The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #201
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

I thought The Wrestler was about as average as they come. Mickey was really impressive but the movie was forgettable.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #202
DB Doom
super villian

check out the big brain on Brad...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

thx for Wrestler input,...the directer of that there film, Aronofsky, is amazing. he gets the most out of his actors...his last movie, The Fountain was a bit much for some as was Requiem For A Dream (Pi was his first) but you cant deny the acting, and his scores are super tight, usually by Clint Mansell.....who used to be the guy behind Pop Will Eat Itself....anyone, anyone...?

look forward to seeing it.
DB Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #203
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

aronofsky is doing the new robocop movie. i think it comes out next year.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #204
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

I saw, some chick flick today, "He's Just Not that Into you" or somehting....what is really weird is they were playing it in the IMAX theater...why? don't get that. But it was okay, nothing I will probalby run out and buy and it had some funny moments, but it was just okay. Needed to do something while they take 900 hours to fix my car.
Miss I. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #205
Malcontent
Life....on tap.

Got Mustard?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
I saw, some chick flick today, "He's Just Not that Into you" or somehting....what is really weird is they were playing it in the IMAX theater...why? don't get that. But it was okay, nothing I will probalby run out and buy and it had some funny moments, but it was just okay. Needed to do something while they take 900 hours to fix my car.
My wife wants to see that..it has tons of B list stars in it, which is a dead giveaway that it might suck.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #206
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Haven't read this thread all the way through so I'm not sure if anyone said anything about Slumdog Millionaire.

Slumdog Millionaire is a definite must watch. If not at the theaters, then to rent.

Just a really good movie, a bit sad overall but really good.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #207
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Just saw a real good bootleg copy of Taken and it was an alright film not bad at all. I do have to say that Liam Neeson can play a bad ass if anyone questioned that.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #208
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
My wife wants to see that..it has tons of B list stars in it, which is a dead giveaway that it might suck.
It also has Ben Affleck

He is a kiss of death if you want your movie to be worth anything

Outside of "Good Will Hunting" he hasnt done anything significant
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #209
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
It also has Ben Affleck

Actually, I thought that one about the guy who played Superman was pretty good. And Chasing Amy I love and Mallrats (hmm sensing a Kevin Smith theme) and Dogma.

And it wasn't all B List: Jennifer Anniston is not really B list, nor is Scarlett Johannson or Drew Barrymore. It was just okay is all.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #210
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Just watched "Pride and Glory" with Edward Norton , NYPD blue movie w/ cops gone bad. Pretty well done movie. acting was really good, plot was intense, and isn't a bad flick. Worth seeing.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #211
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We just saw Push.

It was two hours of my life I'll never get back.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #212
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Watchmen,

Everything else will be irrelevant until i see this movie. lol
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #213
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Just watched "Pride and Glory" with Edward Norton , NYPD blue movie w/ cops gone bad. Pretty well done movie. acting was really good, plot was intense, and isn't a bad flick. Worth seeing.
I got that and RocknRolla earlier this week from Netflix and both weren't bad at all.

I agree with Pride and Glory for the most part except I thought it dragged a little in the middle but it was good though.

RocknRolla starts out slow but it gives you the backstory at what is going on in the movie and then it picks up with a good ending.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #214
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
She was in fact naked in Brokeback Mountain, but my guess the film you are referring to is a winner called Havoc. See link below:

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2427191577/
That is the movie, and it plays on IFC once to twice a month. Movie is so-so, and it does have mature theme, with a couple of sex scenes.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #215
DB Doom
super villian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

It also has Ben Affleck

while i agree with this statement mostly, he wasnt too bad in Changing Lanes, and he totally achieved with Gone Baby Gone..his brother obviously has the acting chops, Ben has talent...Hollywood tried to make him a leading man...it didnt work...
Old 02-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #216
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Doom View Post
It also has Ben Affleck

while i agree with this statement mostly, he wasnt too bad in Changing Lanes, and he totally achieved with Gone Baby Gone..his brother obviously has the acting chops, Ben has talent...Hollywood tried to make him a leading man...it didnt work...
For a while i would agree with this....Gigli which I rented really and truly was the worst piece of filmmaking possibly in the history of movies.

