The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default So, Im going to see CU Play

I have a few questions, Im heading to Boulder on Saturday to see CU play. OK thats a bit misleading. Im going to Lawrence West-West to see KU kick CUs ass. ANyway, I was wondering if any of you Bison fans had been to the arena and could tell me what its like? How's the parking and the traffic?I believe its like an hour and a half from me or so, how's Denver traffic through on Saturday's?

Im taking the whole family to this game, first time Ive had a chance to see the Jayhawks in person (I could have went to the Final Four last year but it would resulted in my divorce, which had I known they were going to win the 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship, might have contemplated it a bit more) and its very typical to hear the "Chant" in Boulder on an annual basis so why not right?

Anyway, any helpful info about the arena and stuff would be great.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

theres broken glass on the seats.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

holy crap...get ready to see an epic beatdown.

last night both the Tigers men's and women's teams opened up their games with 19-0 runs against the buffs

in other news, the Utes opened their game against Air Force with a 12-0 run.....the Falcons waited 18 minutes before making their 1st shot!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Ill say this...Bzdelik has a ton of work to do. When a guard is your best rebounder you know its bad. I wouldnt go to that game if you gave me tickets. Rather go skiing instead.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
AlphaOmega
Go C.U.

Pac 12 baby!!

1. up Hwy 36 to Boulder
2. Hwy 36 turns into 28th st in town
3. north on 28th to Colorado Ave
4. left or west on Colorado
5. left or south on Regent Dr

Once on Regent Dr the Engineering dept is to the west or your right. to the left is parking for sporting events! As you travel south on Regent it will curve to the west and there is more parking there.
It is on a Sat so you will not have so much "college" traffic but it is the Jay-pukes and there will be more spectators than usual!!
Have Fun AlecRaenos!

Last edited by AlphaOmega; 01-15-2009 at 02:43 PM..
AlphaOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

36 becomes 28th st. No exit necessary.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I would say park in the stadium parking garages. The traffic flow is terrible, but its the closest walk without getting a parking ticked around Kittredge (dorm area where i lived, parking nazis)

I would get early and leave late. That will give you plenty of time for traffic to get out, and rub it in to all the CU fans that dont care about CU basketball.

I also suggest walking pearlstreet and the hill and maybe drive up to the flatirons, there are good views up there that put good ol' Lawrence, Kansas to shame.

Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Im stoked. We are surprising our 7 year old, she has no idea we are going to the game.

The ONLY problem is that I have to go to Boulder. Anyway, I got a few PMs with some really helpful advice and I appreciate it. Bison fans aren't so bad.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

If you arrive early and are looking for Jayhawk companionship or food and drink, there's always a large KU gathering at the Dark Horse:

2922 Baseline Rd Boulder, CO 80303-2314

Good burgers, excellent Bloody Mary's and plenty of Rock Chalk Jayhawk to make you feel at home. You could also take a nice walk from the Dark Horse to Coors Events Center as well. The weather should be fairly decent.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
AlphaOmega
Go C.U.

Pac 12 baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Im stoked. We are surprising our 7 year old, she has no idea we are going to the game.

The ONLY problem is that I have to go to Boulder. Anyway, I got a few PMs with some really helpful advice and I appreciate it. Bison fans aren't so bad.
Thats "Golden Buffaloes" to you, my friend!
AlphaOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsco70 View Post
If you arrive early and are looking for Jayhawk companionship or food and drink, there's always a large KU gathering at the Dark Horse:

2922 Baseline Rd Boulder, CO 80303-2314

Good burgers, excellent Bloody Mary's and plenty of Rock Chalk Jayhawk to make you feel at home. You could also take a nice walk from the Dark Horse to Coors Events Center as well. The weather should be fairly decent.
See those two little girls in my avatar? They are coming with, so if its a bar I dont think I can make it but if not, we might make it over there.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #12
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
See those two little girls in my avatar? They are coming with, so if its a bar I dont think I can make it but if not, we might make it over there.
They were checking for IDīs after the Texas and KSU football games when I was there, but the Dark Horse is a place you should see and itīs just 2 quick turns off Highway 36.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #13
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
I have three kids and would take them there. I mean it is a bar and grill but the KU-CU hoops gameday isn't like penny beer night on the Friday after finals. Yes, it will be crowded but the crowd will be diverse and all KU folk. Anyway, just a suggestion.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #14
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
. Im going to Lawrence West-West to see KU kick CUs ass.
Thats funny, I married a Kansas woman and I grew up in Boulder, I always called Lawerence a wannabe Boulder and she always called Boulder Lawrence on Crack.

I used to go to all the CU basketball games in middle school and high school, it was always sad when KU came to town as it was the only time the arena was full and usually more so with blue and red. If you stay till the end of the game traffic flow shouldn't be that big of a deal, but park in one of the parking structures, no tickets its easiest. Just take 36 all the way into Boulder and take a left at the very first traffic light, which is Colorado. They'll have some direction to Stadium parking from there.

And the dark horse is a family place up until about 10pm or so. Its got good burgers.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #15
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Thats funny, I married a Kansas woman and I grew up in Boulder, I always called Lawerence a wannabe Boulder and she always called Boulder Lawrence on Crack.

I used to go to all the CU basketball games in middle school and high school, it was always sad when KU came to town as it was the only time the arena was full and usually more so with blue and red. If you stay till the end of the game traffic flow shouldn't be that big of a deal, but park in one of the parking structures, no tickets its easiest. Just take 36 all the way into Boulder and take a left at the very first traffic light, which is Colorado. They'll have some direction to Stadium parking from there.

And the dark horse is a family place up until about 10pm or so. Its got good burgers.
... and the best toilet doors known to man.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #16
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

I suggest Old Chicago on Pearl Street. Great family restaurant and a bar. I love the pizza too, you will like it if you like Chicago pizza. Good "adult juice" too. (what I call beer for the little ones)
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #17
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I referred to Boulder as Lawrence West-West not because the cities are similar, but because its our third home away from home. Lawrence, Lawrence West (aka Manhattan Kansas), and Lawrence West-West (Boulder CO).
Old 01-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #18
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Alec, Dark Horse.

Free parking. Great food. Kid friendly during the day. It's maybe a 10 minute walk to the events center and the weather is supposed to be great tomorrow. Pearl Street is great, but you have to park, eat some where, go get the car and come park closer to Coors. Kind of a pain in the ass with two little ones I would think.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Someone in PM told me parking was free at the Coors center. I dont wnat to walk that far because the wife is pregnant, the baby cant walk that far and the 7 year old will whine.

If we get there early enough we may go to Dark Horse but its far as hell from where I live (I live just east of Castle Rock FYI) so we are already going to have to leave early just to make it to the game on time.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Someone in PM told me parking was free at the Coors center. I dont wnat to walk that far because the wife is pregnant, the baby cant walk that far and the 7 year old will whine.

If we get there early enough we may go to Dark Horse but its far as hell from where I live (I live just east of Castle Rock FYI) so we are already going to have to leave early just to make it to the game on time.
Traffic will start to be an issue about an hour before game time. FWIW, it's 1.5 hours door to door from my house in Colorado springs, so it shouldn't be anymore than an hour drive for you.

Good luck, and no b****ing about anything after all the advice you've received here
Old 01-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #21
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
Traffic will start to be an issue about an hour before game time. FWIW, it's 1.5 hours door to door from my house in Colorado springs, so it shouldn't be anymore than an hour drive for you.

Good luck, and no b****ing about anything after all the advice you've received here
The only way Im gonna b**** is if by some freakin miracle the Bison end up winning the game.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #22
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post

Yes, please dont rub it in when KU stomps CU. We know your a basketball school, we get it. CU isnt. They are Skiing, Cross Country, and early 1990's college football school (maybe 2001 too, at least the couches that were burnt up thought soo too)
Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #23
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I wont rub it in.

I do hope to do the Rock Chalk Chant though
Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
I wont rub it in.

I do hope to do the Rock Chalk Chant though
You'll be using your gay ass chant and wheat waving cheer plenty on Sat.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #25
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Wave the wheat! Sweet Fed Ex just dropped my overpriced tickets off. Man, 10 dollar tickets I paid 28 a piece for on Stub Hub, what a ripoff!