The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default Mock 3.0

As with before, my mocks are taking somewhat into account that the Broncos will make a play in FA for a S, LB, or DE. So depending on some of that will determine how my final mock will look. But, this is how i would like to see it go down for now.

Mock v3.0

Round 1: Taylor Mays S (USC)

The more and more i think about it the more i like taking a S this year first. Sure, there are others who could do as well but something about this kid i really like. I still wouldnt be hurt if we took a LB or DE here either but i truly think this kid is to good too pass up.

Round 2: Shonn Greene RB (Iowa)

Like verison 2.0 i still like the Greene pick. Denver needs a quality RB and they need one who is going to help Hillis hit the line like a battering ram. Greene is a beast and is exactly what this team needs to regain their running dominance again.

Round 3: Jason Phillips LB (TCU)

I had Phillips taken in this round in version 1.0 and ive come back to him here. If Denver decides to pass on a LB in the first round than the quality is here with Phillips in the 3rd.

Round 4: Shawn Nelson TE (Southern Miss)

Again, as with the last mock i still like Nelson here. Fact is, at LB and DE the quality drops significantly at those positions so then where do you go? Sheffler is a great TE...when he is healthy which is something that has plagued him since coming to Denver. Is it a conditioning problem? Who knows. But Denver cant bank on that and just like they need a quality back they need a quality TE if at the very least for depth purposes and Nelson is good here.

Round 5: Sam Swank K (Wake Forest)

Im still not sold that Prater is the anti-christ but should Denver decide to move in another direction when it comes to the kicking game than dont settle for mediocre or less. Swank is one if not the best kicker in college right now.

Round 5: Aaron Kelly WR (Clemson)

Kelly could be a reach but if he continues to do what he did his last year he could become a very useful wideout and would compliment Marshall and Royal nicely.

Round 5: Lawrence Sidbury DE (Richmond)

The first 2 versions i had taken Sidbury in the 6th where he was projected. But, considering what i can still get with picks 6 and 7 i moved up to grab him. I still think this guy will be the sleeper in the draft and i hope Denver considers him.

Round 6: Andre Brown RB (N.C. State)

As previously mentioned i had Brown taken on the last pick but Brown isnt projected to go until the 6th round either so i swapped them going with defense first. Ironically though, i would have to agree with Lex (imagine that) that i think Brown is actually a top tier back and would be a steal anywhere past the 4th round.

Round 7: Stephen Hodge S (TCU)

I still like adding more safety help in this draft or FA. Hodge played on one of the best defenses this year and had a huge day in their bowl matchup this year. Lets just say he left a lasting impression on me so im still a little shocked of his undervalue. But hey? Thats good for a team like the Broncos right? Hillis anyone?
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

your missing a pick in either the 6th or 7th for Foxworth.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
your missing a pick in either the 6th or 7th for Foxworth.
Am i? Or was that the extra 5th? Either way, when i get a final draft list ill make the necessary adjustments. Thanks. I knew my agent was good for something.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Am i? Or was that the extra 5th? Either way, when i get a final draft list ill make the necessary adjustments. Thanks. I knew my agent was good for something.
The 5ths are from Seattle (Colbert) and maybe Dallas (Holland)
Old 01-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
The 5ths are from Seattle (Colbert) and maybe Dallas (Holland)
ah, ok. Well, ill have to try and find a list of what we will have then. I thought this was the updated list.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #6
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

I love the first pick! Take it everyday of the week. The rest I could live with and wouldnt be upset at all. But, I would rather get a DE and LB earlier. I know this O is 1 RB away from greatness, but our D is soooooooo bad.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bAbronco2 View Post
I love the first pick! Take it everyday of the week. The rest I could live with and wouldnt be upset at all. But, I would rather get a DE and LB earlier. I know this O is 1 RB away from greatness, but our D is soooooooo bad.
All very true but one thing that would help our defense get back on track is obviously making solid picks in the draft, maybe signing a FA who is proven, and 3 a much needed improvement in the running game. Our offense is great except when we have to control the clock which we just cant do right now. Not too mention, until this defense gets back on track we need to give it any kind of help possible and if that means utilizing a much more efficient running game than i think that is what this team needs to do. Its bad enough our defense was terrible but its a whole other problem when our offense scores so fast that it puts them back out there to quickly. So using some of Lex's logic here is you can run the ball you can control the clock and control the tempo. We just cant do that right now with the running game.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #8
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I really like this draft but no kicker in the 5 round. The Broncos should target Shayne Grahm as a free agent . I also prefer Donald Brown to Green because Brown has more speed and to the prefect North- South runner for our offensive scheme. Real solid draft all the way through but no DT. I know you cann't get every thing you want in the draft. Maybe get a guy like Chis Baker , Good productive player with character issues that might fall to 5 round instead of kicker.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

IMHO there is to much offence in this draft. I doubt we will go with a TE in the 4th because I think that we will use Hillis in the Hback spot that will eat some of the touches for Sheffler and Graham and negate the need for another TE. I could see that pick as a interior OL though. And as far as green goes I like him but if McCoy is there you have to take him. Phillips is a good pick but I could see him falling into the 4th depending on his measurements at the combine. For what its worth the WR you picked is good but if we are taking a WR he had better be the best damn return man available and if we are going that route I figure there is probably a CB who could do the job. I was a little suprised not to find some of the DTs that should be there in the 4-5th in the mock (assumeing we can get a DL coach who might actually develop talent) It is still early and I know this is a work in progress I just think you have to many luxury picks here and not enough substance.
nickademus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #10
Vladimir
#1 Oregon Broncos fan

Go Ducks!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Dawkins!!

I believe Taylor Mays is staying at USC for his senior season?
Vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #11
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
I believe Taylor Mays is staying at USC for his senior season?
He has not officially declared but all signs are pointing that he is coming out.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

I heard his mommy is pushing hard for him to stay.
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: