The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default RMN Robertson $17m roster bonus in 2009???

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...efensive-redo/

The club also could look to re- work the contract of defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson, who's owed a $17 million roster bonus, $10 million of which is guaranteed and can be converted to a signing bonus that is apportioned over several years.

This had better be a misprint and I've e-mailed both Rasizer and Legwold to comfirm it.

Everywhere else had Robertson's total of his 6 year contract only coming to $24m and nearly $14m has been accounted for his base salaries through 2013 and a $3m roster bonus last year.

The best about it is they state $10m of it's guaranteed. If this is true then what the **** where Shanahan/Goodman and even Bowlen thinking about when they dealt for this guy and his knees

If this is indeed correct that's over 1/2 of our estimated $30m cap room gone up in smoke in one fatal swoop because this ludicrous figure was never mentioned anywhere before.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...efensive-redo/

The club also could look to re- work the contract of defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson, who's owed a $17 million roster bonus, $10 million of which is guaranteed and can be converted to a signing bonus that is apportioned over several years.

This had better be a misprint and I've e-mailed both Rasizer and Legwold to comfirm it.

Everywhere else had Robertson's total of his 6 year contract only coming to $24m and nearly $14m has been accounted for his base salaries through 2013 and a $3m roster bonus last year.

The best about it is they state $10m of it's guaranteed. If this is true then what the **** where Shanahan/Goodman and even Bowlen thinking about when they dealt for this guy and his knees

If this is indeed correct that's over 1/2 of our estimated $30m cap room gone up in smoke in one fatal swoop because this ludicrous figure was never mentioned anywhere before.
I thought DEN has 41 Million to spend?
Got this at Broncos Forums

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2009-offseason

If you are not a big fan of all of the financial mumbo-jumbo that goes on in the NFL, you are not alone.

In the wake of a $225 million dollar increase in the NFL's salary cap for 2009, the Denver Broncos are in great position to make a splash in a very strong free agency pool.

Currently, the Broncos rank 25th in the NFL with just under $99 million in salary for 2008. However, Dre' Bly accepted a pay cut at the beginning of this season, so that will free up another $4-to-5 million for the Broncos.

Rest assured, Denver will give a complete makeover to its defense, which ranked 30th in the NFL in 2008. That makeover could result in the departures of Marlon McCree, Vernon Fox, Marquand Manuel, Nate Webster, Boss Bailey, Ebenezer Ekuban, Kenny Peterson, John Engelberger, Niko Koutouvides, Dewayne Robertson, and Karl Paymah.

While I personally would retain Paymah, and possibly Webster out of that group, the rest may as well pack their bags. Those departures would leave the Broncos with a team salary of about $75 million, freeing up an astounding $50 million dollars in cap space.

Denver's nine draft picks will likely consume about $8-to-9 million of that cap space. Pat Bowlen's new GM and Head Coach will likely have $41 million dollars to spend on a new defense.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

$50 Million Dollars to play with?

TERRELL SUGGS.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post

If you are not a big fan of all of the financial mumbo-jumbo that goes on in the NFL, you are not alone.

In the wake of a $225 million dollar increase in the NFL's salary cap for 2009, the Denver Broncos are in great position to make a splash in a very strong free agency pool.

Currently, the Broncos rank 25th in the NFL with just under $99 million in salary for 2008. However, Dre' Bly accepted a pay cut at the beginning of this season, so that will free up another $4-to-5 million for the Broncos.

Rest assured, Denver will give a complete makeover to its defense, which ranked 30th in the NFL in 2008. That makeover could result in the departures of Marlon McCree, Vernon Fox, Marquand Manuel, Nate Webster, Boss Bailey, Ebenezer Ekuban, Kenny Peterson, John Engelberger, Niko Koutouvides, Dewayne Robertson, and Karl Paymah.

While I personally would retain Paymah, and possibly Webster out of that group, the rest may as well pack their bags. Those departures would leave the Broncos with a team salary of about $75 million, freeing up an astounding $50 million dollars in cap space.

Denver's nine draft picks will likely consume about $8-to-9 million of that cap space. Pat Bowlen's new GM and Head Coach will likely have $41 million dollars to spend on a new defense.
That article was written by an idiot who thinks you base your 2009 cap room on player's salaries from the year before.

