The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
cutlerfan
Seasoned Veteran

Laser coming at you

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler
Default Cutler talks about Bates

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...r-broncos.html

Here's a statement from Cutler released today by the Broncos via USC:

Jeremy is one of the best offensive minds in football. He was extremely innovative with our offense and took our playbook to the next level with some of the things he did, keeping defenses off balance and changing our look but at the same time keeping it simple for us players. Some of the things he did were amazing to watch. He was always watching other teams and coming up with new ideas for our offense. He helped me grow into my third NFL season and helped me reach the Pro Bowl along with some of the other goals I set for myself. As a unit, our offense became one of the most productive in the league with Jeremy calling plays. He brought a lot of excitement to the meeting room and on the field. He made me want to come to work every day and get better. Jeremy will do great things in his new role, and USC couldn't have picked a better guy.

-- Gary Klein
cutlerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Why no statement about McD? Hope things are ok.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

It was something FROM USC. not a general interview with cutler. people need to friggin relax on this thing...cutler isnt a three year old that had his favorite toy taken away.

Unless his favorite toy is the bubble screen
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Cutler needs to talk more and discuss with the new regime how to cut down on his turnovers. Until he get's those under control Broncos won't be top 5 in scoring which is all that matters.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Why make a statement about McD? It's just a statement on Bates getting a new job. It's your standard endorsement statement given out through the PR guys.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
cutlerfan
Seasoned Veteran

Laser coming at you

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

I just think its very stupid to mess with the Offense! Why did we not hire a defensive coach for the HC to revamp the entire defense and leave the offense alone!!

Freaking retarded!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Dude we got the guy who's offense we modeled ours after in a big way. The offense will be fine.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerfan View Post
I just think its very stupid to mess with the Offense! Why did we not hire a defensive coach for the HC to revamp the entire defense and leave the offense alone!!

Freaking retarded!
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008...en-up-offense/

Quote:
ENGLEWOOD -- Mike Shanahan hasn't started wearing hoodies with the sleeves cut off like coaching counterpart Bill Belichick, but the Denver Broncos have borrowed some ideas from the New England Patriots.

For those who figured the Broncos' offensive attack looked a little like last year's Patriots, with spread formations and a lot of passes, you'd be right.

"We really liked what the Patriots were doing with some of their empty sets," quarterback Jay Cutler said, referring to some offseason study. "We've got similar weapons with our guys, with our tight ends and our backs are able to get out.

"Offensively we kind of matched up with what they were doing and we thought we might put it in, and it's working so far."
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Freaking retarded!
quit whining and get used to mcdaniels, hell be here for 3-5 years minimum, hopefully he proves himself well enough to be here longer.

there is a reason spags almost didnt get a job, he defaulted into rams job because garrett wanted too much money. there is a LOT we dont know about the situation, so why not support bowlen and his decision
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #10
cutlerfan
Seasoned Veteran

Laser coming at you

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
quit whining and get used to mcdaniels, hell be here for 3-5 years minimum, hopefully he proves himself well enough to be here longer.

there is a reason spags almost didnt get a job, he defaulted into rams job because garrett wanted too much money. there is a LOT we dont know about the situation, so why not support bowlen and his decision
We are a 2nd ranked Offensive team and 28th and lower in Defense and you want me to not be upset?
To quote Kramer, "Crazy Talk!!"

This is so ass backwards!!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #11
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Why make a statement about McD? It's just a statement on Bates getting a new job. It's your standard endorsement statement given out through the PR guys.
He should've made a statement about McD already, not to say he needed to say anything about McD in this statement. I just wonder why he hasn't said anything about it.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:

Freaking retarded!
We needed our HC to be a talented motivator and to breath fresh life into the franchise.

We need our DC to fix the defence.

Chill out buddy.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
Why no statement about McD? Hope things are ok.
Jesus ****ing Christ.......
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
We are a 2nd ranked Offensive team and 28th and lower in Defense and you want me to not be upset?

Because the offensive guy Shannahan had total control and kept drafting and signing crappy defensive players. Shannahan not good at building a defense and he's a control freak. That isn't a good combo to have if you want good defense.

Broncos were not the 2nd best offense though. It's all about scoring and when you turn ball over in end zone it negates the yrdage you racked up to get there.

Do you really see Denver as 2nd best offense? The turnover problem been around going back to Plummer so IMO the offense also needs a lot of work.

Cutler turns ball over like last yr and he won't win but 4-5 games.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #15
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Jesus ****ing Christ.......
I have moved on from Shanny and Bates, and I have accepted the new direction. B Marsh has a statement out, and last I heard from Cutler is that he is upset about Shanny being fired and wants Bates to be here. I know that it is knee jerk comments, but I would like to have our star QB say something about the new coach. That's it. It is probably too late to say anything, maybe at the Pro Bowl. I just would like to know that the team is going to be paddling in the same direction.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I guess even Jay can fall victim to a man-crush
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

yes because now with shanny gone we have some hope for a defense that isnt horrible.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #18
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

I am pumped for new defensive coaches, I just wish shanny would have let go some of his control so he coudl still be our coach, I'm gonna miss that guy. However maybe J-Mac will find a place in my bronco heart (that sounded pretty lame, but you guys know what I mean)
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #19
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Cutler and McD have talked on the phone. He hasn't met him and he shouldn't make a statement. Except I will be there for OTA's and will do what my coach says. Thats all that is required from a player.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 01-20-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Old 01-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
I have moved on from Shanny and Bates, and I have accepted the new direction. B Marsh has a statement out, and last I heard from Cutler is that he is upset about Shanny being fired and wants Bates to be here. I know that it is knee jerk comments, but I would like to have our star QB say something about the new coach. That's it. It is probably too late to say anything, maybe at the Pro Bowl. I just would like to know that the team is going to be paddling in the same direction.
I'm worried about Cutlers demeanor. I don't want to be worried but I can't help it he comes off arrogant and cocky to me. I do think WR dropped a lot of his balls and that would get any QB frustrated, but in many ways he doesn't seem like a great leader at this point because of his body language on the field sometimes. He often seems to mope around like a little baby.

I love is arm and talent but worry about him.

I wonder if Cutlers antics sort of made Bowlen feel the team did need a change. I think Shanny had lost the edge that makes players feel a sense of urgency.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Shanny and McD have talked on the phone. He hasn't met him and he shouldn't make a statement. Except I will be there for OTA's and will do what my coach says. Thats all that is required from a player.
What position is Shanny trying out for?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #22
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanhr9 View Post
I am pumped for new defensive coaches, I just wish shanny would have let go some of his control so he coudl still be our coach, I'm gonna miss that guy. However maybe J-Mac will find a place in my bronco heart (that sounded pretty lame, but you guys know what I mean)
McD will become a Bronco in my mind when he keeps scoring on a NE that he has already beaten.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #23
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Shanny and McD have talked on the phone. He hasn't met him and he shouldn't make a statement. Except I will be there for OTA's and will do what my coach says. Thats all that is required from a player.
I know you meant Jay, but I think it would've gone a long way for the face of the Franchise(Cutler) to make a statement after McD got hired. That would have been the right thing to do.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
What position is Shanny trying out for?
yeah I was in a hurry.

And it makes no difference if Cutler makes a statement. McD is his coach he is under contract. No reason to make a statement he has nothing to say.

Heck Cutler might be saying he wants surprise butt secks McD by training camp. Stop freaking out people.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #25
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
yeah I was in a hurry.

And it makes no difference if Cutler makes a statement. McD is his coach he is under contract. No reason to make a statement he has nothing to say.

Heck Cutler might be saying he wants surprise butt secks McD by training camp. Stop freaking out people.
He wants to give McD "the Shocker".

I just find it interesting that he had something to say when Bates leaves, but is unavailable for comment when McD is hired.