The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #226
DB Doom
super villian
 
DB Doom's Avatar
 
check out the big brain on Brad...

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ..permanently floating
Posts: 116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

watch Bottle Rocket..its very funny with nice doses of heart spread about..its Owen Wilson and his brother in their first movie i think.
DB Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #227
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
Also Hollywoodland was very good I thought, very 40s noir and he was very believeable as a frustrated B movie actor (go figure).
I was about to mention Hollywoodland before I saw your post. I thought it was very good. Of course, I generally love movies based on real life events...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #228
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Getting ready to go see a movie. Deciding between Taken, Gran Torino, Push and Slumdog Millionaire.

I'd like to see Gran Torino and will see it eventually. Wife wants to see Taken and I know that I will enjoy that as well. Push looks pretty cool but a lot of people didn't care for it... Why? Slumdog looks like it will be good but I think I'll wait for it to come out on Blueray.

Is Gran Torino sad? Are we better off seeing Taken?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #229
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

Here's my take, take it for what it's worth:
1. I enjoyed Taken, it has action and sentiment. Liam Neeson kicks serious butt and I liked it.
2. No opinion on Push or Gran Torino, haven't seen them.
3. Slumdog is probably my favorite Oscar film of the year. Well acted, interesting, a bit sad at points, but good.

Of those Taken is good on the big screen, I am thinking knowing what I do Gran Torino is probably a rental. Slumdog is kind of cool on the big screen because of the scenery in India and some of the action sequences.

You might ask Nancy boy his take, he seems to be fairly smart on movies and I tend to agree with him on a lot.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #230
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot
 
ShutDownPoster's Avatar
 
Bell Biv DVOA

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
Here's my take, take it for what it's worth:
1. I enjoyed Taken, it has action and sentiment. Liam Neeson kicks serious butt and I liked it.2. No opinion on Push or Gran Torino, haven't seen them.
3. Slumdog is probably my favorite Oscar film of the year. Well acted, interesting, a bit sad at points, but good.

Of those Taken is good on the big screen, I am thinking knowing what I do Gran Torino is probably a rental. Slumdog is kind of cool on the big screen because of the scenery in India and some of the action sequences.

You might ask Nancy boy his take, he seems to be fairly smart on movies and I tend to agree with him on a lot.
I'd put the body count at about 40+
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #231
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Just got home from watching Taken. Predictable but fun and full of action. Reviews said B+ which sounds about right. Wife enjoyed it as well since she was in the mood for an action flick.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #232
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Watchmen,

Everything else will be irrelevant until i see this movie. lol
I just hope it's not a hack job. The book was phenom.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #233
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 6,020
Default

I saw Slumdog Millionaire

It got talked up by a lot of people as like one of the greatest movies ever, I dont think I saw a bad review.

It was a decent movie, but nothing too special IMO
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #234
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
I just hope it's not a hack job. The book was phenom.
If it sucks, there will be riots.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #235
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
If it sucks, there will be riots.
Even though Moore didn't like what was done with V, i thought V the movie wasn't bad for a movie being made from a book...if that makes sense.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #236
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
Even though Moore didn't like what was done with V, i thought V the movie wasn't bad for a movie being made from a book...if that makes sense.
They have fiddled with the ending apparently.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #237
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
They have fiddled with the ending apparently.
They did, and as the author - i understand Moore's sentiment towards it. But, as far as being a "movie" (a different medium than a book/graphic novel) - i thought it was "good" for being a movie.

Most artists will hate anything that anyone does to their material as blasphemy. Stephen King hated The Shining. But as a movie, i think it did a good job for what the book was like.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #238
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
They did, and as the author - i understand Moore's sentiment towards it. But, as far as being a "movie" (a different medium than a book/graphic novel) - i thought it was "good" for being a movie.

Most artists will hate anything that anyone does to their material as blasphemy. Stephen King hated The Shining. But as a movie, i think it did a good job for what the book was like.
Sorry, I meant Watchmen, not V. I have seen all the "art of" etc books that are coming out next week, the movie does not end like the book.

Fanboys will riot. Maybe.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #239
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
They did, and as the author - i understand Moore's sentiment towards it. But, as far as being a "movie" (a different medium than a book/graphic novel) - i thought it was "good" for being a movie.

Most artists will hate anything that anyone does to their material as blasphemy. Stephen King hated The Shining. But as a movie, i think it did a good job for what the book was like.
You can make good movies from books. Stephen King's Shining the tv movie was bloody awful. That one was faithful to the book. Shawshank, Carrie, Misery, Stand By Me, the Green Mile. Good movies from his books.

Alan Moore has removed himself as a credit from Watchmen, and is giving all of his profits from the movie to Dave Gibbons.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #240
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Sorry, I meant Watchmen, not V. I have seen all the "art of" etc books that are coming out next week, the movie does not end like the book.

Fanboys will riot. Maybe.
Sometimes it is interesting to see how things change for a movie. Besides, the books still exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
You can make good movies from books. Stephen King's Shining the tv movie was bloody awful. That one was faithful to the book. Shawshank, Carrie, Misery, Stand By Me, the Green Mile. Good movies from his books.

Alan Moore has removed himself as a credit from Watchmen, and is giving all of his profits from the movie to Dave Gibbons.

Agreed, and interesting on what more did with his profits.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #241
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
Sometimes it is interesting to see how things change for a movie. Besides, the books still exist.
Of course, but the final chapter of Watchmen is incredibly important to the whole story.

Moore must have given up millions of dollars.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #242
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Of course, but the final chapter of Watchmen is incredibly important to the whole story.

Moore must have given up millions of dollars.
Oh, i'm not disagreeing with you one bit.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #243
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Who the hell are Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #244
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Doom View Post
watch Bottle Rocket..its very funny with nice doses of heart spread about..its Owen Wilson and his brother in their first movie i think.
Bottle Rocket is a misnomer if there ever was one. Its called Bottle Rocket but the story flows like a bottle floating in the ocean. Ive tried watching it a few times but it just seems kind of slow moving. Its not Gerry(Matt Damon/Casey Affleck) slow but its still slow.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #245
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Who the hell are Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Moore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gibbons
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #246
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Who the hell are Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #247
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Just heard that Universal is turning this into a movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=larWIi0I0VA

Could actually wind up being pretty bad ass. The guy who did the Bourne Ultimatum is writing the script and the director from Friday Night Lights is directing
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #248
DB Doom
super villian
 
DB Doom's Avatar
 
check out the big brain on Brad...

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ..permanently floating
Posts: 116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Bottle Rocket is a misnomer if there ever was one. Its called Bottle Rocket but the story flows like a bottle floating in the ocean. Ive tried watching it a few times but it just seems kind of slow moving. Its not Gerry(Matt Damon/Casey Affleck) slow but its still slow.

geez, nothing is that slow, and Bottle Rocket isnt my fav movie or nothing but i just saw it again recently and thought worth mentioning...for a laugh try The Foot Fist Way..f'in hilarious.



Last edited by DB Doom; 02-09-2009 at 02:52 PM..
DB Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #249
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

I simply can't believe with all the Jessica Biel fans here that nobody has mentioned Powder Blue yet:

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #250
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

Movies coming out and if I want to see them:
Opening March 4, 2009
  • 12 Maybe, looks like an interesting drama, small film so don't know if it will have large screening
Opening March 6, 2009
Opening March 13, 2009
Opening March 20, 2009
Opening March 27, 2009
Opening April 3, 2009
Opening April 8, 2009
Opening April 10, 2009
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Denver Broncos