The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default The 2009 Official NCAA Regular Season Thread

Yeah b****es, I started it.

Some great games so far this year. I know most of America doenst watch the regular season but every year they miss some of the best basketball that is played.

Take tonight's Duke/Wake Forest game. EXCELLENT game. WF had a 13 point lead and almost choked it away at home but with some amazing resiliency and a perfectly executed inbounds pass with 2.6 seconds left to take the go ahead bucket.

Anyway, as most of you know Im a huge KU fan. And they have had their hands full tonight with Nebraska. Though with a 6 point lead after trailing the entire first half, and time winding down it seems that this young group of guys is going to make a win. Thats my KU talk.

Now, on to player of the year. I'll be happy with anyone NOT named Tyler Hansbrough. So ****ing overrated. Blake Griffin from OU gets my vote. That guy has been unstoppable all year. If Stephen Curry played on a real team with real teammates, he'd probably be up for consideration as he is just a phenomenal player. Teague from WF has been playing well, as has Dejaun Blair from Pitt.

Right now I gotta say, WF, OU and UConn are probably the 3 best teams in teh country, followed by Pitt, UNC and Duke.

Thoughts?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yeah, great great game tonight.

And totally agreed on Blake Griffin. Dude is a monster.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

That was a fun NU/KU game. Always fun to watch even if we never win lol.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Anyway, as most of you know Im a huge KU fan.
Couldn't tell
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Sweet game between Duke and Wake Forest. Wake is for real.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Yeah b****es, I started it.

Some great games so far this year. I know most of America doenst watch the regular season but every year they miss some of the best basketball that is played.

Take tonight's Duke/Wake Forest game. EXCELLENT game. WF had a 13 point lead and almost choked it away at home but with some amazing resiliency and a perfectly executed inbounds pass with 2.6 seconds left to take the go ahead bucket.

Anyway, as most of you know Im a huge KU fan. And they have had their hands full tonight with Nebraska. Though with a 6 point lead after trailing the entire first half, and time winding down it seems that this young group of guys is going to make a win. Thats my KU talk.

Now, on to player of the year. I'll be happy with anyone NOT named Tyler Hansbrough. So ****ing overrated. Blake Griffin from OU gets my vote. That guy has been unstoppable all year. If Stephen Curry played on a real team with real teammates, he'd probably be up for consideration as he is just a phenomenal player. Teague from WF has been playing well, as has Dejaun Blair from Pitt.

Right now I gotta say, WF, OU and UConn are probably the 3 best teams in teh country, followed by Pitt, UNC and Duke.

Thoughts?
I second the thought about Stephen Curry. He actually had some good teammates last year. His PG was a 4-year starter who had some godly assist numbers in the tourney. He left so Curry was forced to play the 1 this year.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
ro_50
Ring of Famer

I watch it, actually from the first tip in mid-November. It's my favorite sport to watch. And what an amazing Wake Forest-Duke game.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Arizona State is going to be a great tourney team. Im excited about our squad this year.

Teague is so fast, man that guy was a lightning bolt tonight!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
That was a fun NU/KU game. Always fun to watch even if we never win lol.
Hah, at least we played them tough. Last couple years were just embarrassing.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Wow, upsets continue as GT who hasnt won a single ACC game all year upsets Wake Forest.

Then Kansas State who is craptacular walks into Austin and takes down the Longhorns in OT.

CU almost wittled a 21 point second half deficit to get the upset in Kansas but, of course, they failed because you just dont win in Lawrence, especially if you are a Buffalo.

I was really surprised at how crappy Notre Dame looked against Pitt today, and A&M stepped it up big time against Okie State.

Man today was a good day of college basketball. hopefully this Monday is going to be kick ass too because its Big Monday and all.

Oh yeah Ro, I remember me and you having all kinds of awesome discussions last year about College Hoops. You see Hasheem Thabeets triple double today? Dude was a MONSTER on the blocks with 10!?!! In one game that's just insane!, 11 boards, 17 points or something, man he had a stupid stat line. And then Dejaun Blair getting 23 points and 22 rebounds...then Clemente from KState knocking down 43 including the go ahead free throws against UT today.

I think the Big East is going to kick each others asses so bad that come tourney time they are going to be worn out. But a few of those teams seem to be overrated. Georgetown and ND have both lost like 5 straight games. Meanwhile, teh ACC is in a similar yet not quite as dire situation. NC, Duke, WF, Clemson, VTech are all going to play each other tough.

This might be the worst year for SEC ball Ive seen in a long time. UK is the top team and they really arent that great. The Pac 10 doesnt look all that strong either but probably about equal with the Big 12 which is definitely in a down year. Arizona State and UCLA seem to be the only true threats from the Pac 10 though with Arizona faltering (even though they put it on us down there in Zona earlier in the year) and USC flailing arms at nothing.

Quite frankly, I dont know who is number 1 anymore. UConn looks great but so does OU and when UNC doesnt have a bad game they look scary good but still lack defense.

Any predictions on conference champs?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:07 PM   #11
Ninjatime
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Arizona State is going to be a great tourney team. Im excited about our squad this year.
Yeah, about ASU...
Ninjatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Kinda dissapointed about the Wake loss. Probably just came out thinking they could take on the world after beating Duke and UNC. They're my favorites for ACC champs.