidable not to mention there was no danger to the holder.

Id complain more if I thought the officiating was bad enough to affect the end result but it really didnt. Warner made one bad play that essentially cost them the game. He was otherwise terrific and Arizona outplayed the Squeelers throughout the game.

Id give Arizona the trophy 7 times out of 10 in this. I really thought they were the best team, they just got beat tonight is all.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I woke my daughter up screaming about that holder call. And Harrison's cheating b**** ass should have been tossed. Even Madden who rarely calls out players in the game said he should be tossed. It was weak.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Two years ago I hated the Steelers super bowl win. But tonight the Steelers earned it.
Ya, I'd agree with that.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Id complain more if I thought the officiating was bad enough to affect the end result but it really didnt. Warner made one bad play that essentially cost them the game..
That was a heck of a run-back on Pitt's part, too. That' the thing... defensive talent just finds a way to win games. Tipped balls leading to INTs, sacks on crucial drives... etc.

I think if this game is played 10 times, Pittsburgh wins 7. But, that's just because I buy into their model. Big defense, nasty players, the ability to run the ball and a QB who can take care of business.

Arizona is pretty to watch in the passing game and Fitzgerald is an absolute freak, but I think the better team won tonight.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Pitt has won the most SBs. They just build around the proper model, imo.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #20
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yay. People agree with me! They agree with you too Rev, they're just agreeing with your previous statements!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #21
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Yeah they called a good penalty. Not all the calls were bad Popps. Some went against Zona, some didnt. Like I said, I dont think the calls were bad enough to affect the outcome of the game. But the questional nature of two straight Squeeler superbowls is enough to make people wonder with reason IMO.

And Arizona's D didnt blow it. Pittsburgh made some great plays. Zona's D would have blew it had they played prevent, but they kept attacking. Pitt just made the plays on the last drive. Kudo's to them.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #22
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Steelers are Superbowl Champions this year...and earned it every step of the way.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #23
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I didn't like the officiating in the Steelers/Seahawks game. I thought the Seahawks got jobbed. I didn't feel that way about Arizona tonight. They had plenty of opportunities. In the end, I feel like the best team won.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I didn't like the officiating in the Steelers/Seahawks game. I thought the Seahawks got jobbed. I didn't feel that way about Arizona tonight. They had plenty of opportunities. In the end, I feel like the best team won.
Not me. I think Pittsburgh deserved the win but I think 7 out of 10 times Zona wins teh game.

Kinda like last year. NE was the better team, they just didnt win the game that mattered most. But 9 times out of 10 I bet NE would have won that game.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Steelers are Superbowl Champions this year...and earned it every step of the way.
cant deny that. toughest schedule in the NFL and still come out on top. that said, i think big ben is slightly overrated. "he wins" is not always attributed to the QB when you have a consistent top 3 defense.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote