The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #51
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

See ya LT........get outta the West......GO sit on someone else's bench
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #52
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

LT isn't done in San Diego, he's done, period. He won't break 1000 yards again in his career and will be out of the league in three years. Guaranteed.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #53
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
The main issue is who or whom do you guys have to replace him with? Both Sproles and Bennett are going to be freeagents. At the current moment LT is all you have back there and he's looking at months of rehab, after surgery, and may not be ready for mini camps.

So it's hard spot for the front office to be in right now.
Bennett isn't a free agent until after next season. And the team isn't dumb enough to go into next season with Bennett as the #1 or even #2 back. And unless Sproles gets a ridiculous offer somewhere, he'll be back in San Diego.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #54
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
LT has always been whiny. He's the emo poster boy of the NFL.
Oprah with wheels.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #55
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Bennett isn't a free agent until after next season. And the team isn't dumb enough to go into next season with Bennett as the #1 or even #2 back. And unless Sproles gets a ridiculous offer somewhere, he'll be back in San Diego.
Wrong. He is gone. See ya! Tschss!, Ciao!, להתראות , tchau!, пока!, hej d!, Get the **** OUT!, tiện đy, Beat it! , sampai jumpa!, बाय!, Take a hike!, hei, Go the **** away!, Bye Bye!!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
They're not, and we benefit from that. Meaning we might get some value from Champ. If we could get a 2nd and a 4/5th for him, we have to move him. He's an aging luxury for a team that can't afford it. Build this defense from the inside out.
Yeah its rare to see a DB play well after he turns thirty.....wait it isn't. You can list quite a few DBs that play just fine after they hit thirty, but I can only recall watching one RB run ok after thirty so I don't see the comparison.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #57
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
San Diego can't afford to pay another RB anything more than a rookie contract because of that enormous albatross named LT hanging around their necks. Sproles will want more than what his rookie contract paid, ergo he will be gone. Sorry about that, have fun with Bennett as your #1 back after LT gets injured in game one.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #58
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
San Diego can't afford to pay another RB anything more than a rookie contract because of that enormous albatross named LT hanging around their necks. Sproles will want more than what his rookie contract paid, ergo he will be gone. Sorry about that, have fun with Bennett as your #1 back after LT gets injured in game one.
You're right. With only $30some million of cap space, there is no way we can afford anything other than rookie contracts. And speaking of rookie contracts, there is probably no way that the Chargers can manage to draft another RB. Right? If memory serves me correct, Michael Turner and Darren Sproles were both big money top 10 draft picks.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #59
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yea, have fun paying another RB big money while you have multiple other needs on both sides of the ball. Trust me, as a Broncos fan there's nothing I'd like to see more than SD giving some free agent RB $30 mil in guaranteed money.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #60
broncsyanks
Broncos kick a$$!!!

I would
Love to take him if money can be figured out
broncsyanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #61
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

**** no. Like I said, some team is going to be stupid enough to give him another mega-contract (hopefully the Chargers) and I pretty much guarantee it won't be the Broncos.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #62
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Actually he very much meant to be racist his only other post was derogatory to Jews.
well its a shame if it's true...since he gave Lawrence Taylor props i figured it was an LT thing and not a black thing but whatever...

i don't care about people being racist...if they wanna be ignorant thats on them...

but LT as a shoe shine boy, that's golden!...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #63
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

The Chargers’ recent run to the playoffs lifted the spirits of a community like nothing else. Nothing elicits emotion and passion in San Diego like the Chargers.

That emotion and passion is clearly evident now as rumors swirl around the team and decisions it must make in the coming months.

It’s an emotional business, yet a business best run without emotion.

“Winning a Super Bowl for San Diego has always been and will always be our mission,” said team President Dean Spanos. “We are San Diego’s team and we owe that to the people who care about and support this team.

“We can’t let our emotions taint our decisions. We owe it to our fan base and the City we represent to make sound decisions that will help us win a Super Bowl.”

The questions to be discussed are many right now at Chargers Park.

What coaches can be added to help the Chargers win a Super Bowl?

What players on the roster give them the best chance to win?

What players are getting better and what players have peaked and started to drop off?

What players can be added, and at what positions, to ensure success?

Should the new faces be rookies acquired through the draft or veterans available on the free agent market?

Given the restraints of the NFL’s salary cap, how do they keep every player they want to keep?

Again, given the limitations of the salary cap, what does the team do with such key players as Darren Sproles, Malcom Floyd and nine others whose contracts are due to expire next month?

And how do they do that while also leaving enough money to sign this extensive list of top players – Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson, Shawne Merriman, Tim Dobbins and Marcus McNeill among others – whose contracts expire after the upcoming season?

The number-one question being discussed by the Chargers’ faithful today is the future of running back LaDainian Tomlinson. Speculation and rumor are running wild.

Tomlinson and Spanos have become close over the years, and the team’s owner called his friend Thursday to explain the process and everything the team must take into account in the months ahead.

“We talked about the situation and I just tried to explain everything that must be considered,” said Spanos. “I told him we haven’t even started our discussions and won’t for awhile, so don’t jump to any conclusions. And I told him I would call him personally to make sure he’s aware of everything that’s going on.”

Could the team do what was once unthinkable and part ways with its future Hall of Fame running back, a player whose list of accomplishments is long but whose time on the field may be running short?

“I wish we knew the answers to all of these questions now, but we don’t,” said General Manager A.J. Smith. “We want our evaluation process to be as thorough as possible. We always start with open minds and with the same goal every year: put together the team that gives us the best chance to bring a championship to San Diego.”

According to the NFL calendar, teams cannot release players until Feb. 9, can’t designate Franchise Players until Feb. 19 and can’t make trades until Feb. 27.

That is why the team, according to Smith, takes this time to assess its position and options. It also provides enough time for the dust to settle on an emotional ending to a season and assure its judgments are based on solid facts for the future and not on the intense disappointment following a season unfulfilled.

“It’s important that we take the time necessary and get input from all of our coaches and personnel people and don’t make rash decisions,” said Smith.

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlin...os-lt-talk.htm

----------

Ya he's done in SD.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #64
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Damn, I miss TD. Remember the class that guy showed when he was robbed of his career by a freak injury? He put on that big smile that was his trademark and just moved on to new pursuits, making lemonade out of the lemon he had been handed. Pure class.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #65
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Those Spanos quotes are telling. He's gone.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote