The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Happy ML King Day

Greatness...

footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Thank you MLK. You were a hero, a martyr for your cause, and you were also a pimp with the ladies.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Your a hero MJK, RIP.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,578

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Those were powerful words spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. 46 years later, the dream STILL hasn't been fulfilled, as people are still viewed by the color of their skin and not necessarily the content of their character...

http://www.usconstitution.net/dream.html
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,563

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

We're getting there Crush... Obama is a big step. He didn't get elected because of race... but this will have a hugely positive affect on how americans perceive each other.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

In Virginia, it's Lee, Jackson, King Day
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Thank you for your message of handling assaulting and volatile situations peacefully. That's one lesson we're still working on.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

What a way to celebrate the eve of the inauguration.. giving a little thanks to the man who helped make tomorrow possible.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Those were powerful words spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. 46 years later, the dream STILL hasn't been fulfilled, as people are still viewed by the color of their skin and not necessarily the content of their character...

http://www.usconstitution.net/dream.html
Really? Do you think it's skin color alone? Or do you thik it's skin color + the way someone is dressed? do they have piercings too? Tattoos? What type of car/truck are they driving. How do they speak? I think the days of people judging others SOLELY by the color of their skin are thankfully gone and as long as people have the ability to reason, feel the need to be safe, etc--they will always look outward at people and make judgements. Color being A FACTOR, but not the only factor. Obama is a testament to the MLK's dream being mostly realized. (that and GWB being the WORST president of most of our lifetimes--thereby making 'republican' a dirty word). A day for celebration for sure.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES
 
PaintballCLE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 3,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Thank you James Earl Ray for your message of handling assaulting and volatile situations perfectly. That's one lesson we're still thankful for.



JUST MESSING AROUND GUNNS + EVERYONE ELSE SO DONT FREAK OUT
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #11
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Those were powerful words spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. 46 years later, the dream STILL hasn't been fulfilled, as people are still viewed by the color of their skin and not necessarily the content of their character...
We will never end racism completely, but thanks to people like MLK, a person of any race cannot be held down by racism if they are willing to rise above it.
Florida_Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #12
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
Really? Do you think it's skin color alone? Or do you thik it's skin color + the way someone is dressed? do they have piercings too? Tattoos? What type of car/truck are they driving. How do they speak? I think the days of people judging others SOLELY by the color of their skin are thankfully gone and as long as people have the ability to reason, feel the need to be safe, etc--they will always look outward at people and make judgements. Color being A FACTOR, but not the only factor. Obama is a testament to the MLK's dream being mostly realized. (that and GWB being the WORST president of most of our lifetimes--thereby making 'republican' a dirty word). A day for celebration for sure.

I actually think this country has swung around to the point that if you are white, you are discounted for jobs or scholarships because of fear of being seen as racist or a bigot. I hate affirmative action for this very reason. Best man or woman for the job, regardless of color. We are not close to that point at all.

Also, GWB is not the worst president in our history. Hoover and Carter were worse.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,473

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

RIP,

In December, I went to the Civil Rights Musuem (MLK Museum) in Memphis,TN. I suggest to anybody who is close to go there, or if you are planning a trip to Memphis to go there. It was a very cool and powerfull museum. Also a little Erie because it was spot where he was assasinated. They left it just the way it was. Then you go across the street where the sniper was, which is also creepy. But there is a lot of interesting things on the conspiracy. You also get to see the guy that sits outside the musuem every day for the last 20 years in protest to the musuem. I was told he is there 24/7 and only leaves to get food at the soup kitchen.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I actually think this country has swung around to the point that if you are white, you are discounted for jobs or scholarships because of fear of being seen as racist or a bigot. I hate affirmative action for this very reason. Best man or woman for the job, regardless of color. We are not close to that point at all.

Also, GWB is not the worst president in our history. Hoover and Carter were worse.

I wrote 'most of our lifetimes' , not history. How many troops did Carter send to be killed or maimed in an unjustifiable 'war'? ............still waiting...........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #15
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,386
Default

could the morons among us maybe go fight in one of the many threads already with that tone and maybe leave the thread thanking MLK for what he did to the people who wish to use it .... I mean come on . A lot of Fing stupid people here of late ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,473

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
could the morons among us maybe go fight in one of the many threads already with that tone and maybe leave the thread thanking MLK for what he did to the people who wish to use it .... I mean come on . A lot of Fing stupid people here of late ...

I agree. See my post above. I am all about Love.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #17
yavoon
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
I wrote 'most of our lifetimes' , not history. How many troops did Carter send to be killed or maimed in an unjustifiable 'war'? ............still waiting...........
jimmy carter was the only US president to send kim ill sung(or kim jong ill) a present. I think that symbolically sums up jimmy carter right there. If hitler did the jig on the whitehouse lawn jimmy carter wouldn't retake the territory.
yavoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Denver Broncos