The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

I have NO idea where he will be drafted. IMO he is a Boldin clone. He'll be dangerous in the NFL b/c of his size and strength. Probably won't run much faster than a 4.55 or so... but if he does I see him as a first rounder. In fact, a fast time will put him in the same conversation as Maclin and Crabtree!

What do you guys know about him and where is he projected?

North Carolina wide receiver Hakeem Nicks said Monday he will forego his final year of collegiate eligibility and enter the 2009 NFL Draft. A 6-1, 210-pound junior, Nicks set UNC single-season records in 2008 for receiving yards (1,222) and touchdowns (12). In his final game against West Virginia in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, he caught eight passes for a UNC-bowl record 217 yards and three touchdowns. “I have decided to file the paperwork necessary to enter the 2009 NFL Draft,” said Nicks. “I met with Coach (Butch) Davis after the game and I appreciate the feedback he gave me and the support he has provided during the decision-making process. His contacts in the NFL are invaluable.” A native of Charlotte, N.C., Nicks made several outstanding catches against the Mountaineers, and posted touchdown grabs of 73, 66 and 25 yards in the first half. His 217 yards receiving were the second-most by a Tar Heel, and he became just the third player in school history to post a 200-yard receiving game. His behind-the-back catch against West Virginia was ESPN’s No. 1 play of the bowl season. “Carolina has been a special place for me,” said Nicks. “I want to thank my teammates, the coaching staff and the Tar Heel fans for supporting me during my three years in Chapel Hill. It was a dream come true to play at UNC. I look forward to representing North Carolina in the NFL.” - Sports Wire, Asheville Citizen-Times
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i think he has the talent to be a 1st round pick, but when the combine comes he is going to run in the 4.5-4.6 range and he will end up being available in the 2nd round and possibly even the early 3rd.

especially when considering teams needs, there is a chance he becomes a mid round steal.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

He nice player and other years he might have be solid 2nd to early 3rd. This year due to the number of underclassmen and depth I would put him anywhere between the late 3rd and 5th.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I would not mind drafting him in the 3 round if the Broncos go defence with the first 2 picks.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Even though im a ACC guy i hadnt heard much about him or anything til i saw his Bowl game stats and replays. If he can do stuff like that on a regular base he will be a beast. Right now he is projected to go in the Round 2.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
ANIMAL24
THE SATISFIER

LETS GO DRAFT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DARIUS WATTS

He Was A Beast In That Bowl Game...
ANIMAL24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:40 AM   #7
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Indeed, unfortuantely for Denver that isnt a need for them for the round that he is projected to go. As much as i would like him here that is too high for a spot that isnt a need right now for this team.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:41 AM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

He's a 1st rounder in some recent Mock drafts. As a UNC boy I hope he does well! Not sure he would be a good fit for Denver. Not with Brandon Marshall anyway, too similar. Now, if he somehow fell to the 3rd round... you take him and don't give it a second thought!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: