The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default Peta's Banned Super Bowl Commercial.




Starring Dortoh as the pizza delivery man...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,751
Default

Better cover it with this:

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,831

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

I can't stand PETA lol.

Treating animals ethically is cool and I'm all for that... but any group that focuses on one narrow mindset is just stupid.

I do wish that we slaughtered cows in a more humane way though... it's pretty f'ed up.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbeef.html

The accusation that beef causes impotence is a tactic that can definitely be described as "below the belt." Beef causes impotence by "clogging arteries, limiting blood flow to the extremities." So goes the argument proffered by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Nothing could be more unethical than the implied suggestion that vegetarianism is good for your sex life. We know that vegetarianism—the practice of not eating animal foods—can lead to many deficiencies that directly contribute to impotence, infertility and reproductive difficulties—deficiencies in protein, zinc, vitamins B6 and B12, and fat-soluble vitamins A and D.

The notion that beef is an "acid-forming" food is another favorite vegetarian argument. Beef contains lots of sulphur and phosphorus, which technically form an acid when dissolved in water, but that does not mean that eating meat causes the body to be too acid. Actually, meat provides both high-quality protein and vitamin D (if you eat the fat and organ meats, that is), both of which are needed to maintain proper acid-alkaline balance in the body.

Meat does not putrefy in the gut. Humans are admirably equipped to digest meat. That is the main job of the human stomach, which—unlike the stomach of the cow or rabbit—contains millions of cells that secrete hydrochloric acid. Our intestinal tract is much shorter than that of the vegetarian animals, but somewhat longer than that of purely carnivorous animals. Man is an omnivore—with teeth, stomach, intestines and bowel all designed to handle both animal and plant foods.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Better cover it with this:



24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Dumbest crap i have ever seen, now excuse me i have to go flip the hamburgers.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
kappys
Ring of Famer
 
kappys's Avatar
 
“It will be of little avail to the

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbeef.html

The accusation that beef causes impotence is a tactic that can definitely be described as "below the belt." Beef causes impotence by "clogging arteries, limiting blood flow to the extremities." So goes the argument proffered by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Nothing could be more unethical than the implied suggestion that vegetarianism is good for your sex life. We know that vegetarianism—the practice of not eating animal foods—can lead to many deficiencies that directly contribute to impotence, infertility and reproductive difficulties—deficiencies in protein, zinc, vitamins B6 and B12, and fat-soluble vitamins A and D.

The notion that beef is an "acid-forming" food is another favorite vegetarian argument. Beef contains lots of sulphur and phosphorus, which technically form an acid when dissolved in water, but that does not mean that eating meat causes the body to be too acid. Actually, meat provides both high-quality protein and vitamin D (if you eat the fat and organ meats, that is), both of which are needed to maintain proper acid-alkaline balance in the body.

Meat does not putrefy in the gut. Humans are admirably equipped to digest meat. That is the main job of the human stomach, which—unlike the stomach of the cow or rabbit—contains millions of cells that secrete hydrochloric acid. Our intestinal tract is much shorter than that of the vegetarian animals, but somewhat longer than that of purely carnivorous animals. Man is an omnivore—with teeth, stomach, intestines and bowel all designed to handle both animal and plant foods.

Sorry I made it to the part where they claim that high cholesterol not only does not cause heart disease but that it is healthier to have high cholesterol rather than low cholestero.. Just couldn't take any more of that delicious, delicious tripe after that.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
SBboundBroncos
Love Me Sexy
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gurnee
Posts: 184

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I can't stand PETA lol.

Treating animals ethically is cool and I'm all for that... but any group that focuses on one narrow mindset is just stupid.

I do wish that we slaughtered cows in a more humane way though... it's pretty f'ed up.
eh they're dead either way


but go hippies
SBboundBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
Jeremy Summers
SUMS
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I am a long standing member of this group. The local People Eating Tasty Animals chapter is making a wonderful reindeer dish this week.
Jeremy Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
wandlc
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Sorry I made it to the part where they claim that high cholesterol not only does not cause heart disease but that it is healthier to have high cholesterol rather than low cholestero.. Just couldn't take any more of that delicious, delicious tripe after that.
High cholesterol does not cause heart disease. The cholesterol is used by the body in an attempt to repair damage to the arterial wall caused by inflammation. The muscle of the artery ruptures the interior wall of the artery and the cholesterol is used to help repair the small rupture. Also, if a person has a cholesterol level that is low they are more prone to cancer. Cholesterol is part of the cell membrane that protects the cells. There are other maladies that befall people with low cholesterol. Generally speaking people with cholesterol levels lower than 140 die at a higher rate than people with cholesterol over 220. They die for different reasons but they are still dead.
wandlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #11
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,226
Default

PETA is getting an incredible amount of free pub as a result of the denial. They save the 3 mil, and get a whole lot of advertising.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

As usual, the reminder here is that Peta doesn't represent all vegetarians/animal lovers. They're an extremist group that doesn't speak for anyone except themselves.

I love how angry people get over this ****, though. It's fun.

A good analogy would be for someone unfamiliar with sports to assume that Raiders fans were the perfect model (and spoke for) all football fans.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

yeah, i had a nice steak for dinner and my junk still works fine. and i still don't give a damn about PETA.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:37 AM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,646
Default

PETA wastes peoples time and money. All those donations wasted on crap like this makes me sad. Better would be to give all those donations to try and cure Cancer, help sick kids, help homeless, anything but stupid commercials trying to get me to not eat meat.

Give up PETA freaks it ain't going to work. You waste your times, peoples money, and make zero difference in the world.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:33 AM   #15
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,733
Default

People Eating Tasty Animals
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
People Eating Tasty Animals
that play on words is as old as eating meat now.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #17
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,785
Default

Count me in for the group of people who don't wanna be hassled about personal preferences. Enough. Why do you care what i eat? Honestly? Hey, if eating meat REALLY makes you impotent then you don't have to worry about me reproducing too much, huh?

That said, you can be a vegetarian or vegan and still get all the necessary vitamins and minerals. It's just really expensive unless you have your own garden... not very easy to do in the city...
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #18
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Humans are admirably equipped to digest meat. That is the main job of the human stomach, which—unlike the stomach of the cow or rabbit—contains millions of cells that secrete hydrochloric acid. Our intestinal tract is much shorter than that of the vegetarian animals, but somewhat longer than that of purely carnivorous animals. Man is an omnivore—with teeth, stomach, intestines and bowel all designed to handle both animal and plant foods.
That's why we're the best, baby!
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I'm frying up some sea-kitten tonight. Yumsters!

Philosophically speaking, if God made an animal that is dumb, slow, and tastes really good, is he sending some kind of signal?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post






Starring Dortoh as the pizza delivery man...

thanks PETA. There is one more reason why we all can't be Porn Stars.

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #21
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,825

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm frying up some sea-kitten tonight. Yumsters!

Philosophically speaking, if God made an animal that is dumb, slow, and tastes really good, is he sending some kind of signal?
Jesus did eat fish.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #22
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

Philosophically speaking, if God made an animal that is dumb, slow, and tastes really good, is he sending some kind of signal?
sure

eat more fish, chicken, and beef
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #23
brother love
Pro Bowler
 
brother love's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lancaster, pa
Posts: 525
Default

How do they know that plants don't have feelings?
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #24
La Caspa Del Diablo
Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I do wish that we slaughtered cows in a more humane way though... it's pretty f'ed up.
Dead is dead.
La Caspa Del Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #25
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!
 
brncs_fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Coaches Cradle...Eastern Illinois University
Posts: 5,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo
Default

I look at PETA as one of those annoying kids on the playground. Let them hang around and they annoy you to death. Lash out at them and they run and tell on you. If you ignore them though, they go away.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Denver Broncos