The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Good McDaniels interview with Woody Paige

In the Denver Post today - read it at:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11543218

I like this quote:

"we've got a lot of room for improvement on offense, in our kicking game, on defense. There's not one specific area. We need to get better everywhere. I am all about all of them."

I know the defense has been the focus and I'm anxious to see what changes McDaniels will bring there, but to hear him say the offense has "alot of room for improvement" is interesting.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post

I like this quote:

"we've got a lot of room for improvement on offense, in our kicking game, on defense. There's not one specific area. We need to get better everywhere. I am all about all of them."

I know the defense has been the focus and I'm anxious to see what changes McDaniels will bring there, but to hear him say the offense has "alot of room for improvement" is interesting.

Why is it a shocker Denver easily could use another WR and RB with gamebreaker speed on O. It is just overshadowed by a really bad D. Our O was not as good as it should have been. We had a decent running game for a few weeks. Getting hit like we did at RB was unreal but, considering our running game was not that great Jay had decent time to throw most of the year.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 01-25-2009 at 12:39 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Is anyone else excited about getting that TE coach from the Chargers. I mean the guy made Crumpler and Gates All-Pros ..... next up TS baby!!!
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Sodak
Clueless...

Who stole my avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
Is anyone else excited about getting that TE coach from the Chargers. I mean the guy made Crumpler and Gates All-Pros ..... next up TS baby!!!

Yeah, if he can stay healty. I wonder if he'll keep floppy Putzier around?
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thats terrific!
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Scoring in the red zone and short yardage could use improvement.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Our entire offense needs to be looked at. Outside the normal 15 sripted plays there were weeks towards the end of the season it looked anemic and disfunctional. I know the 6-7 RB IR guys hurt us but None of those guys were big time playmakers and I thought Jay did a lousy job of keeping his head in the games at times and his pouty indifferent attitude was frustrating to watch. At some point he needs to become a leader and carry this team and I didn't see it this year. Its for these reasons I'm really happy bates is gone and McDaniels will refocus on the offense as well as building up the Defense.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Our entire offense needs to be looked at. Outside the normal 15 sripted plays there were weeks towards the end of the season it looked anemic and disfunctional. I know the 6-7 RB IR guys hurt us but None of those guys were big time playmakers and I thought Jay did a lousy job of keeping his head in the games at times and his pouty indifferent attitude was frustrating to watch. At some point he needs to become a leader and carry this team and I didn't see it this year. Its for these reasons I'm really happy bates is gone and McDaniels will refocus on the offense as well as building up the Defense.
Excellent Post You are 100% correct.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
No he didn't.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No he didn't.
Wasn't he the guy that went to univ of Minn Brewster?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No he didn't.
Really?

"The Denver Broncos on Friday hired Clancy Barone as tight ends coach, it was announced.

Barone, who spent the past two NFL seasons in the same position with the San Diego Chargers, has five years of NFL experience, including his time with the Atlanta Falcons from 2004-06. In his each of his four seasons as a tight ends coach in the NFL, one of his players led his team in receptions. Barone's tight ends totaled four Pro Bowl berths and one All-Pro selection.

Barone, 45, mentored Chargers tight end Antonio Gates in his two seasons with the club as his star pupil caught 135 passes for 1,688 yards and tied for an NFL-high among tight ends with 17 touchdown receptions over that span.

Before his stint in San Diego, Barone was the tight ends coach for the Atlanta Falcons from 2005-06 and helped tight end Alge Crumpler earn a trip to the Pro Bowl in both seasons, including his All-Pro selection in 2006. He entered his coaching career in the NFL as the assistant offensive line coach for the Falcons in 2004.

Before his NFL coaching career, Barone spent 17 seasons coaching in the collegiate ranks primarily with the offensive line. During that span, 27 offensive linemen who played for him signed NFL contracts. He coached five Outland Award (awarded to the best collegiate interior lineman) semifinalists and three Rimington Award (awarded to the nation's best collegiate center) semifinalists."

