The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Default so here's my go at an offseason plan

I know I get drilled for this part so I'll get it out of the way

SHOP Champ Bailey around...I just don't see him going in the same direction we are, we have a very very talented core of young players, with Champ we have a good chance to build off that, plus there are free agent options out there, and CB's are not as important in a 3-4. If we don't get the retun we deserve, then we keep him, simple enough. I wonder what mister jerimiah Jones would give for him? doesn't have any draft picks.

anwyays... free agency

Shaun Cody - NT - Lions - we need depth here he provides it for very cheap and has a huge upside moving back to his natural position, no risk high reward

Heath Farwell - LB - Vikings - with Spencer Larsen assuming a bigger role, he becomes our Specail Teams standout and also provides depth, another very cheap player that could have a big impact, finnaly we have a coach who will adress specail teams

Marques Harris - LB - San Diego - cheap, gotta start puttin round pegs into round holes, none of this hyrbid 3-4 bs, good reserve could even start

Igor Olshansky - DE - San Diego - Some would say Canty here, but I think they'll go for the same price... we have San Diego's D-line coach, and i've just always thought this guy was a plyer

Suggs OR Peppers - Take your pick I'd almost rather have Peppers I think he can play the WILB position to a Defensive MVP level, this is there most the money is thrown at but go ahead and do it, this is a very important position in a 3-4 and an opportunity to get a guy like this is very rare

O.J. Atogwe - FS - Rams - I can't honestly say I know alot about him but I take the word of everyone here that says he's a player, and we need a Safety something

POSSIBLE SIGNING - Channing Crowder or Bart Scott... not real sure what thier FA interest will be but if thier outta our $ range we'll be fine without, gotta be dumb to not pick these guys up for cheap

IF CHAMP IS TRADED - Bryant McFadden, Steelers, Daunte Robinson, Texans, or DeAngelo Williams, Redskins - All Talented corners can all be starters, also all have youth on thier side... i'd take McFadden out of the bunch

For Offense take a shot at Ward, Jacobs is too pricey for us at this point

Assuming the Champ trade goes through.... I say we get another secound

1. BJ Raji first - cross your fingers we got our DT cause we need one
2a. Shonn Greene - I wasn't sold on it at first I thought we needed too much help on D but now i'm down with a stud back
2b. Moore, probaly won't get him but Chung is a stud too
3. Sean Smith - CB - gotta get some more depth there with Champ gone.. I don't know enough about where players are expected to finish this post but i'll edit here soon......
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Igor Olshansky playing for the Broncos would be highly ironic.....then again, these guys are really nothing but a bunch of mercs anyways, so why not?
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Over all I like the ideas you have, getting people who fit is more important than getting people who have big names.

I don't like the idea of Suggs or Peppers, too much money to put into one player unless they come a lot cheaper than expected and we don't need big egos right now. Olshansky, Suggs/Peppers and Atogwe is probably not realistic in terms of contracts, we would put ourselves in the same situation the Jets are in now, you dole out big deals one year and you have to fire good people the next.

I like the idea of Cody as a backup, I am not sure how much he has been ruined in Detroit, but we saw with Foxworth that a change of scenery can help a player.

Deangelo Hall will stay in Washington, that is almost a given. Mcfadden is not a starting quality CB, even with a pass rush like the Steelers he struggles in coverage, and I wouldn't trust Dunta Robinsons knee any futher than I could throw it.

Will Moore falling to the middle of the 2nd round is a stretch even with his poor performance in the senior bowl, his measurables at the combine will be too good for him to drop that far. Sean Smith is going to be a 2nd round pick, maybe even borderline 1st depending on his willingness to play FS.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There's no way we bring in Peppers/Suggs, Atogwe, AND Olshansky. Adding Crowder/Scott is in no way a feasible option. The 3 lower dollar FA's listed and one of the other three may be possible though (unless Olshansky comes cheap and Bowlen decides to open the pocket book a bit for Atogwe, we may be able to squeeze them both in).

