The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default Senior Bowl meat market results

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php

This is always funny, looks like no one had man boobs this year.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
U4EA
Solid Starter

Default Oh no!

A kicker with a a poor upper body? Critical!
U4EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Ray Ray has a small lower body! Bust!!
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:55 AM   #4
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Also a good take:

http://draftguys.com/index.php/artic...eigh-in_notes/
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I'm tellin' ya, the Broncos should forget about Rey, trade down and pick up Cushing and Matthews.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm tellin' ya, the Broncos should forget about Rey, trade down and pick up Cushing and Matthews.
A very good idea. I am anxious to see how Raji grades out as well. It's possible that we could get both Raji and Mathews and/or Cushing. I think that would be a tremendous boost to our interior defense... Raji and Cushing that is. Mathews will likely end up being a 3-4 ROLB and will probably make his living getting 8 or 9 sacks a season from that spot. Cushing would offer the strength necessary to play that 3-4 SILB spot which would allow DJ to play the WILB. Raji is the key though... as is Ron Brace who could very well be a 3-4 NT as well.

Still have to address the safety position which can be done in free agency. And, while it wouldn't be popular on the Mane... A RB in the first could be an option as well. I still have a gut feeling that we'll take Beanie Wells if he's available at #12. Far from our #1 need but it fits in line with what Pat Bowlen is trying to do this offseason, which is renew the fan's energy in the Broncos. As we all know, defense wins championships, but offense puts butts in the seats. I personally will feel a lot better going into the draft if we make a splash in FA with a safety, 3-4 DE, and a RB like Ward. That would allow us to focus on LB and DT in the draft!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

I watched some of it yesterday on NFL Network. Chung looked pretty good in space. Raji looked good, as did Brace. There was a guy out of Penn State that was killing it in 1 on 1 line drills. He was so fast off the ball.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #8
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. Rey should be a good nfl player - I just don't know that he will be "great." I like Cushing, and getting extra second/third round picks would be awesome to this team. We could come out of the first day with LB, DT, S (even RB or Center) and ge looking really good.

Unfortunately, Cushing might be one of those guys that leapfrogs up the draft board like Mayo did last year. First he was seen as a late first rounder or early second rounder, then he shot up the boards and was taken higher than most people expected by the Pats.

Cushing might just leapfrog Rey before its all said and done.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

im interested in Clay MAtthews now.. Where is his projection? Can we get him in the 2nd?

Cushing could jump Rey, I agree there.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #10
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

McShay's Senior Bowl Day 1 video Report Card

http://videos.espn.com/m/video/21772...m?pageid=37337

He says Raji was the best defensive player on the field.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #11
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. Rey should be a good nfl player - I just don't know that he will be "great." I like Cushing, and getting extra second/third round picks would be awesome to this team. We could come out of the first day with LB, DT, S (even RB or Center) and ge looking really good.

Unfortunately, Cushing might be one of those guys that leapfrogs up the draft board like Mayo did last year. First he was seen as a late first rounder or early second rounder, then he shot up the boards and was taken higher than most people expected by the Pats.

I was saying this after the Rose Bowl. Rey didn't look very good. Cushing and Mathews were much better. Cushing has had injury issues, I would love to see us get Mathews in the 3rd.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
McShay's Senior Bowl Day 1 video Report Card

http://videos.espn.com/m/video/21772...m?pageid=37337

He says Raji was the best defensive player on the field.
I would agree with him. Raji was having his way with Mack and Unger when they lined up as Guards. But also think once the o-line gets back in swing of things that Raji will struggle a little more.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #13
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
im interested in Clay MAtthews now.. Where is his projection? Can we get him in the 2nd?

Cushing could jump Rey, I agree there.

It depends on how excited you make him. If you make him REALLY excited, he's pretty good at hitting you in the eye.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #14
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Cushing will most likely go in the first round. Matthews, as of now, is projected in the first half of the 3rd.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #15
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Matthews is going to be a player. Teddy Bruski-style player. Not the greatest athlete, but gives it everything that he has every play. He is hard nose and smart.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
Cushing will most likely go in the first round. Matthews, as of now, is projected in the first half of the 3rd.
I have seen Matthews much higher than that and I think he will go in the second after this week. I was talking to bpc about him and he is so damn versatile that an attacking team will overvalue him because he can play with his hand down, standing up, and cover. A team like NYG, PHI sitting at the end of round 2 will prevent him going any further than that IMHO.

Perfect example of who Clay Matthews reminds me of is Stewart Bradley from nebraska a few years ago. I loved him in that draft and PHI took him and converted him from OLB/DE to Mike in that scheme. Almost the exact same skill set, but he is a fabulous pass rusher from LB. That is where the value is going to be.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #17
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Herman Johnson | L.S.U. | 6073 | 382 | 36 | 11 1/4
Notes: Massive with LOTS of bulk.
Whoa.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #18
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
It depends on how excited you make him. If you make him REALLY excited, he's pretty good at hitting you in the eye.
I am excited that Lex is excited to be excited about the exciting opportunity to draft as exciting a player as Cushing! Its all very excit.......ok
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #19
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
I was saying this after the Rose Bowl. Rey didn't look very good. Cushing and Mathews were much better. Cushing has had injury issues, I would love to see us get Mathews in the 3rd.
Rey led the team with Cushing in tackles. Remember, the game was a BLOW OUT at half time. I think some guys were a little more cautious in the 2nd half.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #20
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Rey led the team with Cushing in tackles. Remember, the game was a BLOW OUT at half time. I think some guys were a little more cautious in the 2nd half.
That's not what I saw. I watched Rey on most plays, and I didn't see anything. We will see through the week, but Cushing and Matthews seem like better bets, especially Matthews in the 3rd.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

Comparing Cushing and Mayo is like comparing Mustard and something that is not even yellow. Meyo had superior athleticism, not something that plagues Cushing, he lead his team in tackles, not something Cushing does, he only had one injury requiring surgery, a problem Cushing wish he had.

Cushing is too slow to be a linebacker, but not a good enough pass rusher to be a DE. The only position he could probably play somewhat well is a 3-4 outside LB who either plays the run or pass rush, similar to Shawne Merriman but without the pass rush ability.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #22
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Comparing Cushing and Mayo is like comparing Mustard and something that is not even yellow. Meyo had superior athleticism, not something that plagues Cushing, he lead his team in tackles, not something Cushing does, he only had one injury requiring surgery, a problem Cushing wish he had.

Cushing is too slow to be a linebacker, but not a good enough pass rusher to be a DE. The only position he could probably play somewhat well is a 3-4 outside LB who either plays the run or pass rush, similar to Shawne Merriman but without the pass rush ability.
Please read the previous post.

I didn't say Cushing was like Mayo at all, period.

I said Cushing might leapfrog a few other LB's in the draft like Mayo did. That is all.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #23
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Whoa.
Yeah, Herman Johnson is a big boy. Just about anybody should be able to shed him though.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #24
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Yeah, Herman Johnson is a big boy. Just about anybody should be able to shed him though.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Aww, so much for my plan to have him play nose tackle
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: