The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default Shanahan was our last visible link to the Super Bowls

Sure there's other staff left over, but they're all behind the scenes and rarely get camera time.

When I watch the Broncos next year, there won't be any faces from my favorite two seasons. I'm still a Broncos fan, and only a Broncos fan, but they feel a little less like my team.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Bleh... I still give Turner and Dennison the nod since they've both been coaching on this team since before the Super Bowls.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Sure there's other staff left over, but they're all behind the scenes and rarely get camera time.

When I watch the Broncos next year, there won't be any faces from my favorite two seasons. I'm still a Broncos fan, and only a Broncos fan, but they feel a little less like my team.

You'll feel better once we start seeing this team compete. I remember feeling that way when Reeves was fired. It just didn't seem right to me, and I wasn't so sure about Wade Phillips as a HC. But once they took the field, it was still the Broncos.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

mike leach
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
You'll feel better once we start seeing this team compete. I remember feeling that way when Reeves was fired. It just didn't seem right to me, and I wasn't so sure about Wade Phillips as a HC. But once they took the field, it was still the Broncos.
not with a gutless drunk as an owner. how dare he.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
not with a gutless drunk as an owner. how dare he.

Was there a point to that? I was trying to make a guy feel better. What are you trying to do?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Was there a point to that? I was trying to make a guy feel better. What are you trying to do?
reference your total hatred for the pat firing shanahan. in case you forgot.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
reference your total hatred for the pat firing shanahan. in case you forgot.
Yeah, I caught that... but to what end?

I think everybody here is clear on the fact that I think Bowlen made a mistake, and that I'm currently not a fan of the man. I'm just trying to understand what the point of bringing it up in this thread is.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, I caught that... but to what end?

I think everybody here is clear on the fact that I think Bowlen made a mistake, and that I'm currently not a fan of the man. I'm just trying to understand what the point of bringing it up in this thread is.
the same man hired our next super bowl winning coach
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

Let's hope so, homer.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Let's hope so, homer.
im a fan of the broncos, i always hope we go to the super bowl, and will support the coach and owner in whatever direction it takes them to get there. theres no question pats only goal is a SB trophy, i will trust his judgment in what it takes to get one, he has succeeded before and has been to the big game a LOT.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Let's hope so, homer.

Oh brother...

Pot meet Kettle.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

honeslty, i am glad the last remaining parts to the Super Bowl teams are gone. I am thankful for the titles they brought us, but that was a decade ago and it is time to move on.

We can't keep living in the past, and remembering the golden days, we need to move forward and create new memories and titles to build on.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
honeslty, i am glad the last remaining parts to the Super Bowl teams are gone. I am thankful for the titles they brought us, but that was a decade ago and it is time to move on.

We can't keep living in the past, and remembering the golden days, we need to move forward and create new memories and titles to build on.
its like the fat guy rocking a beer talking about how his high school team coulda made state....
Old 01-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

The jerseys will always remember me of the 2 Lombardis.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
the same man threatened to move the team before too. hopefully he made the right decision here, but we don't have a great owner.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
the same man threatened to move the team before too. hopefully he made the right decision here, but we don't have a great owner.
the vast majority of owners and players in the NFL disagree. ill take their side. even shanahan admitted it after he got fired that bowlen is (in his words) the best owner in all of sports. there is a reason nearly everyone said the broncos is the crown jewel of available coaching jobs this offseason.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #18
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

As a long time Bronco fan I have a different take on this, "Winning is everything." mantra most put forth here. What I want to see is a good football game with both teams playing like they want to win. Mike Shanahan's Broncos have not given me that for several years now. I am glad he is gone and it was the right thing to do for this team.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #19
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Just like the Raiders are no longer about "Pride and Poise" the recent Broncos did not play up to the standard that is fun to watch.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Bowlen is still here.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
its like the fat guy rocking a beer talking about how his high school team coulda made state....
exactly.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #22
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
the vast majority of owners and players in the NFL disagree. ill take their side. even shanahan admitted it after he got fired that bowlen is (in his words) the best owner in all of sports. there is a reason nearly everyone said the broncos is the crown jewel of available coaching jobs this offseason.
players and owners love art modell too. i think his threats of moving the team were a pretty classless thing to do. maybe that's just me. maybe its different because his were empty rhetoric, where modell went through with it. i dunno.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #23
obediah
Solid Starter

Bronco Fanatic

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post

well first off you must have just become a Bronco fan when rat fink Shanahoohoo came our coach, The Broncos have not looked like the Broncos since the 98,99 and Kubiak left the Broncos. Your beloved Shanafag was NEVER part of that and never will be in my mind. You all can fool yourself by his rat faced horse**** but i never will. Maybe now the Broncos will gain the passion and heart they once had now that that cocky hom0 is gone.

You should stop being a fan, go be a KC or Oakland Fan they like dip****s like Shanadumbass that WALK INTO A SUPERBOWL TEAM, instead of building one. im so sick of you retards that think you are football experts and make absolutely no sense.

and btw if your two favorite seasons are in this decade you are as worthless as a used condom. please commit suicide as soon as possible. and honestly i mean that...

blah you suck!

Last edited by obediah; 01-17-2009 at 08:29 PM..
obediah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by obediah View Post
well first off you must have just become a Bronco fan when rat fink Shanahoohoo came our coach, The Broncos have not looked like the Broncos since the 98,99 and Kubiak left the Broncos. Your beloved Shanafag was NEVER part of that and never will be in my mind. You all can fool yourself by his rat faced horse**** but i never will. Maybe now the Broncos will gain the passion and heart they once had now that that cocky hom0 is gone.

You should stop being a fan, go be a KC or Oakland Fan they like dip****s like Shanadumbass that WALK INTO A SUPERBOWL TEAM, instead of building one. im so sick of you retards that think you are football experts and make absolutely no sense.

and btw if your two favorite seasons are in this decade you are as worthless as a used condom. please commit suicide as soon as possible. and honestly i mean that...

blah you suck!
And the trophy for the biggest drunken retard on the OM goes to you. Congrats! Be sure to thank all your family and friend.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #25
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by obediah View Post

blah you suck!
You're one big jagoff, ya know that?

Hopefully TJ flushes your ass.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote