The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Here in Albuquerque

Sitting at the TA ( after getting a lecture from a state trooper about breaking curfew) I go into the restaurant to get some eats , wearing a Denver Bronco shirt , when this smart ass kid walks up , grins and says so what about Shanahan ? i said what about him ? he said he got fired .i said yeah so ? he said was it a good move ? i said good move by who ? ( now i am getting under his skin something he wanted to do to me ) he said nevermind . I said good , cause frankly your a punk and dealing with the likes of you is better for me after Ieat cause right now I am hungry and easily irritable , and kicking a mans ass on a empty stomach is something I dont want to do .......... By now a few people are looking , this goof walks outside comes back with a C.B. Antenna...All I could do was laugh ...........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

Did you make him eat it?
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Did you make him eat it?
Naw he didnt get aggressive , besides my Chicken fried steak was coming
I put him in his place that was enough
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,761

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

by the dialogue sounds to me like the punk was just trying to make friendly conversation with you about the Broncos.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I wasnt going to post this cause I dont think it was funny , and i feel bad . I was waiting in line to pay my check ,This guy with clear mental problems , walks up and says Gay and points to this rack of movies .... i said excuse me sir , I didnt hear you , could you repeat that ? he said Gay alot louder , I said gay ? is someone bothering you ? then this lady stepped in and said he is saying Games ..... he thinks all of those are games .... she takes this man by the hand and leads him back and helps him .......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
by the dialogue sounds to me like the punk was just trying to make friendly conversation with you about the Broncos.
naw , you can tell when someone is genuine and when they are being a smart ass ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,761

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
naw , you can tell when someone is genuine and when they are being a smart ass ........
yeah...just by what you posted, didnt look like the guy was being a smartass.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #8
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
yeah...just by what you posted, didnt look like the guy was being a smartass.
I know .probably worked out better for him , if I had taken him seriously I would have went into a long rant about Shanny as the GM vs Shanny as the HC .......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I wasnt going to post this cause I dont think it was funny , and i feel bad . I was waiting in line to pay my check ,This guy with clear mental problems , walks up and says Gay and points to this rack of movies .... i said excuse me sir , I didnt hear you , could you repeat that ? he said Gay alot louder , I said gay ? is someone bothering you ? then this lady stepped in and said he is saying Games ..... he thinks all of those are games .... she takes this man by the hand and leads him back and helps him .......

Strange things are afoot at the TA.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #10
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

When Spide posts stuff like this, it always reminds me of the Jerky Boys
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Your social skills are good man, you really told that kid.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #12
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,835
Default

I think you should use your people skills on the truck stop hookers then take pics of them to post here once you've angered them.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:58 AM   #13
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I think you should use your people skills on the truck stop hookers then take pics of them to post here once you've angered them.
Maybe I'll take a week off this summer and just document Spider's week and post it all here.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #14
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

My nephew just dropped in on us last night in Atlanta to pick up a 5 year old fuel tanker trailer he bought off of a guy up in Cleveland. Went with him up to Chattanooga to get it. Pretty cool riding in the rig. Just wanted to toss out some props to you Spider and all the folks who haul the load for a living. People really don't have a clue how much we depend on you guys to get us the things we need. The gent that dropped the trailer from Cleveland was picking up a load and heading for Wyoming. He said most of the older guys won't take those runs this time of year!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
My nephew just dropped in on us last night in Atlanta to pick up a 5 year old fuel tanker trailer he bought off of a guy up in Cleveland. Went with him up to Chattanooga to get it. Pretty cool riding in the rig. Just wanted to toss out some props to you Spider and all the folks who haul the load for a living. People really don't have a clue how much we depend on you guys to get us the things we need. The gent that dropped the trailer from Cleveland was picking up a load and heading for Wyoming. He said most of the older guys won't take those runs this time of year!
thanks bro ....... Yeah alot of guys wont come west until mid may ..nice ride from Chatt to Cleveland ......... Tanker drivers = some highly skilled drivers no doubt ....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #16
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I think you should use your people skills on the truck stop hookers then take pics of them to post here once you've angered them.
...
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #17
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Maybe I'll take a week off this summer and just document Spider's week and post it all here.
Ride along with spider program
after 1 week you would come away with a different out look on truckers ...... and understand our awesome people skills
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
thanks bro ....... Yeah alot of guys wont come west until mid may ..nice ride from Chatt to Cleveland ......... Tanker drivers = some highly skilled drivers no doubt ....
We are real proud of the Nephew. He was headed down a bad path as a kid, but decided that if my wife could make it in the Marines he could make it in the Navy. Ended up a Machinist Mate. Did great, got out got married to a great gal who was only a couple of years away from retiring as a Sr Chief. She opened a bakery and he went to school to learn to drive a rig, got his HASMAT licence and started hauling fuel from the depot in Jacksonville, FL. He's building his own company and is doing a great job of it. Just a squared away good guy who has found a niche and is working his fanny off. Sorry for the rambling, but I am real happy for him. Just needed some guidance and direction.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #19
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
We are real proud of the Nephew. He was headed down a bad path as a kid, but decided that if my wife could make it in the Marines he could make it in the Navy. Ended up a Machinist Mate. Did great, got out got married to a great gal who was only a couple of years away from retiring as a Sr Chief. She opened a bakery and he went to school to learn to drive a rig, got his HASMAT licence and started hauling fuel from the depot in Jacksonville, FL. He's building his own company and is doing a great job of it. Just a squared away good guy who has found a niche and is working his fanny off. Sorry for the rambling, but I am real happy for him. Just needed some guidance and direction.
Mega props to the Nephew ..... ramble away , nothing wrong with being proud
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #20
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Funny how things work out, Spider. He was laughing this morning before he headed out talking about how he never thought he would end up doing this, but that now he couldn't imagine doing anything else. He has it pretty good, though. His customers are all within 50 miles of the fuel terminal in Jacksonville. It took him a couple of years to learn the ropes and develope a good repore with the customers and the terminal folks, but he is on his way now.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #21
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Funny how things work out, Spider. He was laughing this morning before he headed out talking about how he never thought he would end up doing this, but that now he couldn't imagine doing anything else. He has it pretty good, though. His customers are all within 50 miles of the fuel terminal in Jacksonville. It took him a couple of years to learn the ropes and develope a good repore with the customers and the terminal folks, but he is on his way now.
sweet , some guys are just naturals at it , I was .... like operating Heavy equipment , some guys can just do it , A lot of us cant
but I have to get my VI done and get rolling , curfew is just about over ( 9:00 am ) put my tin in the wind roll some tires ,shift some gears and get some gone ... I will be unloaded today @ 2:00 pm , talk to you some more after that
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #22
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Have a good one, Bro' and take care out there.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #23
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

You wanna no whats cool? It's not being an a-hole to people making conversation, but making a thread about it.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #24
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,595
Default

Chicken fried steak. Excellent.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #25
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 2,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Chicken fried steak. Excellent.
, tatstes good, but jacks your blood sugar levels up! (well, at least mine). The breading and gravy are all about the carbs!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Denver Broncos