The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default Denver Broncos need to sign...

Terrell "Tsizzle" Suggs - If we are planning to make a switch to the 3-4 we need to bring in Suggs. Not only is he a guy who is a great OLB/DE, he has played in the Ravens system that Nolan helped create. He will be a great locker-room guy and he has all the phyiscal tools to make an impact.

After watching the guy yesterday get 2 sacks on Big Ben with a bum shoulder, this is the type of warrior that would bring some toughness back to the Def. Although we need additional pieces this would be a great foundation to getting back to a respectable level.

What are your thoughts? will he be be paid at OLB or DE $$?? Care to guess what he will make on the open market? I know last year he signed a 8.5 million dollar franchise tender.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

T-sizzle is one of my favorite nicknames.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Why would the Ravens let him go? Great/good players rarely leave their team for another.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

what a great new idea
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Heard an interesting point on Ravens station last night.
Eventhough it's probably twice any current Broncos' average, Suggs' has only averaged over 8.5 sacks per season.
There's a decent chance BAL will let him walk, but I'm not sure I want to break the bank for someone who may not be all that.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Heard an interesting point on Ravens station last night.
Eventhough it's probably twice any current Broncos' average, Suggs' has only averaged over 8.5 sacks per season.
There's a decent chance BAL will let him walk, but I'm not sure I want to break the bank for someone who may not be all that.
Getting sacks isnt the only aspect of the 3-4. And instead of Suggs, who should DEN aquire? I hope your not assuming that Jarvis Moss is going to suddenly make HUGE strides and become a massive threat in the 3-4 at the JACK. DEN in in desperate need of help, and Suggs would make a huge mpact for DEN in the 3-4. Healthy. As long as hes healthy, i am for bringing him in, whatever the cost.
If DEN stays in the 4-3, and CAR dont franchise Peppers, i am all for bringing him in.
Either or, but no one on the current roster should be considered a positive option to the teams problems.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #7
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Getting sacks isnt the only aspect of the 3-4. And instead of Suggs, who should DEN aquire? I hope your not assuming that Jarvis Moss is going to suddenly make HUGE strides and become a massive threat in the 3-4 at the JACK. DEN in in desperate need of help, and Suggs would make a huge mpact for DEN in the 3-4. Healthy. As long as hes healthy, i am for bringing him in, whatever the cost.
If DEN stays in the 4-3, and CAR dont franchise Peppers, i am all for bringing him in.
Either or, but no one on the current roster should be considered a positive option to the teams problems.
Agreed. Suggs or Peppers would be a HUGE upgrade to anyone currently on the team, but it will cost the team dearly moneywise that could probably be better used to get a few GOOD players rather than one GREAT player. I'm not banking on Moss and/or Crowder being a part of a defensive turnaround, but they're young and cheap in comparison. The "Defense By Slowik" was so screwed up, nobody knows what to make of those two. I guess my nervousness comes from all the FA misses the Broncos have had on the DL.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Agreed. Suggs or Peppers would be a HUGE upgrade to anyone currently on the team, but it will cost the team dearly moneywise that could probably be better used to get a few GOOD players rather than one GREAT player. I'm not banking on Moss and/or Crowder being a part of a defensive turnaround, but they're young and cheap in comparison. The "Defense By Slowik" was so screwed up, nobody knows what to make of those two. I guess my nervousness comes from all the FA misses the Broncos have had on the DL.
Well, weve been discussing this here for a while now, and it seems that DEN will have quite a bit of FA $$$ this year.
I would think DEN can afford not only Suggs, but also another highly touted player in FS OJ Atogwe as well. Plus a NT/DT like Shaun Cody or Chris Canty will not cost too much either. Cody will more than likley be pretty cheap and add depth and even an upgrade to DENs roster. This would address all three levels of the defense, and be a solid foundation to Nolans hybrid as DEN entered the draft.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Suggs/REY REY or Peppers/Rey-REY, either or would at least strengthen our defense up
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I would love to have Suggs. There will come a time when Baltimore can't afford Lewis, Suggs, and Scott all on the same team. Suggs would be expensive, but I think he would be well worth it. All he does is make plays. I don't hear him being an attention whore in the media like some of the other "superstars" in the league...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

Suggs & draft that dude from USC
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

We should sign this guy:

Dwan Edwards, he is the Ravens backup DE, he is a good fit for us and could start right away.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #13
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I say sign 1 impact guy for the Defense, then use the rest of the cap to fill in spaces around the draft. Don't blow all of the space on two players.

Shanahan left this team in excellent position to improve the defense.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #14
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I doubt Suggs goes elsewhere.
Scott should be the odd one out.

So we could go after him.
We will need to draft at least one OLB though
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #15
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

IMO we are too far away on D to go nuts and eat our cap space on 1 or 2 guys. I'd rather use a late pick or two on a guy other teams want to move for a year or two and 90% build via draft. If Nolan can get anything out of Moss or Crowder I would rethink the on or two moves. We are old at starting CB crappy at S ok at LB iffy on DL.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 01-19-2009 at 10:06 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #16
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Suggs is an animal. He'd be the cornerstone of our Defense if we got him.

Unfortunatly, he'd cost us a WHOLE lot. He was recently franchised as a DE, since they make more money than LBs do.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I'd rather stockpile as many picks as possible and use every single one of them on defense. This defense is going to take time to rebuild anyway, by that time Suggs could be well worn down with a high price tag.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #18
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
what a great new idea
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #19
Dukes
Ring of Famer

If his shoulder is healthy enough then yes, I'm sure they will take that into consideration when/if they decide to bring him in for a visit. One way or another, Denver needs major help. Be it Suggs, Scott or anyone else in FA.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #20
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Can we bring in Ed Reed with him? Please.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #21
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

While we are at it let's bring in Ngata to shore up the NT spot right away. The very same NT spot that will be run in the 3-4 that Nolan said we were switching to.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I'd rather stockpile as many picks as possible and use every single one of them on defense. This defense is going to take time to rebuild anyway, by that time Suggs could be well worn down with a high price tag.
Have the last few years in the NFL taught you anything? The Arizona Cardinals are in the super bowl!!! I'm sure there fans last year sounded like we do now. The Broncos, and every other team in the NFL, is not as far away from a championship as you think.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #23
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Have the last few years in the NFL taught you anything? The Arizona Cardinals are in the super bowl!!! I'm sure there fans last year sounded like we do now. The Broncos, and every other team in the NFL, is not as far away from a championship as you think.
Maybe so, but from all accounts were shifting from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and don't have one true 3-4 guy presently on our roster. To me that's going to take some time. Picking up a guy like Suggs sounds cool as hell to me, but I know he isn't going to come cheap - we'll likely be overpaying for his value. I think at this point I'd rather try to draft the next Terrell Suggs to be around for a while than sign one for a lot more money that may only have a 2-3 years of playing at a high level.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #24
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Building through the draft is fine but using the draft as out only means to build a defense is bad. You need that veteran leadership and the draft doesn't guarantee quality. I think we need that mix of veteran and younger talent.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #25
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan4life View Post
Building through the draft is fine but using the draft as out only means to build a defense is bad. You need that veteran leadership and the draft doesn't guarantee quality. I think we need that mix of veteran and younger talent.
I'm cool with bringing in vets too, I'd just prefer to avoid the high-priced guys like Suggs and go for more reasonable players like James Sanders.