Gee Rev, Guess 1 all pro and 4 trips to the probowl isn't two guys to all pro so it rates the sarcastic post, eh? How about adding something to the thread instead of just being a punk?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post

I like this quote:

is is obvious the offense needs work. we left at least 10 points on the field almost every game. we couldn't run the ball to save our lives, too many dropped passes, bad bubble screens every other play.

we had the 2nd most yards gained as an offense but we were like 16th in points scored. the entire team needs a lot of work.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Really?

"The Denver Broncos on Friday hired Clancy Barone as tight ends coach, it was announced.

Barone, who spent the past two NFL seasons in the same position with the San Diego Chargers, has five years of NFL experience, including his time with the Atlanta Falcons from 2004-06. In his each of his four seasons as a tight ends coach in the NFL, one of his players led his team in receptions. Barone's tight ends totaled four Pro Bowl berths and one All-Pro selection.

Barone, 45, mentored Chargers tight end Antonio Gates in his two seasons with the club as his star pupil caught 135 passes for 1,688 yards and tied for an NFL-high among tight ends with 17 touchdown receptions over that span.

Before his stint in San Diego, Barone was the tight ends coach for the Atlanta Falcons from 2005-06 and helped tight end Alge Crumpler earn a trip to the Pro Bowl in both seasons, including his All-Pro selection in 2006. He entered his coaching career in the NFL as the assistant offensive line coach for the Falcons in 2004.

Before his NFL coaching career, Barone spent 17 seasons coaching in the collegiate ranks primarily with the offensive line. During that span, 27 offensive linemen who played for him signed NFL contracts. He coached five Outland Award (awarded to the best collegiate interior lineman) semifinalists and three Rimington Award (awarded to the nation's best collegiate center) semifinalists."

Gee Rev, Guess 1 all pro and 4 trips to the probowl isn't two guys to all pro so it rates the sarcastic post, eh? How about adding something to the thread instead of just being a punk?
And how many probowls did Gates and Crumpler have before he showed up to "coach them up"?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Why is it a shocker Denver easily could use another WR and RB with gamebreaker speed on O. It is just overshadowed by a really bad D. Our O was not as good as it should have been. We had a decent running game for a few weeks. Getting hit like we did at RB was unreal but, considering our running game was not that great Jay had decent time to throw most of the year.
why does that surprise you? The offense was 16th or something like that in points scored. That will not get it done.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Wasn't he the guy that went to univ of Minn Brewster?
Yeah, couldn't remember his name but someone was kind enough to remind me in a different thread a few days back.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
why does that surprise you? The offense was 16th or something like that in points scored. That will not get it done.
Very true, but the Shanahan fluffers like to say our offense was 2nd best in the NFL and that the O rebuild was masterful and complete.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
DB Doom
super villian

check out the big brain on Brad...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

reads real well, forgot it was Woody for a moment.
exciting.
DB Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Very true, but the Shanahan fluffers like to say our offense was 2nd best in the NFL and that the O rebuild was masterful and complete.
it was a decent offense with a lot of holes, it just looked incredible in comparison with our terrible defense.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #19
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

McDaniels said he is typical of his age category: "I can text message. I can use a computer."

Shazaam!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I for one am very excited about him. I could be wrong but so far so good.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #21
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
It piled up a lot of yards for sure but Cutler and the team can improve in the redzone area.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #22
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
I for one am very excited about him. I could be wrong but so far so good.
I am too this will be fun.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #23
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
It piled up a lot of yards for sure but Cutler and the team can improve in the redzone area.

Shanny being such a guru on offense I never could figure out why we were so weak in the red zone in his era.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #24
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Hard part's been done, and anyone who denies that simply doesn't know football.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #25
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
McDaniels came to the Broncos when he had other choices, because "I was so impressed with Mr. (Pat) Bowlen, that gutless drunk" .
baja is offline   Reply With Quote