The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default Getting production from hard working John Engelberger and the lunch pail

John Engelberger is clearly the worst starting DE in football by far. They guy played alot for the whole year and got a coverage sack due to the fact that Rivers is as slow as Griese and was tackled a half a yard short in a mad scramble for the first down. Any 5.0 40 qb would of picked up 5 yards yet JE gets over his over under total of the year by getting over .5 sacks. In fact the guy has 3 sacks in 4 years in Denver and whoever in SF coached 6 sacks out of this guy needs to be in the hall of fame. Bottomline is the guy is EASILY blocked consistently with one guy and sucks at run defense and ____ rushing the qb. You can't even use the word ____ rush and Engelberger in the same sentence. The only thing he does well is make good reads he just lacks the ability to beat his man and make plays. The homer defense around here is Denver needs a hard working lunch pail type like JE. Well with the state of the economy lets help JE put his hard work to use and pack that lunch pail and take the garbage out.

Who are you going to put in John's lunch pail and let him use his blood, sweat and tears and pack out of town with all his hard work.

Dwayne Robertson-You cost way too much for the production. You don't really fit the system and now way in h&!! are you worth double digit millions not to mention when is your knee going to implode permanently.

Boss Bailey-Great athlete who makes few plays and gets hurt on the first play of the year. No kidding first defensive play of preseason your on the ground hurt and out over a month. Too little production for your cost and you don't fit the rumored 3-4. Hop in the pail now.

Webster-it's been beat to death already but on the two Denver D's you started on they were some of the worst in the franchises history.

Shaw-your an ex Raider and not very good to boot. Bye bye hop in the pail since were do you fit in the new system?

Niko-You couldn't beat out Webster or a starting FB, need I say more plus you make more money than just a decent special teamer should. Somewhere Charles Barkley is also b****ing because there is also someone more qualified than you for your roster spot.

Mcree, Manual, and Lowry-You guys suck so bad you couldn't beat each other out. No explaination needed get on John's back.

Ramsey-You make more money than most backups and there will be several available at 25 percent the price. Bottomline is Denver has no chance if you play so you might as well take a 7th round flyer and see what happens instead of 2 mil a year you waste. Use some of your money and buy John a loader since he is going to need it.

N. Jackson-By tired of wasting a spot on an average TE that can't play more than 30 plays a year without the letters I and R coming up. Give John a hand but don't get hurt in the process, where your mangina.

Chad Jackson-I say give you a chance but since our new coach is an ex patriot hop in because I'm sure he knows what you bring.

Selvin Young/Andre Hall-Get in the pail without pulling a hammy or breaking some bone because we all know you couldn't break a tackle. Tired of wasting carries on you.

I thought about throwing Crowder and Clemons in but I'll let the new staff decide. Can anyone think of anyone else that should go in John's pail? Feel free to add on.

John now I'm sure your a great guy and we all know you are a hard working, lunch pail guy but be careful with that heavy load. You can do it just keep working hard. I'm sorry you don't fit the new system and Denver was going to trade you to a system that fit you but there is no system that you fit in. So here I give you a job and all the bronco fans all over the world will be happy and vote you in the ring of fame with this deed and all your hard work.

Thanks John!
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

How about DJ Williams for making all the stats when they don't count. Not to
mention coming in for the most important game of the year and playing at 50%.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Chad Jackson-I say give you a chance but since our new coach is an ex patriot hop in because I'm sure he knows what you bring.
Well, I agree with this much ... the puzzle of Chad Jackson has already been solved by our new head coach. We'll know soon enough if "Chad the Reclamation Project" has a future in this league.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
John Engelberger is clearly the worst starting DE in football by far. They guy played alot for the whole year and got a coverage sack due to the fact that Rivers is as slow as Griese and was tackled a half a yard short in a mad scramble for the first down. Any 5.0 40 qb would of picked up 5 yards yet JE gets over his over under total of the year by getting over .5 sacks. In fact the guy has 3 sacks in 4 years in Denver and whoever in SF coached 6 sacks out of this guy needs to be in the hall of fame. Bottomline is the guy is EASILY blocked consistently with one guy and sucks at run defense and ____ rushing the qb. You can't even use the word ____ rush and Engelberger in the same sentence. The only thing he does well is make good reads he just lacks the ability to beat his man and make plays. The homer defense around here is Denver needs a hard working lunch pail type like JE. Well with the state of the economy lets help JE put his hard work to use and pack that lunch pail and take the garbage out.

Who are you going to put in John's lunch pail and let him use his blood, sweat and tears and pack out of town with all his hard work.

Dwayne Robertson-You cost way too much for the production. You don't really fit the system and now way in h&!! are you worth double digit millions not to mention when is your knee going to implode permanently.

Boss Bailey-Great athlete who makes few plays and gets hurt on the first play of the year. No kidding first defensive play of preseason your on the ground hurt and out over a month. Too little production for your cost and you don't fit the rumored 3-4. Hop in the pail now.

Webster-it's been beat to death already but on the two Denver D's you started on they were some of the worst in the franchises history.

Shaw-your an ex Raider and not very good to boot. Bye bye hop in the pail since were do you fit in the new system?

Niko-You couldn't beat out Webster or a starting FB, need I say more plus you make more money than just a decent special teamer should. Somewhere Charles Barkley is also b****ing because there is also someone more qualified than you for your roster spot.

Mcree, Manual, and Lowry-You guys suck so bad you couldn't beat each other out. No explaination needed get on John's back.

Ramsey-You make more money than most backups and there will be several available at 25 percent the price. Bottomline is Denver has no chance if you play so you might as well take a 7th round flyer and see what happens instead of 2 mil a year you waste. Use some of your money and buy John a loader since he is going to need it.

N. Jackson-By tired of wasting a spot on an average TE that can't play more than 30 plays a year without the letters I and R coming up. Give John a hand but don't get hurt in the process, where your mangina.

Selvin Young/Andre Hall-Get in the pail without pulling a hammy or breaking some bone because we all know you couldn't break a tackle. Tired of wasting carries on you.

I thought about throwing Crowder and Clemons in but I'll let the new staff decide. Can anyone think of anyone else that should go in John's pail? Feel free to add on.

John now I'm sure your a great guy and we all know you are a hard working, lunch pail guy but be careful with that heavy load. You can do it just keep working hard. I'm sorry you don't fit the new system and Denver was going to trade you to a system that fit you but there is no system that you fit in. So here I give you a job and all the bronco fans all over the world will be happy and vote you in the ring of fame with this deed and all your hard work.

Thanks John!
spot on AZ...

i look forward to every one of those guys catching their walking papers...

the only one i'd consider keeping is chad jackson (like you said) but if Mickey D says get rid of him then i'm all for that too...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
Popps
It's so easy

Benching Englberger?

I won't hear it!!!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

some may disagree but i'd like Michael Pittman to get in the pail...
Old 01-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Benching Englberger?

I won't hear it!!!
me neither!...

cut em...
Old 01-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
(Jae)
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
some may disagree but i'd like Michael Pittman to get in the pail...
Why? there's only 2 Rb's who did anything this year worth a damn. He was one.
(Jae) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Mustard - Stay the Hell off the roster, stop coming back!!

sorry Dortoh....
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Right up until you bad mouth Selvin Young.

You are an idiot. This guy averaged almost 5 ypc without having ONE SINGLE ****ING RUN OF 20+ yards.

Breaking tackles? You obviously didnt watch a single game. Before he ****ed his Hammy up, Selvin Young was averagin nearly 5 ypc and RARELY got a 10+ yard carry AND he was given the ball in some OBVIOUS run play sitatuations. While those were not success (3rd and long from the 1 ****ing yard line he still didnt get a safety despite the fact that he was hit 4 yards deep in the end zone).

I hate people that dont watch the games. Its one of two types of runners in Denver according to the OM logic of idiocy.

The scat back who gets 1, 2, 30, 1, 0, -3 yards

Or the guy that cant break off the home run threat.

Its ****ing retarded assumptions by a retarded message board full of retarded people.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
Popps
It's so easy

Like Selvin Young or not (and I don't)... I have a feeling the conversation won't need to go on past this off-season. Hillis is going to get looks as a starter, and I'd be very surprised if the new head coach/OC didn't want to put their stamp on this offense by drafting their own RB to compete.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Actually in 07, 200 of Selvins 729 yards were on runs of 20/40+ yard gains...

Thats a good chunk of yards on those long runs..
Old 01-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well I think Clemons size is pretty prototypical for a 3-4, so I'd like to see him stay. Also niko might be better off in the 3-4 where he has less space to work with
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Actually in 07, 200 of Selvins 729 yards were on runs of 20/40+ yard gains...

Thats a good chunk of yards on those long runs..
He can't stay on the field, and when he was healthy, Shanahan didn't seem all that interested in him, whatever that's worth.

Anyway, as I said... there's a good chance he's not a topic of conversation by next season.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #15
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Like Selvin Young or not (and I don't)...
Who do you like? Other than Champ and Cutler ...

I agree with Alec, sans the anger ... Selvin is definitely a keeper.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
He can't stay on the field, and when he was healthy, Shanahan didn't seem all that interested in him, whatever that's worth.

Anyway, as I said... there's a good chance he's not a topic of conversation by next season.
im fine with that.

Im hoping our backfield consists of: Hillis, Alridge, Torain, 2nd day pick
Old 01-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #17
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

I will be a happy man when Engleberger, Young, Bell, and Hall are no longer on our team in any capacity. Commitment to mediocrity those four are.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I agree with Alec.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #19
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post

You are an idiot. This guy averaged almost 5 ypc without having ONE SINGLE ****ING RUN OF 20+ yards.
Nope, he had like a 50 yarder against San Diego in week 2.
It was off a draw I think on third and long
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #20
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

In fact Selving Young had 303 yards on 61 carries, which was a 5.0 average.

If you take away his 49 yarder, which was his longest run on a draw on third and long, that gives him 254 yards on 60 carries.
Which is 4.23 average.

Selvin is nothing special, he is at best a back up and change of pace back.
Hillis, Torrain, and a rookie should be the way to go.
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Right up until you bad mouth Selvin Young.

Breaking tackles? You obviously didnt watch a single game. Before he ****ed his Hammy up, Selvin Young was averagin nearly 5 ypc and RARELY got a 10+ yard carry AND he was given the ball in some OBVIOUS run play sitatuations. While those were not success (3rd and long from the 1 ****ing yard line he still didnt get a safety despite the fact that he was hit 4 yards deep in the end zone).

I hate people that dont watch the games. Its one of two types of runners in Denver according to the OM logic of idiocy.

The scat back who gets 1, 2, 30, 1, 0, -3 yards

Or the guy that cant break off the home run threat.

Its ****ing retarded assumptions by a retarded message board full of retarded people.
Going back and re-watching the early games, Selvin was a lot more successful than I remembered. Our RB injuries MAY have forced his return to action sooner than was truly prudent, so I'll wash some of his god awful second half carries.

However, the offense did look better under Hillis and Pittman. Selvin will stick until TC and prove whether he deserves another shot or not.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #22
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Forget about who needs to go, the better question is who deserves to stay?

On the current D only Champ, DJ, Woodyard and Larsen are locks and Bly should get some consideration. However I think Champ's value is higher as trade bait for draft picks at this point because by the time we rebuild he's not the same player he is now. Moss and Elvis are possibles too but the bottom line is we need help everywhere.

Somebody said it earlier...we just need a defense.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #23
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Well, I agree with this much ... the puzzle of Chad Jackson has already been solved by our new head coach. We'll know soon enough if "Chad the Reclamation Project" has a future in this league.
Well, remember that the Pats got rid of him, so they could'nt have been THAT enamored with him.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #24
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Perhaps your anger should instead be directed at the two young well paid high picks who can't beat John out.

It's not his fault that they can't beat him out, is it?

Where's the threads calling out Moss and Crowder?

Come on. I'm waiting for it.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #25
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Well, remember that the Pats got rid of him, so they could'nt have been THAT enamored with him.
Well, he was getting 2nd-round money, and Moss and Welker were monopolizing play there .... plus, for some reason he was not eligible for the practice squad. It would not be a huge surprise to see Chad blossom as a slot guy here and take over for Stokley in a couple years ... supposedly he's studying the slot position.

Does anybody know Chad's problem? He's clearly an intelligent guy based on an interview I heard.

And along these lines, nobody has ever answered my oft-repeated question: WTF happened to Hamza Abdullah? He went from a starter and emerging star to WAIVER WIRE, in 2 seconds flat