We were closer to $30m under before this Robertson rocket hit my cap dreams.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Well it was nice knowin ya Dwayne
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Any new GM in Cleveland will be ****ing raging that he's been left with a $5m guaranteed roster bonus for Derek Anderson.

I'd love to see Nolan's face when he's told Robertson's on the books for a guaranteed $10m minimum (whether he's cut or not) and he's useless to us in a 3-4.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
That article was written by an idiot who thinks you base your 2009 cap room on player's salaries from the year before.

We were closer to $30m under before this Robertson rocket hit my cap dreams.
They'll never pay the bonus, he'll be cut
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We're going to have to pay Marshall very soon, that won't be cheap.

Kuper and Scheffler will be kept too, they won't be mega bucks deals but they'll get a lot more than they earn now. Dumervil too if he can adjust to the 3-4, assuming we go with it.

So it's not like we can go out and spend mega bucks just because we have the cap room now.

I'll be disappointed if we don't pursue at least one marquee guy though, Suggs does seem the most logical fit with Nolan in as DC.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

That can't be right.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #10
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
They'll never pay the bonus, he'll be cut
At least $10m is guarenteed. Unless that really is a misprint.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Any new GM in Cleveland will be ****ing raging that he's been left with a $5m guaranteed roster bonus for Derek Anderson.

I'd love to see Nolan's face when he's told Robertson's on the books for a guaranteed $10m minimum (whether he's cut or not) and he's useless to us in a 3-4.
I dont get the impression that its 10 million guaranteed if he's cut. i think its just if he stays on the team.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
At least $10m is guarenteed. Unless that really is a misprint.
I think the 10 million is guarneteed within the roster bonus? I think? im not sure how that works, but it just cannot be accurate that they'd accept that. No football contracts are like that!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #13
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I dont get the impression that its 10 million guaranteed if he's cut. i think its just if he stays on the team.
If it's guaranteed it means he gets it whether he's cut or not. Same with Javon Walker last season. Broncos had to pay Javon something like $3m odd to walk.

I'm hoping it's a misprint, if it isn't I'll be really ****ed off with our front office for what was a ludicrous contract offer for a player with so many medical issues.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I think the 10 million is guarneteed within the roster bonus? I think? im not sure how that works, but it just cannot be accurate that they'd accept that. No football contracts are like that!
If it is true, he'll be owed 10 million dollars no matter what happens to him.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
If it is true, he'll be owed 10 million dollars no matter what happens to him.
Granted, im hardly a capologist, but nfl contracts are so rarely guarenteed like that...i cant see how Dwayne robertson is the exception. I think its only if they pick up the bonus, which they wont.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
If it's guaranteed it means he gets it whether he's cut or not. Same with Javon Walker last season. Broncos had to pay Javon something like $3m odd to walk.

I'm hoping it's a misprint, if it isn't I'll be really ****ed off with our front office for what was a ludicrous contract offer for a player with so many medical issues.
Eddie Mac, are these guys usually reliable with cap issues?
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

I think it is..not a misprint as much as a poor choice of words. I dont think they'd ever have made a contract where he was guarenteed 10 million.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #18
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

So, our front office including Shanahan was really ****ing bad at this defensive FA business.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #19
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I wonder if cutting Boss will create any problems with Champ? I know if it was me, I'd have a hard time stomaching my team dumping my brother. Hard to be objective when family's involved . . .
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #20
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Lets see I'm on a team switching to the 3-4 which is not something I care for. I've got bad knees and they will want me to take a beating at NT. Yet I'm going to walk with atleast 10mil and they want me to rework my contract Bwhahahahahahaa
Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #21
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Hey maybe this was are big surprise
Old 01-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #22
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Denver's nine draft picks will likely consume about $8-to-9 million of that cap space.
Denver got around $4.9M when they picked at #12 last year, it's not going to be too much more this year.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
I think the 10 million is guarneteed within the roster bonus?
Yep. It's a typical bronco two-tier contract of having a big guarentee built in the second year to protect themselves in case he busts out the first year.

People are funny.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #24
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

The $17 million ($10 guarenteed) would be spread across the next 4 years if he makes the roster this upcoming year.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Yep. It's a typical bronco two-tier contract of having a big guarentee built in the second year to protect themselves in case he busts out the first year.

People are funny.
Yeah, thats what i figured. I knew he wouldnt get it if they didnt pick it up