However:
i still think a few of his collaborations with Kevin Smith were good: (NOT Jersey Girl) but Chasing Amy and Dogma were quite good. And mallrats his part was small but funny.

Also Hollywoodland was very good I thought, very 40s noir and he was very believeable as a frustrated B movie actor (go figure).

And some of his other stuff (more supporting roles, he's better in those I think):
School Ties,
Dazed and Confused
Glory Daze

Now, I do think Matt Damon is a much better actor, but he went through a stupid movie phase too.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #217
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
For a while i would agree with this....Gigli which I rented really and truly was the worst piece of filmmaking possibly in the history of movies.

However:
i still think a few of his collaborations with Kevin Smith were good: (NOT Jersey Girl) but Chasing Amy and Dogma were quite good. And mallrats his part was small but funny.

Also Hollywoodland was very good I thought, very 40s noir and he was very believeable as a frustrated B movie actor (go figure).

And some of his other stuff (more supporting roles, he's better in those I think):
School Ties,
Dazed and Confused
Glory Daze

Now, I do think Matt Damon is a much better actor, but he went through a stupid movie phase too.
I wonder if he even mentions to anyone that he did Stuck on You.

But I think he did have a pretty good and funny suprise cameo in Eurotrip
Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #218
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

About the Wrestler, anybody know anything about how Mickey Rourke bulked up for that? And does he have friends at BALCO?
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #219
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownPoster View Post
About the Wrestler, anybody know anything about how Mickey Rourke bulked up for that? And does he have friends at BALCO?
I am telling you guys, If you want to see a really good flick that is very very twisted see Towel Head. It is so messed up that I am still talking about it a week later. Here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5GkzCroinY
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #220
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownPoster View Post
Nothing has been confirmed but rumors have been out for awhile that he did some steroids. http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/a...114rourke.html
Quote:
Mickey Rourke has hinted he took steroids for his role in 'The Wrestler'.

The actor has revealed he piled on the pounds for his role as Randy 'The Ram' Robinson in the acclaimed movie - which earned him a Golden Globe award on Sunday - by eating up to seven meals a day and training hard with an Israeli cage fighter.

But Rourke, 56, has suggested he had additional help creating his hulking physique with banned body-building substances.When asked if he used steroids to bulk up, Rourke told Men's Journal magazine: "When I'm a wrestler, I behave like a wrestler."
Old 02-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #221
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalBull View Post
Nothing has been confirmed but rumors have been out for awhile that he did some steroids. http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/a...114rourke.html
No doubt about that - expecially considering his age and that he's a 'method actor'. He looked freakish.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #222
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

I am trying to figure out what happened to his face, I mean I know he boxed, but I think there must be some messed up plastic surgery involved.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #223
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I am trying to figure out what happened to his face, I mean I know he boxed, but I think there must be some messed up plastic surgery involved.
I've decided most plastic surgery is a bad idea. It's the same thing with hair pieces. Maybe there are really good hair pieces; but you don't notice them because they are, you know, really good. All I know is that I can spot most hair pieces from 80 feet away. It always makes me wonder if a person is so delusional and paranoid about their looks that they become completely unaware of their ridiculousness.

Substitute "plastic surgery" for "hair pieces," and you have the same concept.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #224
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Just earlier this week there was this show called something like When Plastic Surgery Goes Wrong. It featured all different celebs and one of them was Rourke. They were talking about how he boxed and how we had a bad surgery and gotten work done way too many times.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #225
DB Doom
super villian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

back to ol Ben for a sec..i knew i forgot one..Dazed and Confused. That is a gem i recently got on Criterion, such a classic film...Rourke pretty much said he did some "steroids"...he also actually cuts himself in the film, like wrestlers do..(gigging)..he's the ****..crazy bastard.