Also, Champ for a 2nd? I don't mind the idea of entertaining trade offers for him, but I'd want more to show in return. The FO would be subject to public flogging if they didn't get a 1st (even #32) for Champ.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I want DeAngelo Williams too, however I dont think he addresses the problem if Champ is Traded, he's also on Carolina, not Washington. He'd probably cost a lost to trade for after last season too.
Ninjatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatime View Post
I want DeAngelo Williams too, however I dont think he addresses the problem if Champ is Traded, he's also on Carolina, not Washington. He'd probably cost a lost to trade for after last season too.
He meant Deangelo Hall from the Redskins, who is a cornerback, why would a runningback have anything to do with a discussion about replacing Champ Bailey?

Common sense requested.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He meant Deangelo Hall from the Redskins, who is a cornerback, why would a runningback have anything to do with a discussion about replacing Champ Bailey?

Common sense requested.
how about a sarcasm detector?
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjackson View Post
how about a sarcasm detector?
Lol someone got it
Old 01-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

For the record, that wasn't sarcasm, sarcasm is subtle.. this is sarcasm: good job
Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

i'm not so sure igor will cost that much.... anyone think a canty, peppers, otogwe is feaseable?
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I hate giving a boatload to one player when our D needs 7 starters.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #12
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
I know I get drilled for this part so I'll get it out of the way

SHOP Champ Bailey around...I just don't see him going in the same direction we are, we have a very very talented core of young players, with Champ we have a good chance to build off that, plus there are free agent options out there, and CB's are not as important in a 3-4. If we don't get the retun we deserve, then we keep him, simple enough. I wonder what mister jerimiah Jones would give for him? doesn't have any draft picks.

anwyays... free agency

Shaun Cody - NT - Lions - we need depth here he provides it for very cheap and has a huge upside moving back to his natural position, no risk high reward

Heath Farwell - LB - Vikings - with Spencer Larsen assuming a bigger role, he becomes our Specail Teams standout and also provides depth, another very cheap player that could have a big impact, finnaly we have a coach who will adress specail teams

Marques Harris - LB - San Diego - cheap, gotta start puttin round pegs into round holes, none of this hyrbid 3-4 bs, good reserve could even start

Igor Olshansky - DE - San Diego - Some would say Canty here, but I think they'll go for the same price... we have San Diego's D-line coach, and i've just always thought this guy was a plyer

Suggs OR Peppers - Take your pick I'd almost rather have Peppers I think he can play the WILB position to a Defensive MVP level, this is there most the money is thrown at but go ahead and do it, this is a very important position in a 3-4 and an opportunity to get a guy like this is very rare

O.J. Atogwe - FS - Rams - I can't honestly say I know alot about him but I take the word of everyone here that says he's a player, and we need a Safety something

POSSIBLE SIGNING - Channing Crowder or Bart Scott... not real sure what thier FA interest will be but if thier outta our $ range we'll be fine without, gotta be dumb to not pick these guys up for cheap

IF CHAMP IS TRADED - Bryant McFadden, Steelers, Daunte Robinson, Texans, or DeAngelo Williams, Redskins - All Talented corners can all be starters, also all have youth on thier side... i'd take McFadden out of the bunch

For Offense take a shot at Ward, Jacobs is too pricey for us at this point

Assuming the Champ trade goes through.... I say we get another secound

1. BJ Raji first - cross your fingers we got our DT cause we need one
2a. Shonn Greene - I wasn't sold on it at first I thought we needed too much help on D but now i'm down with a stud back
2b. Moore, probaly won't get him but Chung is a stud too
3. Sean Smith - CB - gotta get some more depth there with Champ gone.. I don't know enough about where players are expected to finish this post but i'll edit here soon......
And how much would this cost per player?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
For the record, that wasn't sarcasm, sarcasm is subtle.. this is sarcasm: good job
Yep its definately subtle, you win again.

Sar-casm
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

(I bolded subtle in the definition)
Old 01-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattob14 View Post
There's no way we bring in Peppers/Suggs, Atogwe, AND Olshansky. Adding Crowder/Scott is in no way a feasible option. The 3 lower dollar FA's listed and one of the other three may be possible though (unless Olshansky comes cheap and Bowlen decides to open the pocket book a bit for Atogwe, we may be able to squeeze them both in).

