The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default Romanowski eager to meet with Broncos’ new coach

Quote:
DENVER (AP)—Bill Romanowski envisions a protein bar stocked with vitamins and supplements in the corner of the locker room, customized workouts to fit each player’s deficiencies and on-staff nutritionists waiting to be of service.

That’s what the former Pro Bowl linebacker would implement if he were in charge of a team’s health and well-being. And it’s one of the game plans he’s going to present when he gets the chance to meet with newly hired Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

Romanowski said he’s been contacted by Broncos owner Pat Bowlen to come in for a meet-and-greet early next week with the 32-year-old coach who replaced Mike Shanahan.

No position has been promised for Romanowski, no expectations given. It’s just a simple sit-down.

The team had no comment.

Just like in his playing days, Romanowski figures he has a lot to offer the Broncos.

“I’m going to profess my vision on how to better take care of the athletes,” Romanowski said Thursday in an interview from the Bay Area.

Romanowski wants to be a coach someday. He even tried to persuade Bowlen to let him interview for the head coaching job after Shanahan was fired, creating an elaborate 30-page PowerPoint presentation. But he’s never coached in the NFL and wasn’t considered.

If a coaching spot isn’t available on McDaniels’ staff, Romanowski wouldn’t mind being the Broncos’ “performance” coordinator, overlooking the team’s fitness and health. He’s currently the president and CEO of a nutrition company called Nutrition53.com.

“There’s another level on where to take a team when it comes to the way it trains,” said Romanowski, who suited up for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Denver and Oakland during a standout 16-year career in the NFL that was marked by a bad temper and his admitted use of THG, the designer steroid at the center of the BALCO scandal.

Romanowski said he would also hire a full-time nutritionist and bring in some of the world’s elite strength and conditioning coaches.

As for the protein bar, it would be like a mini Jamba Juice, complete with ingredients to boost strength, endurance and the immune system.

He would also design workouts tailored to an athlete’s specific needs. That way, an offensive lineman isn’t doing the same workout as, say, a defensive back.

“What they do on the football field is totally different. Their strength programs and speed programs will be very different,” Romanowski said. “Say you have eight defensive backs. They’re all going to be very similar in the way they’re trained, but one day a week may be very detailed to what each specific player’s needs are. Maybe one needs more leg strength? Maybe one needs more of a burst? Maybe one has trouble changing directions to his right? So you break it down that specifically.”

Given his close friendship with Bowlen, Romanowski’s preference is to land a role with the Broncos.

However, he’s hoping to break into the league with a team in some capacity, whether as a nutrition consultant or coach.

“I have a vision. To not give back is almost doing a disservice,” he said. “It’s almost like I feel like I owe this to the NFL, for being so good to me for so many years.”

Romanowski also has a tight relationship with Al Davis, frequently chatting with the Oakland owner about nutrition and all things Raiders.

Should Davis show an interest in his services, Romanowski would zip off another PowerPoint presentation, one that’s specifically designed for the Raiders.

“He’s still sharp as a tack,” Romanowski said. “You’ve got to be on your game. He’s testing you when he’s talking to you.”

Right now, Romanowski is focusing on his impending meeting with McDaniels, studying up on the former New England offensive coordinator-turned-head coach.

“I’m going to go in and see how it goes,” Romanowski said. “I know I can make a big impact with the Broncos.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
lol
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

He needs some groin and hamstring vitamins!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
telluride
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
--Rulon!--

Keep him away from this team.
telluride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Go away you douche bag you're a Raider, you told us that during your WWF press conference when you signed with them.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Give him a jersey. He might be our best LB.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

its funny how the word vision keeps ariseing bill is not stupid it seems
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Id bring him on as a team nutrionist type of guy. Why not?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

He would bring fire to the team.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #9
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

GTFO Romo!
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
Keep him away from this team.
your a total prick, aren't you?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I've aways liked Romo, and I hope this works.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

hell, bring in victor conte, kirk radomski, jose canseco, and mcnamee while we're at it.

the guy's a cheater. unless you desire to see broncos players being suspended for violation of the substance abuse policy, send this guy on his way with a hearty thanks, but no thanks.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Romo totally sold his body out to make plays and perform. I wish last years players had 1/100 of the heart and emotion he possessed during a game. I'd throw him in as a nutritionist/strength coach and as a LB coach. We need more of a presence from guys like him that know how to win and teach the attitude...bring Elway, Rod Smith, Eddie Mac, Alfred Williams...you name it. This team has lost its focus and what made us a winner for too long.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #14
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Romos a dick. But he's a dick that KNOWS how to use his body and how to fine tune it to get the most out of it..
When he played for us he pulled some Shyt , for sure. And he dislocated Shannons arm (elbow) in that one game when he was a raider. I still think he might have done it on purpose.

But he does know nutrition and he could be an asset in getting players to perform better and have fewer injuries. And with all the testing nowadays he would not put any player at risk, or propose illegal substances....that's a one way ticket out of the NFL for all time. I guess it will depend on what McDaniels thinks.

I can't quite see a mini GNC store with Romo behind the counter in the locker/training room. But his thoughts on specific training for position and players makes a lot of sense. and I wouldn't mind seeing him in on Strength and conditioning...Tuten is FAIL as far as I can see.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Nobody and I say NOBODY wanted to win more than Romanowski. If this team had 1/2 of his heart and dedication they would have won 11 games last year.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
clint7
Ring of Famer

At the very least, he's bringing some media attention to his company.
clint7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #17
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Romos a dick.
Gotta disagree with that. All accounts I've heard say that off the field he is a great guy.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #18
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I am all for bringing in Romo, the guy worked as hard or harder than anyone in football.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #19
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Gotta disagree with that. All accounts I've heard say that off the field he is a great guy.
I meant on the field. Remember him smacking his head ain the Pitt game against Flash...practically goaded him into throwing interceptions. spitting in another players face.

He WAS a dick. But when he played here he was OUR dick and I loved him.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bring him back...Shanny ****ed up in 2002 when he told Romo that he was giving his job to Ian Gold ....

thankfully Romo was able to finish off Brian Griese's career in Denver
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #21
telluride
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
--Rulon!--

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Id bring him on as a team nutrionist type of guy. Why not?
Well, for one, he'd get the entire team suspended for controlled substances.
telluride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #22
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Was Romo ever suspended for controlled substances?
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #23
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
that sounds like something stupid you would do

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #24
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

To me, the last thing we need is a strength and conditioning "expert" to come in here and feed our guys protein and focus on muscle mass and getting the playres to put up bigger "numbers", only to collapse in the middle of the season to injury or realize that they can't use that weight room strength on the football field.

Football is not about lifting strength, its about concentrated force - explosiveness. We need someone on the cutting edge that focuses on flexibility and the details of joints and tendons. I really doubt that Romo is that guy.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #25
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
To me, the last thing we need is a strength and conditioning "expert" to come in here and feed our guys protein and focus on muscle mass and getting the playres to put up bigger "numbers", only to collapse in the middle of the season to injury or realize that they can't use that weight room strength on the football field.

Football is not about lifting strength, its about concentrated force - explosiveness. We need someone on the cutting edge that focuses on flexibility and the details of joints and tendons. I really doubt that Romo is that guy.
Huh?
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote