The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam
Default OT: Give it up for stay-at-home parents!

Man...I'm on a 90 day vacation from work and my wife is TDY....So I'm home with twin 2 year olds and a 3 month old. I'll tell you what, there is no harder job on this planet then staying at home taking care of the kids. So If there are any home makers on this board...here's to you! I don't know if I can make it for the 3 weeks she's gonna be gone
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
Man...I'm on a 90 day vacation from work and my wife is TDY....So I'm home with twin 2 year olds and a 3 month old. I'll tell you what, there is no harder job on this planet then staying at home taking care of the kids. So If there are any home makers on this board...here's to you! I don't know if I can make it for the 3 weeks she's gonna be gone

You sir have my condolences and pity stay strong soldier just remember you are not a PBJ making machine you are the king of that messed up castle.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I'm thrilled to be able to have my wife being a full-time Mom. We wouldn't have it any other way.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm thrilled to be able to have my wife being a full-time Mom. We wouldn't have it any other way.
you and me both .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Ha ha, you have 3 kids who have their own personal slaves for the next 10 years or so. Things just magically appear for them whenever they beg, cry, grumble ask nicely etc. Plus they don't even have to wipe themselves!! Life doesn't get any better than that! I miss many things about my kids' (now 5 and 9) early years but diapers is not one of them.

Yes our wives work their butts off. My hat is tipped even further to the single mom's out there....
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
Call me sexist, but Women are just naturally better at raising kids then men. They are better cooks and better disciplinarians. They have IT. Of course there are exceptions but it's hard to argue this. After my daughter was born my wife stayed home for two and a half years before we sent her to daycare. If you can do that I highly reccomend it even if you have to make serious budget cutbacks. It's worth it.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

Im a stay at home dad and I love it, I pretty much run the house. All my wife has to do is go to work, I handle everything else. She loves it too because she is very well taken care of.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I dont know how my wife handles the triplets , I guess when it is a labor of love , nothing is to hard ........... When I come in off of a run , they maul me , we hug , wrestle , play etc ........ then I let my wife escape for a few hours from them , by the time my wife gets back , I am half way up the wall
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

It was certainly a change for me, I was a commercial door fabricator and service tech. I got laid off and our family daycare moved away around the same time. So it was decided I would stay home for a bit. Almost 3 years later and my wife is thinking I should get back to work soon, but not too soon.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I stayed home with my 6 kids until the youngest was 3 and the oldest was 14. To this day I say it's much easier going to work than staying home with the kids. But I'm thankful I had that time with them.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I love Mira (who is 2 and change) but don't see how people can watch them every day....I'd looney....Again, I love her....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Call me sexist, but Women are just naturally better at raising kids then men. They are better cooks and better disciplinarians. They have IT. Of course there are exceptions but it's hard to argue this. After my daughter was born my wife stayed home for two and a half years before we sent her to daycare. If you can do that I highly reccomend it even if you have to make serious budget cutbacks. It's worth it.
I will debate this until the end. Some of us men are damn good cooks, do not sell us short on this skill set.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I stayed home with my 6 kids until the youngest was 3 and the oldest was 14. To this day I say it's much easier going to work than staying home with the kids. But I'm thankful I had that time with them.
Some experts say that your children are who they are gonna be by the time they are two years old. I think your children were much better off with you than in daycare.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I will debate this until the end. Some of us men are damn good cooks, do not sell us short on this skill set.
HAHAH I also said there were exceptions!! I covered my ass on that!!