The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default am i a rare type of fan?

when i heard shanahan was fired, i didnt weep, cry, come on OM and b**** endlessly about how we just got rid of god almighty himself, or act like the organization as we know it will never be good again. i was shocked, but given the lack of success this team has had over last 10 years, i was ok with it. when we were looking for coaches, i didnt cry at the thought at getting anyone except a certain guy i like (and given the information us as people have, what we know is close to zero), i didnt say "if we get mcdaniels/frazier/morris we are doomed! we must get spags or this franchise will never be good again". now that we hired a guy, im not going off the deep end again about how firing shanahan was a horrible idea, im not predicting the end of the broncos or talking how pat bowlen is a horrible owner. im willing to give the new guy a chance to show us what he can do. why are so many of you ****ing idiots going off the deep end about every move this team makes? why cant you cheer for the team, hope the team gets better and support the head coach of this team, instead of secretly hoping he does bad just so you can get your jollies off that you predicted he would be bad?

i dont understand how some of you can go this nuts about every aspect of football, especially given that all your crazy ridiculous jump off teh deep end posts will make zero impact on this organization. learn to become a true fan. you dont have to 100% agree with everything this team does, but you do not have to go off the ****ing deep end everytime something OTHER than waht you want to happen actually does. chill the **** out and enjoy the game.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

If you didn't douse yourself in gasoline either when Shanahan was fired or McDaniels was hired there's something seriously wrong with you. Seek professional help immediately.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

You're not rare. There are plenty of homers out there.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
You're not rare. There are plenty of homers out there.
so not going off the deep end at every single move the team does makes me a homer huh? being open to new ideas that people MUCH MUCH smarter then me decide to do for the betterment of this team....sorry if you think you are better than this team at making decisions.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Believing that every decision the team makes is a good one is being a homer. It's actually ok to disagree with decisions the team makes. Hell, I'm a huge Shanahan fan, and I can name about two dozen decisions that I couldn't disagree with him more on. They eat me up when I stop to think about them - especially letting Roaf get away to KC. That was crap.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Believing that every decision the team makes is a good one is being a homer. It's actually ok to disagree with decisions the team makes. Hell, I'm a huge Shanahan fan, and I can name about two dozen decisions that I couldn't disagree with him more on. They eat me up when I stop to think about them - especially letting Roaf get away to KC. That was crap.
i believe if you read my entire first post, i said its ok to disagree with teh team. of course it is tehy dont ALWAYS do whats right. but i, unlike a lot of morons here, still support the team. i want the head coach to do good, i dont predict massive failure, and im not gonna go off the deep end after a big loss. are you going to?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
ro_50
Ring of Famer

I think people are passionate about Denver football and we all have opinions of who should be the coach, what plays they run or what players they should draft.

I think a forum is a great way for people to get together and discuss these differences of opinions.

Look at the hire, some like it, some don't and some are taking the wait and see approach (I'm of the latter, I'm taking the wait and see approach with McDaniels).

We live in a world of instant feedback and response, so I don't mind if people are upset w/ the selection, its their opinion and they have a right to voice it.

I tend to be patient. I think its an intriguing hire to say the least. The guy has an impressive resume and seems like the only knock on him is that he's 32 years old.

But I applaud Bowlen for taking the road less traveled w/ this selection.

This offseason is going to be an interesting one.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post

i dont understand how some of you can go this nuts about every aspect of football, .
Some of us live and die with this team. When they win, its an unbelievable high. When they lose, I'm depressed for days and days. How the Broncos do sets up my week. I don't have a wife or any kids. My weekly life is taken hostage by how this team does from Sept-Jan. It's total hardcore love and dedication, its a rollercoaster every minute. That's what being a fan is, dude. That's why we follow this team on an hour by hour basis, not even a day by day one. It's completely hard core. You literally feel PAIN when things go bad. You can literally feel it.

It's like a drug...except alot more addicting. I couldn't get off of this even if I wanted to.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-11-2009 at 10:39 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Some of us live and die with this team. When they win, its an unbelievable high. When they lose, I'm depressed for days and days. How the Broncos do sets up my week. Our lives are taken hostage by this team. It's total hardcore love, its a rollercoaster every minute. That's what being a fan is, dude. That's why we follow this team on an hour by hour basis, not even a day by day one. It's completely hard core. You literally feel PAIN when things go bad. You can literally feel it.

It's like a drug...except alot more addicting. I couldn't get off of this even if I wanted to.
so why do people go absolutely nuts when we pick a HC they dont like, given they know pretty much nothing behind the scenes? take lex for example, or therev and taco john for 2 weeks after shanny got fired. how can anyone like that call themselves a fan. all the people predicting gloom and doom for years to become because of mcdaniels, are they fans too?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
so why do people go absolutely nuts when we pick a HC they dont like, given they know pretty much nothing behind the scenes? take lex for example, or therev and taco john for 2 weeks after shanny got fired. how can anyone like that call themselves a fan. all the people predicting gloom and doom for years to become because of mcdaniels, are they fans too?
We fly off the handle because we CARE. So what if we dont know whats going on behind the scenes. Everyone on this board follows this team very closely....especially the regulars. We'd like to think we are pretty well informed fans and as such we develop strong opinions and views. Combine that with the fact that the Broncos are LITERALLY like life and death to some of us, and when something happens that you really hate, you'll get a huge reaction.

You think I throw around the "Bowlen needs to get assraped by a 15 inch AIDS infected dick" line every day or something?

This isn't just a game, for some of us, its our lives. We take it ultra-seriously. Like way over the line seriously. I know I do. It's not healthy, but you can't really help it sometimes.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-11-2009 at 10:40 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
...and im not gonna go off the deep end after a big loss. are you going to?

Oh for sure. I've taken Broncos losses hard since I was a kid. Only recently have I been able to take any losses in stride, and it was because I felt like I understood what direction this team was going and that the losses were short term until we could direct our considerable resources this offseason towards defensive players.

This team is in "win now" mode. Most fans think that we've got a team poised to win it all within the next three years. Losses that this team faces is not going to be met with ambivalence in Broncos land. Not here. Not anywhere.

Like it or not, there is a huge fissure in the Broncos fan base right now, and the only thing that will heal it is winning.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We fly off the handle because we CARE. So what if we dont know whats going on behind the scenes. Everyone on this board follows this team very closely....especially the regulars. We'd like to think we are pretty well informed fans and as such we develop strong opinions and views. Combine that with the fact that the Broncos are LITERALLY like life and death to some of us, and when something happens that you really hate, you'll get a huge reaction.

You think I throw around the "Bowlen needs to get assraped by a 15 inch AIDS infected dick" line every day or something?
i dont think you understand. im as big a fan as everyone here, i support the TEAM. 10 years and 1 playoff win is not an admirable thing, no coach in the league stays in the game that long with such mediocrity. taco john, lex, therev etc went and freaked out hardcore, insulting anyone and everyone who disagreed with them because they HAD to be right, when they supported such mediocrity. you say they freak out because they care so much, if they cared so much they WOULDNT freak out, they would support the team. not predict massive failure for years to come like so many here have, they are not fans.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
you say they freak out because they care so much, if they cared so much they WOULDNT freak out, they would support the team. not predict massive failure for years to come like so many here have, they are not fans.
We have a different definition of caring then. When I care about something so much as to devote so much time and energy and money and emotion to it as I do the Broncos, I will form alot of opinions on it, some of them very strong. Other people will too. When you see something that you really disagree with, you will get pissed.

I can't agree with your proposition that "because you care about the team= don't freak out and support whatever the team does". This isn't homerland. It's not Broncomania. We don't follow in line like sheep to whatever the team does. We have our own opinions and the team can be and is often wrong (and by contrast, they are also often right too). Getting pissed at that is natural. There's nothing wrong with it. At all.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We have a different definition of caring then. When I care about something so much as to devote so much time and energy and money and emotion to it as I do the Broncos, I will form alot of opinions on it, some of them very strong. Other people will too. When you see something that you really disagree with, you will get pissed.

I can't agree with your proposition that "because you care about the team= don't freak out and support whatever the team does". This isn't homerland. It's not Broncomania. We don't follow in line like sheep to whatever the team does. We have our own opinions and the team can be and is often wrong (and by contrast, they are also often right too). Getting pissed at that is natural. There's nothing wrong with it. At all.
i didnt say you have to agree with everything the team does, you should support them in their decisions though, especially with front office decisions considering no one here is qualified to decide who is the right head coach for this team. we dont have access to interviews or anything else to show us if they will be a good head coach. bowlen and company are professionals, we are fans of teh team they put o the field.

how does you freaking out, considering you have ZERO CONTROL over whatever the team does, help anything other tehn raising your stress? it doesnt, what is wrong with sitting back and enjoying the product pat has put on the field, considering its rarely if ever BAD. true fans dont FREAK OUT over **** they have no real reason to, such as a head coaching position. every candidate was an unknown, pat picked the person he viewed as best, and we should trust his judgement as hes rarely if ever wrong. your opinions honestly dont mean jack considering how little you know of the situation. you read an article on a certain head coach and you think hes the right guy, then read an article on another one and then hes teh right guy. you think that makes you qualified to predict doom and gloom over who the next coach is?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh for sure. I've taken Broncos losses hard since I was a kid. Only recently have I been able to take any losses in stride, and it was because I felt like I understood what direction this team was going and that the losses were short term until we could direct our considerable resources this offseason towards defensive players.

This team is in "win now" mode. Most fans think that we've got a team poised to win it all within the next three years. Losses that this team faces is not going to be met with ambivalence in Broncos land. Not here. Not anywhere.

Like it or not, there is a huge fissure in the Broncos fan base right now, and the only thing that will heal it is winning.
we will never win if everyone goes off the deep end calling for mcd's head after a single horrible loss, which we will almost undoubtedly have this year as we seem to every year.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
10 years and 1 playoff win is not an admirable thing...
This is a fake stat. Our last Superbowl win came in the 1998 season, and we're just finishing the 2008 season which would mean that in the last ten years we've won four playoff games including a Superbowl.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This is a fake stat. Our last Superbowl win came in the 1998 season, and we're just finishing the 2008 season which would mean that in the last ten years we've won four playoff games including a Superbowl.
sorry, 9 years and 1 playoff win. thats a better stat. billick got fired 5 years after winning a SB (or was it 6?) for being unproductive. norv turner has far more playoff wins tehn shanahan the last few years, you see a problem with that?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, 10 years is correct. If youre going to include 2008, 10 years goes back to the beginning of 1999.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #19
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

tsi you are fighting a losing battle. Some people just would be happy with Shanny being HC and keeping the status quo. I actually would have loved Shanny to stay. But the problem is I wanted Shanny the GM to go. Unfortunately that meant the coach followed.

This hire is great if not exceptional now that we know who he is bringing in to coach the Defense. Pretty soon those who disagree will come around.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #20
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
we will never win if everyone goes off the deep end calling for mcd's head after a single horrible loss, which we will almost undoubtedly have this year as we seem to every year.

The situation is what it is. I think what you'll find is that people will generally support McDaniels so long as we're winning. The only way people support a coach through losses is if he's bought that support with a good amount of winning. That's just the NFL. Broncos fans aren't any different than any other team's fans in that regard.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
No, 10 years is correct. If youre going to include 2008, 10 years goes back to the beginning of 1999.

Yes, and at the beginning of 1999 is the playoffs, and then the Atlanta Superbowl in which Elway was MVP.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #22
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yes, and at the beginning of 1999 is the playoffs, and then the Atlanta Superbowl in which Elway was MVP.
Ah, I didnt think you were talking about 365 day years...thought you were talking about NFL seasons.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #23
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

To be fair to Shanahan, winning big with the type of team that Shanahan assembled after all of his skill players retired or got injured was next to impossible for any coach. For Shanahan to bring Denver to the AFC Championship and nearly getting a whiff of the SB a few years back was extraordinary.

You have to say that Denver's drafts have been much more ordinary and productive the last few years.....for some reason, Shanahan seemed to reach for injured players. This year we will have a new coach, the Goodman's will be running the draft, and a new DC will get to build a defense the way he wants to. What can be so bad about a chance to build a defense from scratch....especially when the expectations will be unbelievably low. It kind of reminds me of the way Parcells always picks teams that have big problems to start over with.

Last edited by DarkHorse30; 01-11-2009 at 11:31 PM..
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #24
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

You're the type of fan that makes for boring messageboards.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #25
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

No, you're not rare. It's just that there are quite a lot of people who like to post and like to blow off steam, rejoice, etc. Now I live and die about how the Broncos do on Sundays. My NC-born wife roots for the Broncos to win just so I'll be happy and not mopey and pissed off for a few days. I think there are a lot more fans like you around, but you're on a Broncos message board 2 weeks after the season is over. I was shocked when Shanahan was fired, but only because I thought he was "coach for life" and not for his performance (mainly as GM).

Anonymity + internet message board = Jerry Springer Show.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote