The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Default OT--Octuplet mom already had SIX (6) Children--family had filed for Bankruptcy

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...ome;topStories

CBS) Doctors say the octuplets born Monday outside Los Angeles are doing well.

But when they go home, it will be to a truly full house.

CBS News has learned the mother who gave birth to the octuplets has six other children.

An acquaintance who didn't want to be identified told Early Show national correspondent Hattie Kauffman the mom has four older boys and two girls.

"She is young," the acquaintance says, "fairly young. She has six children already. And in those six children, she has a set of twins."

While the hospital where the octuplets were born, Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center in Bellflower, Calif., some 17 miles southeast of L.A., hasn't confirmed that the mom used fertility drugs, there are no documented cases of naturally conceived octuplets, Kauffman points out.

Doctors say the babies are all breathing on their own. But all weigh less than four pounds and are expected to remain in the hospital for weeks.

The woman and her children live on a cul-de-sac with her parents.

A man who came to the door of the family home confirmed to Kauffman that he's the grandfather of the octuplets, but refused to speak to her.

"From what you know about this family, and this household, do you think they'll be able to support 14 kids?" Kauffman asked the acquaintance.

"Well," she responded, "so far, they've been fine with the six they have. Fourteen I don't know."

Kauffman says the neighborhood has homes with just two or three bedrooms.

It will, Kauffman concluded, "be tight!"

God Bless America...Each of those 8 premies will cost the CA taxpayers well over 1 million DOLLARS in just their 1st year of existence. No mention of the husband either. I bet she took some $1 Clomiphene from across the border and timed it just right with an ovulation monitor

Last edited by broncofan7; 01-30-2009 at 10:47 AM..
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
big56fan#1
Orange and Blue baby!!!!

To think theres many couples that really want kids that cant, who could give them lots of love and provide for them proper. then you hear of these stories and have to wonder.
big56fan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:
I bet she took some $1 Clomiphene from across the border and timed it just right with an ovulation monitor
Yeah, because raising fourteen children is a riot! W00t. Waaaay easier than having a real job.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
MIKE111375
Just Drafted

agreeing with big56fan#1
MIKE111375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

No comment, other than no father is mentioned.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
God Bless America...Each of those 8 premies will cost the CA taxpayers well over 1 million DOLLARS in just their 1st year of existence. No mention of the husband either. I bet she took some $1 Clomiphene from across the border and timed it just right with an ovulation monitor
Where do you get your #'s?

I had a 3lb 5 oz Premie, she stayed in the hospital for 6 weeks. The bill was under $100k. We had insurance co-pays. I think that included the 2-3 weeks of Labor ICU before they were born.

That is 10 times less than the 1mill you quoted.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I had a 3lb 5 oz Premie, she stayed in the hospital for 6 weeks. The bill was under $100k. We had insurance co-pays. I think that included the 2-3 weeks of Labor ICU before they were born.

Oh and our 2nd pre-mie was almost 1/2 that, he was a pound bigger and not as early.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Heh ..................and to think there are some who would have been outraged if she had an abortion ......no making you bastards happy is there ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Heh ..................and to think there are some who would have been outraged if she had an abortion ......no making you bastards happy is there ?
I think the point was more WHO in their right mind needs 6 to 14 kids ...

I understand people with big families and all , that is no biggy ... But when you break the 7-10 mark that is just getting a little crazy.

A vagina is a reproductive organ , not a clown car ...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I got no problem with this at all.

1) Its not my life
2) California and everything about it sucks anyway, this isnt going to make it worse.
3) Negative population growth in this country (sans immigration) is a problem. I dont mind AMERICANS giving birth to AMERICANS at all.
4) We are not overpopulated. Even California which is roughly the size of Japan, has only 1 quarter of the population of Japan.
5) Maybe one of these children discovers the cure for cancer or some other significant discovery in human advancement.

14 children is uncommon now but not that uncommon just three generations ago. I dont know why people get outraged at this.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
C130Herkload
Trash Hauler Supreme

Kickin' a$$ to save your's

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Nalen

Are we sure the Dads not Travis Henry?
C130Herkload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
I think the point was more WHO in their right mind needs 6 to 14 kids ...

I understand people with big families and all , that is no biggy ... But when you break the 7-10 mark that is just getting a little crazy.

A vagina is a reproductive organ , not a clown car ...
..........I am no one to judge
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #13
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

This is stupid.
You want that many kids, then adopt.
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by big56fan#1 View Post
To think theres many couples that really want kids that cant, who could give them lots of love and provide for them proper. then you hear of these stories and have to wonder.
Wonder what?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130Herkload View Post
Well it's like a litter maybe there is more than one farther.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
..........I am no one to judge
Ya but would you hit it?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
Meck77
Google Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post

1) Its not my life
2) California and everything about it sucks anyway, this isnt going to make it worse.
3) Negative population growth in this country (sans immigration) is a problem. I dont mind AMERICANS giving birth to AMERICANS at all.
4) We are not overpopulated. Even California which is roughly the size of Japan, has only 1 quarter of the population of Japan.
5) Maybe one of these children discovers the cure for cancer or some other significant discovery in human advancement.

14 children is uncommon now but not that uncommon just three generations ago. I dont know why people get outraged at this.
What if they become raider fans? **** um
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #18
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post

1) Its not my life

Well, without really knowing anything about this woman, I'd say you're right. But if what is said is true, than I would say that having 14 kids whitout any real means to care for them is irresponsible. I would say that is what most are upset about. I have two kids and struggle to make ends meet sometimes. Childcare alone is almost equal to my mortgage payment. Can you imagine cost of diapers alone for this family?
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130Herkload View Post
That's way too funny... but maybe it's true!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #20
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Ya but would you hit it?
of course
Old 01-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #21
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I am probably dating myself here , but Grandma on Dad side had 8 kids , my Aunt Mary had 12 , Violet had 12 ,My Dad 5 ,2 uncles died in WW2 , one died in a Diabetic Coma Aunt Iris had 7 , Aunt betty had 4 , my Uncle Don dad side had 8 kids in 5 Marriages ...... my mom side granny had 9 , uncle don had 4 , Aunt Pat had 2 , my mom had 5 ......you get the idea ......... My family loves to ****
Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #22
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I am probably dating myself here , but Grandma on Dad side had 8 kids , my Aunt Mary had 12 , Violet had 12 ,My Dad 5 ,2 uncles died in WW2 , one died in a Diabetic Coma Aunt Iris had 7 , Aunt betty had 4 , my Uncle Don dad side had 8 kids in 5 Marriages ...... my mom side granny had 9 , uncle don had 4 , Aunt Pat had 2 , my mom had 5 ......you get the idea ......... My family loves to ****
So Spider,are you saying you would hit yourself too?

As for the actual thread topic, my grandmother had 10, but that was from like 1944-1963 or something like that and no twins. We were good Catholics my family. That rythym method shore worked swell.

Thing is not going to judge a woman for having or not having babies, but if you can't economically support them that does seem a tad irresponsible. But maybe there is more to it, but 8 babies in one birth seems like a definite fertility drug thing, so why do that when you have 6 already? It's just odd.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:13 AM   #23
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
So Spider,are you saying you would hit yourself too?

As for the actual thread topic, my grandmother had 10, but that was from like 1944-1963 or something like that and no twins. We were good Catholics my family. That rythym method shore worked swell.

Thing is not going to judge a woman for having or not having babies, but if you can't economically support them that does seem a tad irresponsible. But maybe there is more to it, but 8 babies in one birth seems like a definite fertility drug thing, so why do that when you have 6 already? It's just odd.
yeah it does seem Odd , who knows why people do such things ........ I got 6 kids myself , the last 4 we thought we was using protection ( colten was a birth control baby as well as the triplets ) we only wanted 2 , got what we wanted 1 boy 1 girl , thought we should stop now ..........But ... i wouldnt change a thing though ......
Old 01-30-2009, 05:27 AM   #24
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Yeah, because raising fourteen children is a riot! W00t. Waaaay easier than having a real job.
you think this was a natural birth? Right on 'Actualfool'. The issue is, too many Americans do not feel a kinship or level of responsibility toward our fellow countrymen and live their lives in a self serving fashion---from the Wall street executives to this woman.

1) she lives AT HOME WITH HER PARENTS
2) She already had 6 children to care for
3) she obviously used fertility medications by virtue of the fact that there has been NO DOCUMENTED delivery of Octuplets WITHOUT fertility meds being utilized.

This was a selfish act by this woman and the tax payers of CA will be forced to bear the brunt of it, from medication/hospitalizations via medi-Cal x EIGHT, to enrollment in public schools x EIGHT, etc etc......

Last edited by broncofan7; 01-30-2009 at 05:35 AM..
Old 01-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #25
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

Congrats. Your stats must be from the 1990s.