The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default HS School Coach Stands Trial for Heat Death

Given that this death was totally avoidable, doesn't this coach deserve to go to prison for negligent homicide?
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28857582/
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Let's get real. The sun is the true culprit, It needs to be held accountable.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

hmm...

Did the player ever go to the coach and say he didnt feel well? Defintiely avoidable but practice takes place in all temperatures. Coaches constantly told us to drink plenty of water and if we felt bad tell them!

I just dont know if I put this coach away for this.. unless he denied the kids chance to sit out.
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

So this coach purposely with held water from the kids during the hottest part of the day? I remember being told by coaches in any sport "HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE". Its sad the kid died, but unless the coach didnt allow him to get water or took water from him, how is it the coach's fault?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
hmm...

Did the player ever go to the coach and say he didnt feel well? Defintiely avoidable but practice takes place in all temperatures. Coaches constantly told us to drink plenty of water and if we felt bad tell them!

I just dont know if I put this coach away for this.. unless he denied the kids chance to sit out.
Exactly.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

If the coach purposely withheld water, then string him up, but I really doubt that is the case. Accidents happen, maybe the kid just wanted to push it as hard as he could to prove something?

Maybe it's the parents fault for letting him play football
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I have a bum ankle from my highschool sports days. I'm thinking I may have found my golden ticket. Calling my lawyer now.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I feel bad for the parents and the team, but suing isn't going to bring their boy back. It's also sad when parents pursue this line of reaction the know it's nobody's fault. If one wishes to engage in that game, then who's fault is it that the boy was out there playing football?

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 01-26-2009 at 12:06 PM..
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I feel bad for the parents and the team, but suing isn't going to bring their boy back. It's also sad when parents pursue this line of reaction the know it's nobodies fault. If one wishes to engage that game, then who's fault is it that the boy was out there playing football?
obviously it is the fault of the NFL, the players, the television/radio stations that air the game, and the merchants who produce the NFL products for glorifying the game. I would include them all in this lawsuit. IMHO

Last edited by Hotrod; 01-26-2009 at 11:30 AM..
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Given that this death was totally avoidable, doesn't this coach deserve to go to prison for negligent homicide?
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28857582/
Maybe.

No - If the coach was like every other coach in america and told his players to keep hydrated and in hot temps, make sure you took a break from time to time.

Yes - If the coach refused to allow players breaks and/or get water or didn't properly inform moronic teenagers that you need to keep hydrated and not overexert yourself in extreme heat.

Im leanign towards no. I played HS football for one semester in Houston Texas and if you know anything about HS football in Texas its that coaches are bad ass hard working dudes that push you to your limits but they ALWAYS tell you to keep hydrated and if you dont feel well they WILL let you sit for a few minutes. However, without all the facts it could be that this coach truly is a dip**** moron and didnt let his kids drink water aplenty or take breaks when needed. I dont know, but Im doubtful thats the case.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Maybe.

No - If the coach was like every other coach in america and told his players to keep hydrated and in hot temps, make sure you took a break from time to time.

Yes - If the coach refused to allow players breaks and/or get water or didn't properly inform moronic teenagers that you need to keep hydrated and not overexert yourself in extreme heat.

Im leanign towards no. I played HS football for one semester in Houston Texas and if you know anything about HS football in Texas its that coaches are bad ass hard working dudes that push you to your limits but they ALWAYS tell you to keep hydrated and if you dont feel well they WILL let you sit for a few minutes. However, without all the facts it could be that this coach truly is a dip**** moron and didnt let his kids drink water aplenty or take breaks when needed. I dont know, but Im doubtful thats the case.
I agree. I can only imagine that the DA doesn't know anything about football, or this coach had a history of doing the nazi thing on the kids. Judging by community reaction, the coach has a lot of support.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote