The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.

And of all places at the Farmer's Market in San Jose. At first I was not going to say anything but I was standing right beside him at one of the tamale stands. I decided to say Hey Coach I'm a big fan of yours and the Broncos how ya doing and yada yada.... I asked him if he had any idea who Bowlen might hire and he said he didn't really know but that they had been grooming Denison for a few years now moving him around to learn first hand as many positions as possible. He said they always knew Kubes would move on that is why they had been keeping a low profile on Dennison all these years because of the eventual plan to have him replace Mike when the time came. Shanny said he thinks Dennison will do a great job if they go in that direction. Coach looked great and said he was really enjoying the weather here and was planning on golfing the new course at Puerto Los Cabos where I worked for a few years. The man is all class. He didn't seem bitter at all.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I would not be bitter either if my employer was on the hook for $20 million.

Hasta luego Senor Bowlen.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Broncobuddy7
\m/ >< \m/

For some of you

That's pretty cool
Broncobuddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Hey now, you were supposed to do this on other boards.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
And of all places at the Farmer's Market in San Jose. At first I was not going to say anything but I was standing right beside him at one of the tamale stands. I decided to say Hey Coach I'm a big fan of yours and the Broncos how ya doing and yada yada.... I asked him if he had any idea who Bowlen might hire and he said he didn't really know but that they had been grooming Denison for a few years now moving him around to learn first hand as many positions as possible. He said they always knew Kubes would move on that is why they had been keeping a low profile on Dennison all these years because of the eventual plan to have him replace Mike when the time came. Shanny said he thinks Dennison will do a great job if they go in that direction. Coach looked great and said he was really enjoying the weather here and was planning on golfing the new course at Puerto Los Cabos where I worked for a few years. The man is all class. He didn't seem bitter at all.
Ok so I'm gonna cry bullsh*t on this one Baja only because we are actively out doing this to other teams boards.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Ok so I'm gonna cry bullsh*t on this one Baja only because we are actively out doing this to other teams boards.
I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it either but it's true. He said he loves cabo with all the great golf courses and the amazing fishing. I took the risk and said I hope he took some time to enjoy it and made the comment "Life is short" lol it just came out. I have a good friend that takes special private parties out fishing on his Bertram 360, Coach took his number so maybe I'll see him again I will try to crew on my friends boat if Shanny does call.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it either but it's true. He said he loves cabo with all the great golf courses and the amazing fishing. I took the risk and said I hope he took some time to enjoy it and made the comment "Life is short" lol it just came out. I have a good friend that takes special private parties out fishing on his Bertram 360, Coach took his number so maybe I'll see him again I will try to crew on my friends boat if Shanny does call.

you was good untile you said fishing ....
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:

Doesn't sound like you told him you wanted change at the end of the year and that he be held accountable for the last 3 seasons.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #9
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I didn't think he liked to fish either but he mentioned he planned to get out on the water and do a little fishing that's when I mentioned my friend he really did seem interested. My friend's boat is decked out.

One thing I came away thinking is how loyal this guy is you could tell he was really pulling for Dennison to get his old job, I thought that was real cool. Dude needs some sun though.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
I didn't think he liked to fish either but he mentioned he planned to get out on the water and do a little fishing that's when I mentioned my friend he really did seem interested. My friend's boat is decked out.

One thing I came away thinking is how loyal this guy is you could tell he was really pulling for Dennison to get his old job, I thought that was real cool. Dude needs some sun though.
lol that last game coach looked like a Mexi ..you are showing cracks ....

Last edited by ~Crash~; 01-10-2009 at 01:18 PM..
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Doesn't sound like you told him you wanted change at the end of the year and that he be held accountable for the last 3 seasons.
You're right I didn't. I have always been a big admirer of Mike Shanahan I voted to give him atleast one more season. I now agree with the move but who here would say that to him? He is a great man and has been a great coach for many years. I was honored to met him.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

That's awesome baja. Thanks for sharing. I hear Shanahan has a vacation home down there.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

What was amazing is nobody else there knew who he was.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Now if Baja hadn't been posting for the past two hours in OTHER threads before posting this news, he might have hooked other posters.

But you don't go from posting in a religious thread and a thread about Al Davis and then say, "Oh wait, I met Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo! Let me tell the rest of the posters about this!"

Good try Baja, but it ain't gonna work.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
You're right I didn't. I have always been a big admirer of Mike Shanahan I voted to give him atleast one more season. I now agree with the move but who here would say that to him? He is a great man and has been a great coach for many years. I was honored to met him.
Those are cool moments. Enjoy it. This Franchise has had only 1 HOF HC I doubt it happens again in my lifetime.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Now if Baja hadn't been posting for the past two hours in OTHER threads before posting this news, he might have hooked other posters.

But you don't go from posting in a religious thread and a thread about Al Davis and then say, "Oh wait, I met Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo! Let me tell the rest of the posters about this!"

Good try Baja, but it ain't gonna work.
I live 5 minutes from the farmers market go looka at the time line there must be at least be a 1 1/2 gap there. At first I wasn't going to say anything about for this very reason I didn't think you guys would believe it. None the less it was a neat experience for and I still might get to go fishing with him. If I do maybe I should just keep that to myself.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Not a surprise how do you think he keeps that tan.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I live 5 minutes from the farmers market go looka at the time line there must be at least be a 1 1/2 gap there. At first I wasn't going to say anything about for this very reason I didn't think you guys would believe it. None the less it was a neat experience for and I still might get to go fishing with him. If I do maybe I should just keep that to myself.
No, there is an 8 minute gap between when you posted in the Al Davis thread and started this thread.

So in 8 minutes, you walked 5 minutes to the farmer's market, bumped in to mike shanahan, talked to shanahan and told him about your friend's boat, how to get in contact with him, talked about Rick Dennison etc, and then walked back 5 minutes, started this thread in about 3 minutes, but somehow managed to do all of this in 8 minutes.

Must be that mexican time!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
... None the less it was a neat experience for and I still might get to go fishing with him. If I do maybe I should just keep that to myself.
If you go fishing with him you have to invite Taco, myself and the other "Shanny lovers".

Shanny's pole would always have a hand on it the whole trip! I mean his fishing pole but Taco might have other ideas.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #20
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Hey now, you were supposed to do this on other boards.
beat me to it
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #21
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
No, there is an 8 minute gap between when you posted in the Al Davis thread and started this thread.

So in 8 minutes, you walked 5 minutes to the farmer's market, bumped in to mike shanahan, talked to shanahan and told him about your friend's boat, how to get in contact with him, talked about Rick Dennison etc, and then walked back 5 minutes, started this thread in about 3 minutes, but somehow managed to do all of this in 8 minutes.

Must be that mexican time!
Dude I was at the farmer's market for about 1 and 1/2 hours maybe longer do all the math you care to but you are wrong.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If you go fishing with him you have to invite Taco, myself and the other "Shanny lovers".

Shanny's pole would always have a hand on it the whole trip! I mean his fishing pole but Taco might have other ideas.

Well I'll post some stuff if it happens but it's far from a sure thing.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #23
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Dude I was at the farmer's market for about 1 and 1/2 hours maybe longer do all the math you care to but you are wrong.
Forum: Thunderdome 01-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Replies: 20 OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.
Views: 46 Posted By baja
I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it...

I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it either but it's true. He said he loves cabo with all the great golf courses and the amazing fishing. I took the risk and said I hope he took some...

Forum: Thunderdome 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Replies: 20 OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.
Views: 46 Posted By baja
OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.

And of all places at the Farmer's Market in San Jose. At first I was not going to say anything but I was standing right beside him at one of the tamale stands. I decided to say Hey Coach I'm a big...

Forum: Thunderdome 01-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Replies: 8 We lost out.......because of Al Davis
Views: 148 Posted By baja
It would'a been cool to win a SB with Kiffen next...

It would'a been cool to win a SB with Kiffen next year if that didn't kill Al don't know what would.
Forum: War, Religion and Politics Thread 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Replies: 32 religious question: did the whole world goto hell after Christianity started?
Views: 154 Posted By baja
Or hire George Bush for exit strategy.

Or hire George Bush for exit strategy.
Forum: War, Religion and Politics Thread 01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Replies: 32 religious question: did the whole world goto hell after Christianity started?
Views: 154 Posted By baja
heaven or hell is a current event

heaven or hell is a current event
Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I left for the farmers market at about 9:15 or 9:30 and was there about an hour and a half go ahead and find a post from me during that time and you will prove me a lier. Be a hero do it.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #25
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Cabo time is the same as denver time.