Also, Champ for a 2nd? I don't mind the idea of entertaining trade offers for him, but I'd want more to show in return. The FO would be subject to public flogging if they didn't get a 1st (even #32) for Champ.

What about a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th/6th? We may not be able to realistically expect him to get a first anymore. Last year when I presented the idea and everyone through a fit, it made more sense but you have to think the injuries this past season along with age will scare people off trading a first. I agree though. Id want more than a 2nd, but Im not sure a 1st would be realistic. Maybe a combination of picks that arent first though. Im still not sure Id be comfortable with that either.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I hate giving a boatload to one player when our D needs 7 starters.
We have too much tied up in CB too.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
no face saved
Old 01-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatime View Post
Yep its definately subtle, you win again.

Sar-casm
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

(I bolded subtle in the definition)
Quote:
Lets see, it certainly isn't ironic, it is not harsh nor bitter and not a derision. It wasn't sharp, taunting, sneering or cutting. I don't see anything that fits your definition of sarcasm.

Do you want to try again?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
What about a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th/6th? We may not be able to realistically expect him to get a first anymore. Last year when I presented the idea and everyone through a fit, it made more sense but you have to think the injuries this past season along with age will scare people off trading a first. I agree though. Id want more than a 2nd, but Im not sure a 1st would be realistic. Maybe a combination of picks that arent first though. Im still not sure Id be comfortable with that either.
It depends on the point of view. For the average fan, the difference between pick #32 and #33 is HUGE. Just the fact that we couldn't say we got a 1st for Champ would cause tremendous backlash. Personally, I'd be very tempted with the package you mentioned. Make it, say, a 2nd, 4th and 2010 2nd or 3rd and I'd take it.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #19
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

i think you are headed in the right direction. I wouldnt invest too much on a CB at this point. If we trade Champ there wont be much out there unless we got a 1st for him and drafted a CB. I mean if we have Bly as our starter we might as well quit before we start. There isnt alot there in FA so we would have to overpay for mediocre backs and end up with 2 blys and that wouldnt be worth losing our best defensive player.
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
i think even with his age and his injury last season there are teams that would be willing to give at least a 1st rounder for him. When healthy which he usually is, he has only missed like 10 games his entire career, he is one of the best shutdown corners in football.
if he is on a team with even a halfway decent front 7 he will look like the Champ of 2 years ago.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #21
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I would draft Maluaga at 12 if I couldnt trade back. If we could trade back in the 1st to say the early 20's we could draft a Laurinitis and he could play a Bruschi role or take a RB in the 1st like Moreno if he is still there which he could be. In the second you can find alot of solid pickups at DT or RB and a few LBs too. I wouldnt be shy in either drafting a backup QB in the 4th or signing a solid healthy veteran either. We really might end up spending alot on Peppers which wouldnt be so bad. I say with all this caproom we give champ the deal he earned and deserves.
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Lets see, it certainly isn't ironic, it is not harsh nor bitter and not a derision. It wasn't sharp, taunting, sneering or cutting. I don't see anything that fits your definition of sarcasm.

de⋅ri⋅sion   /dɪˈrɪʒən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-rizh-uhn] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. ridicule; mockery: The inept performance elicited derision from the audience.
2. an object of ridicule.

rid⋅i⋅cule   /ˈrɪdɪˌkyul/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rid-i-kyool] Show IPA Pronunciation
noun, verb, -culed, -cul⋅ing.
–noun 1. speech or action intended to cause contemptuous laughter at a person or thing; derision.
–verb (used with object) 2. to deride; make fun of.

I can keep going onto dictionary.com to provide examples of the words you think you are using correctly
Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #23
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think someone should just admit they missed a sarcastic comment and get on with it. Call it what you want, you missed it. It happens to all of us. I guess it doesn't happen to you though. Yet you've brought everyone's attention to it.

If we were to play word association on here, and someone said "sarcasm", most people would say "gyldenlove".
Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #24
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Come on, kids. Either get with the program or take it outside......

Now that is Sneering sarcasm......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: