The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Marshall: Broncos in Super Bowl XLIV

Broncos' Marshall enjoying Super atmosphere
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

TAMPA, FLA. — Brandon Marshall has never been shy about making bold predictions, and this morning he made another one.

"Broncos in Super Bowl XLIV," Marshall said.

Marshall, the Broncos' Pro Bowl wide receiver, made the rounds on radio row at the Super Bowl media center, and said he envisioned what it would be like to be here as a participant and not just a spectator.

"It brings excitement to me just being involved in some of these activities now, and the festivities here at the Super Bowl. Watching guys do interviews, for the Cardinals and the Steelers, I'm just starting to imagine how it's going to be for me when we get there," Marshall said.

"I don't think it's a question of 'if' we're going to get there. It's 'when' we're going to get there."

Few people are likely to include the Broncos among the early favorites to play in the Super Bowl next year in Miami. But then again, Marshall has never been lacking for confidence in himself or the Broncos.

Marshall said he has spoken on the phone with new head coach Josh McDaniels.

"He said we're going to score a lot of points," Marshall said. "Coach, I hope that's not putting any pressure on you, but that's what he told me — we're going to score a lot of points."

Marshall has not been in Denver since McDaniels was hired two and a half weeks ago, but said he plans to stop in Denver after playing in the Pro Bowl in early February.

Marshall said he's been running some routes with the receivers and quarterbacks at the University of Central Florida - his alma mater - in Orlando, but that most of his Pro Bowl training has consisted of "bowling, golf and long-distance running."

The running has been going well. The bowling and golf, not so much. "It was ugly," Marshall said.

And Marshall said he has been preparing for something else that will happen at the Pro Bowl he says will be "really big."

Marshall had a pre-planned touchdown celebration in honor of President Barack Obama two days after Obama was elected. After scoring a touchdown at Cleveland, he was preparing to put on a glove to salute Obama when quick thinking teammates stopped him to prevent the team from being penalized.

Marshall wouldn't say what he has planned for the Pro Bowl, only that it would be "another phase of Brandon Marshall."

"You know I'm always up to something," Marshall said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11582306
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

blah blah blah.... The more this guy talks, the more I think he is from the planet "ME"
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
blah blah blah.... The more this guy talks, the more I think he is from the planet "ME"
Yeah. I mean, the dude said that the BRONCOS will be in the Super Bowl next year. What a selfish asshat!
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue
 
no-pseudo-fan's Avatar
 
Follow me...

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: EPT
Posts: 2,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo
Default

I just dream of a scheme where B Marsh can get the ball in the open field, but I want to see what the defense looks like before I start saying that we are going next year.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,468

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Cute little Joey Porter reference. That should make the probowl week and game worthwhile.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
telluride
Ring of Famer
 
telluride's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
--Rulon!--
Default

Dear Brandon: Please work on running and catching. Not on running your mouth.

Love,

The Fans
telluride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
blah blah blah.... The more this guy talks, the more I think he is from the planet "ME"

I don't get it?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Broncos' Marshall enjoying Super atmosphere
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

TAMPA, FLA. Brandon Marshall has never been shy about making bold predictions, and this morning he made another one.

"Broncos in Super Bowl XLIV," Marshall said.

Marshall, the Broncos' Pro Bowl wide receiver, made the rounds on radio row at the Super Bowl media center, and said he envisioned what it would be like to be here as a participant and not just a spectator.

"It brings excitement to me just being involved in some of these activities now, and the festivities here at the Super Bowl. Watching guys do interviews, for the Cardinals and the Steelers, I'm just starting to imagine how it's going to be for me when we get there," Marshall said.

"I don't think it's a question of 'if' we're going to get there. It's 'when' we're going to get there."

Few people are likely to include the Broncos among the early favorites to play in the Super Bowl next year in Miami. But then again, Marshall has never been lacking for confidence in himself or the Broncos.

Marshall said he has spoken on the phone with new head coach Josh McDaniels.

"He said we're going to score a lot of points," Marshall said. "Coach, I hope that's not putting any pressure on you, but that's what he told me we're going to score a lot of points."

Marshall has not been in Denver since McDaniels was hired two and a half weeks ago, but said he plans to stop in Denver after playing in the Pro Bowl in early February.

Marshall said he's been running some routes with the receivers and quarterbacks at the University of Central Florida - his alma mater - in Orlando, but that most of his Pro Bowl training has consisted of "bowling, golf and long-distance running."

The running has been going well. The bowling and golf, not so much. "It was ugly," Marshall said.

And Marshall said he has been preparing for something else that will happen at the Pro Bowl he says will be "really big."

Marshall had a pre-planned touchdown celebration in honor of President Barack Obama two days after Obama was elected. After scoring a touchdown at Cleveland, he was preparing to put on a glove to salute Obama when quick thinking teammates stopped him to prevent the team from being penalized.

Marshall wouldn't say what he has planned for the Pro Bowl, only that it would be "another phase of Brandon Marshall."

"You know I'm always up to something," Marshall said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11582306
Hell, you could interchange 'Ocho Cinco' for 'Brandon Marshall', and the article would nearly maintain its full meaning.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #9
broncofan2438
Faneco this...
 
broncofan2438's Avatar
 
LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 6,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER
Default

wow
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

He should stop being so selfish and predict that another team will be in the Super Bowl.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,011

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

I wish he would just shut up -_-

But then again... if a Steve Atwater had yapped a lot or a Rod Smith, they would have been far more well known and probably both HOF bound. (Rod because he's the top undrafted offensive WR in history)

That's what stupid about the NFL. You need publicity in the current area to get anywhere.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
NeverBeenToDenver
Rookie
 
Overreact Much?

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Posts: 83

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TD's HoF BID
Default

The NFL? Try the entire entertainment business.
NeverBeenToDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #13
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default



you guys are rediculous for bashing Brandon for saying these things.

The hate on him is too funny.
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post


you guys are rediculous for bashing Brandon for saying these things.

The hate on him is too funny.

QFT..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,862

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post


you guys are rediculous for bashing Brandon for saying these things.

The hate on him is too funny.
Agreed.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,124
Default

word
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

I will say that the "I'm planning something super huge, guys!" thing is wearing on me.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #18
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Hell, you could interchange 'Ocho Cinco' for 'Brandon Marshall', and the article would nearly maintain its full meaning.
You'd be hard pressed to find one Ocho Cinco quote where he predicts his team will even make noise in the playoffs....much less the SB. Why do you think he always talks about getting out of there? He's been bad-mouthing the team for years.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm really upset at him for being excited about his new coach and predicting that his team will do well. It would be much more gracious of him to predict that all the other teams in the NFL will do better than the Broncos. It's also extremely inappropriate of him to try and entertain fans at an event that is as serious as the Pro Bowl.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #20
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue
 
no-pseudo-fan's Avatar
 
Follow me...

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: EPT
Posts: 2,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo
Default

Here is a link to the interview: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e6da9a

The guy wants to win, so he is a little brash.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post


you guys are rediculous for bashing Brandon for saying these things.

The hate on him is too funny.
Seriously. Brandon could give a lecture on quantam physics and these guys would find something to pick at
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 5,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

Brandon will officially be changing his last name to Quince this year. Please refer him as such...blah, blah, blah...

Just practice not dropping balls BM & give max effort on every play. TY.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #23
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoFiend's Avatar
 
The enemy's gate is down

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I'm really upset at him for being excited about his new coach and predicting that his team will do well. It would be much more gracious of him to predict that all the other teams in the NFL will do better than the Broncos. It's also extremely inappropriate of him to try and entertain fans at an event that is as serious as the Pro Bowl.
I'm sensing some sarcasm there but without any icons I just can't be sure
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,438
Default

The guy stayed out of trouble all season.

That is all I give a **** about....stay out of trouble and you can run your mouth all damn day for all I care.

Show up and play hard and stay clean and trouble free.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #25
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
I'm sensing some sarcasm there but without any icons I just can't be sure
No one seemed to pick up on the sarcasm in my first post, so I decided to lay it on a little thicker.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 PM.


Denver Broncos