The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default BPC, your boy Jarron Gilbert, SJS (DE/DT) -- tell us about him more!

Hey man,

I've been reading a lot about how this kid is straight up working it. Do you think he'd be a good end in a 3-4 alignment? Isn't that what he has (and other positions) played at SJS? People think he'll move up like Kendall Langford did. Where do you think his ultimate value will be? Kudos in advance in spying a possible gem.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I was talking about him with bpc the other day and he is a pure DE in a 3-4. He does not really fit anywhere else unless he would be an UT in a Tampa 2 one gap scheme.

He was the most impressive athlete in the Shrine game practices from what I heard especially with the long arms and huge hands. His value should be around round 3 from early projections.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

If we're going 3-4, that'd be super tight to get a player like him. IMHO. I've never got to see him play, so I was curious. Thanks Med!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
*Famous*
Bronco Guru

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
H. Steinberg

Nice player in the WAC...
Jarron Gilbert 2008 Senior highlight tape

And his infamous on you tube "pool jump"
Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool

I like this guy and think he would be value in the 4+ rounds
*Famous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He is hands down better then Jackson from LSU and jackson is a first borderline secon. hes going second round at this point IMO. with a good chance he might even break rd 1.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Famous* View Post
Nice player in the WAC...
Jarron Gilbert 2008 Senior highlight tape

And his infamous on you tube "pool jump"
Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool

I like this guy and think he would be value in the 4+ rounds
I was just about to post that 2nd link. That's an explosive DE with a strong lower body. His reported 40 times aren't great, but that shows me what I need to know about his ability to explode off the line.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

He absolutely fits the 3-4. The "Desert Swarm" defense that Tomey employs is a variable of that set.

I don't have time to write right now but Med and I discussed him earlier. He's a very good prospect and Tomey has had a major impact recruiting great athletes to SJSU and developing them. James Jones - WR - GB and Dwight Lowery - CB - NYJ are some of the more recent players to come out, having an impact in the pro's. I think Gilbert falls in that same line.

I like Gilberts potential. A similar build and prospect to TP was a comparison I used before. I think that's pretty accurate. He's a 'long' defender who still has plenty of room for growth which he'll need at the next level. There are some fundamental things he needs to work on but he is a good 3rd/4th round developmental pickup especially for the 3-4.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's better than Tyson Jackson yet. I think Jackson is a little bit more of an under-rated prospect who would offer a tremendous amount to a 3-4 defense. He does have a lot of potential though. He definitely needs to play a lot lower than he does, especially since he'll be stepping up against several levels of talent.

Last edited by bpc; 01-18-2009 at 11:52 AM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: