The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default This is what Uncle Spider does for a living

This is what it looks like when I start to load equipment , this is what we call a RGN ( removable goose neck) ........
Attached Images
 
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

This is what it looks like finished . the goose neck attached
Attached Images
 
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"uncle spider"

thats a creepy pedophile name.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

That's you?

Kindly forward me your detailed itinerary for the next several months, Unkie Spider. I wanna plan to avoid you at all costs
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
"uncle spider"

thats a creepy pedophile name.
Normally I would tell you where to get the **** off , and what to do if you didnt like it .......... but you are just another mother ****er on the net .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
That's you?

Kindly forward me your detailed itinerary for the next several months, Unkie Spider. I wanna plan to avoid you at all costs
yeah , thats me ..... right now I am sitting at a truckstop in Hines Oregon
Oregon routed me down Hwy 140 east to Kalamath Falls , 97 north to Bend , 20 east to Ontario , not a bad route at all
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Normally I would tell you where to get the **** off , and what to do if you didnt like it .......... but you are just another mother ****er on the net .........
belie dat
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

is that all you haul, that type of equipment?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Spider ... do you ever pull up to a port and load up one of these COSCO crates?


(FYI: COSCO = Chinese Overseas Shipping COmpany)

From my desk at home I literally look out on the Port of Seattle all day long and watch them unload those things from COSCO and Hanjin freighters. So next time you're here to assist in the Chinese-ification of America, by all means let me know. I'll buy you a Diet Pepsi
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I about drove that loader off the side of the deck , it is much harder to back a loader on to a trailer then it looks ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,774
Default

So, that's not your rig, Spider? I thought you had your own?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

I still don't know how you drive and type at the same time!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Spider ... do you ever pull up to a port and load up one of these COSCO crates?


(FYI: COSCO = Chinese Overseas Shipping COmpany)

From my desk at home I literally look out on the Port of Seattle all day long and watch them unload those things from COSCO and Hanjin freighters. So next time you're here to assist in the Chinese-ification of America, by all means let me know. I'll buy you a Diet Pepsi
Naw bro , i did containers for about 3 weeks in Savanah GA .... Screw that my man , all of it going to Wal Mart ...... I felt like a sell out ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #14
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
So, that's not your rig, Spider? I thought you had your own?
I did , the triplets medical bills took care of that dream .... I thought for sure I would have another rig by now , but 2 of my boys need braces
i wish I owned this truck and trailer though , pretty bad ass set up
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still don't know how you drive and type at the same time!
multi tasking ........ hauling a 12 foot wide load down the road and telling Tsiguy to **** off got to love the 21 century
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #16
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Spider ... do you ever pull up to a port and load up one of these COSCO crates?


(FYI: COSCO = Chinese Overseas Shipping COmpany)

From my desk at home I literally look out on the Port of Seattle all day long and watch them unload those things from COSCO and Hanjin freighters. So next time you're here to assist in the Chinese-ification of America, by all means let me know. I'll buy you a Diet Pepsi

Where from the largest man-made island in the States, if not the world?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #17
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

So, is it worse to buy our stuff at SAM'S CLUB or COSCO...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #18
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I did , the triplets medical bills took care of that dream .... I thought for sure I would have another rig by now , but 2 of my boys need braces
i wish I owned this truck and trailer though , pretty bad ass set up
So, you get hired as an independent contractor, then? That's not always so bad. I own a studio but did more work free-lance, and wound up taking full-time producing work.... but still take lots of private clients on the side. Lots of hours, but hey.. they pay for my kid's braces! But, that's only recently. I've worked free-lance almost my whole life. I just recently had my first paid holiday. Very strange feeling.

I imagine trucking business is down with the general economy a bit... no?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #19
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
is that all you haul, that type of equipment?
Pavers , bulldozers etc ........ Yes sir . it took me 6 hours to break down load that loader , secure it , then hook back up .........Bulldozer , excavators , take about 5 hours
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #20
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
So, you get hired as an independent contractor, then? That's not always so bad. I own a studio but did more work free-lance, and wound up taking full-time producing work.... but still take lots of private clients on the side. Lots of hours, but hey.. they pay for my kid's braces! But, that's only recently. I've worked free-lance almost my whole life. I just recently had my first paid holiday. Very strange.

I imagine trucking business is down with the general economy a bit... no?
Free lance is the only way to work bro , rough now but it will be better once you got it all down pat
Yeah I still do a 1099 ....... Trucking is running like wild fire right now I already have a load booked out of Great Falls Mt going to Jackson Mississippi ..... spend a few days at the house , then get to motoring on
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #21
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS49 View Post
So, is it worse to buy our stuff at SAM'S CLUB or COSCO...
COSCO is good , I have yet to meet an unhappy employee .... their Drivers wont quit
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #22
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Free lance is the only way to work bro , rough now but it will be better once you got it all down pat
Yeah I still do a 1099 ....... Trucking is running like wild fire right now I already have a load booked out of Great Falls Mt going to Jackson Mississippi ..... spend a few days at the house , then get to motoring on
Yea... I wouldn't have taken staff work, but the made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Being able to keep private clients on the side made it a no-brainer.
That said, nothing is forever in my business. Things evolve regularly.

Glad to hear there are a lot of gigs out there for you right now. I love traveling (driving) ... but I don't know how you do it.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #23
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
COSCO is good , I have yet to meet an unhappy employee .... their Drivers wont quit
Well, COSCO is Chinese Shipping ....CosTco is the Seattle-based good citizen of retail, whose $10 minimum wage for all employees (including the seniors who pass out food samples), is higher than the $8.67 AVERAGE salary of all Wal-Mart store employees.

Which one do you mean?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #24
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS49 View Post
So, is it worse to buy our stuff at SAM'S CLUB or COSCO...
See previous post .... Sam's Club is a Wal-Mart box store.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #25
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yea... I wouldn't have taken staff work, but the made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Being able to keep private clients on the side made it a no-brainer.
That said, nothing is forever in my business. Things evolve regularly.

Glad to hear there are a lot of gigs out there for you right now. I love traveling (driving) ... but I don't know how you do it.
driving a truck is alot different then a car ...Shifting 13 times kinda keeps you busy
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Denver Broncos