The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default If Moreno is available?

If Hypothetically Moreno is available along with these other three, who do you want?

A. Moreno
B. T. Mays
C. Curry
D. Maualuga

I know our defense was our weakness, however im not throwing my shoe at the TV if we go with Moreno. Reminds me a little of AP
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
If Hypothetically Moreno is available along with these other three, who do you want?

A. Moreno
B. T. Mays
C. Curry
D. Maualuga

I know our defense was our weakness, however im not throwing my shoe at the TV if we go with Moreno. Reminds me a little of AP

I'm a Chris Wells fan personally. He's from the neighborhood, went to HS with my son 2 blocks away at Garfield and he's a very nice kid. His game speaks for itself.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

A. Moreno
B. T. Mays
C. Curry
D. Maualuga

What is it that reminds you of AP? Is it the lack of size, speed, or physicality? I'd take any of those guys over Moreno.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Would you be ok with the Wells pick over a pick on our 30th ranked D?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I like Beanie a lot, for obvious reasons. I'd rather take an impact player on D at this time. I might change my mind depending on who declares, who is our coach, combine results, compensatory picks, and who we pick up in FA.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:

A. Moreno
B. T. Mays
C. Curry
D. Maualuga

No well, I don't think Moreno will that good a back in the NFl

of your list

Curry
Mays
Raji
Maualuga
moreno
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

This is going to be a defensive draft, mostly. The first guy we take is going to have to be a starter out of the box.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wells is the only RB Im interested in taking at 12 and Id very much like to have him. I think he could be the game controlling RB we need that is both physical and also is able to take it the distance. I think a game controlling RB could help the D enormously.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How can you ask this when youre the one who proposed Moreno?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I like Moreno better than Wells. That said I feel like the list should be:
Curry
Spikes
Nitus
Maualuga
Moreno
Wells
Of the three first round MLB's I really think that Spikes will be the best pro, however Curry is a freak of nature and I doubt he makes it out of the top ten picks. I like Rey Rey as a Sam but as a MLB he reminds me to much of Webster only more explosive. Unless Mt. Cody comes out I dont want a first round DT I am not real impressed with the DE's in this draft either. I feel like the combine will answer alot of questions this year.
nickademus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
I like Beanie a lot, for obvious reasons. I'd rather take an impact player on D at this time. I might change my mind depending on who declares, who is our coach, combine results, compensatory picks, and who we pick up in FA.
Knowshon Moreno is just as good if not better than Wells. Wells gets the hype from playing in a soft conference against soft opponents. I would like to see Wells get 1600 yards in the SEC like Moreno did. Personally, I don't think he could do it.

Beanie Wells might very well be the next Mike Anderson. At his size, he doesn't have the breakaway speed to be anything more than that.

Hell, Patrick Hillis might be better than Wells.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Wells is the only RB Im interested in taking at 12 and Id very much like to have him. I think he could be the game controlling RB we need that is both physical and also is able to take it the distance. I think a game controlling RB could help the D enormously.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Doesnt his injury history bother you? if this kid hadnt been so nicked up the past few years I would like him a hell of a lot more. His style is perfect for us and you cant deny his talent but I hate that he misses time the way he does, and there are rumers that he doesnt like to practice. Who knows maybe he would be different as a pro but there are definitely some off the field stuff here that has less to do with character and more to do with professionalism and if he can fix this or if its all BS then great but if not take a LB and give me Shaun Green or Davis in the 2nd or 3rd. I have a feeling that Moreno is going to have a bad Combine and could slip to the 2nd and I love him in the second.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Knowshon Moreno is just as good if not better than Wells. Wells gets the hype from playing in a soft conference against soft opponents. I would like to see Wells get 1600 yards in the SEC like Moreno did. Personally, I don't think he could do it.

Beanie Wells might very well be the next Mike Anderson. At his size, he doesn't have the breakaway speed to be anything more than that.

Hell, Peyton Hillis might be better than Wells.
Fixed it for you.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

On the contrary, I dote on the SEC as much as the next guy but the fact of the matter is, when its a big game, Wells comes up big. Check out what he did against LSU last year in the NC game. Also, every time he has played against Michigan, he has had TDs of over 50 yards.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickademus View Post
Doesnt his injury history bother you? if this kid hadnt been so nicked up the past few years I would like him a hell of a lot more. His style is perfect for us and you cant deny his talent but I hate that he misses time the way he does, and there are rumers that he doesnt like to practice. Who knows maybe he would be different as a pro but there are definitely some off the field stuff here that has less to do with character and more to do with professionalism and if he can fix this or if its all BS then great but if not take a LB and give me Shaun Green or Davis in the 2nd or 3rd. I have a feeling that Moreno is going to have a bad Combine and could slip to the 2nd and I love him in the second.
He had 1600 yards with a bad ankle and a bad wrist? I like it that he can perform through that. I think this year was his first stint of missing games. I think he has only missed one game a year from injury if you average it out, though I could be wrong on that.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Wells?
No thanks
Moreno?
maybe

But I would rather have Spikes, Curry, Brown, Johnson, Mays, or one of the top DTs over a RB in the first
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #18
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
How can you ask this when youre the one who proposed Moreno?
I didn't propose Moreno, just saying most of the people seem to be wanting an impact defensive pick (me included). Just curious to see if this board would explode if we did go with an RB pick. Personally I think Moreno is a game changer. Im not big on Beanie but you can't argue with his stats.

Just wanting to see what people want more, a stud RB or stud defender
Old 01-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #19
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

You must not watch enough Buckeye football. He has plenty of break away speed. He was clocked at a 4.5 forty as a senior in HS. I imagine with a speed coach, he will run faster at the combine. He averaged 7.3 yards a rush against LSU last season. The great Darren McFadden rushed for 6.4 against the same D. If anything, it was harder for Wells, he was facing a healthy Glenn Dorsey. As far as his injury past, he didn't miss a game last year while dealing with ankle and wrist injuries. He said he was ready to go this season by the USC game, but Tressel wouldn't let him play. I will say that I question his receiving abilities, but that is only because the Buckeyes rarely pass out of the backfield.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #20
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

One more thing, Moreno averaged 2.7 yards against Mich St. yesterday, Beanie ran for 4.5 yards a carry.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
What is it that reminds you of AP? Is it the lack of size, speed, or physicality? I'd take any of those guys over Moreno.
Im not quite sure if your being sarcastic or not, or you just don't watch much SEC games. But the last thing he lacks is speed or physiciality. Dude finishes runs with authority. He is 5"11 and 210 lbs so it's not like he is extremely small.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #22
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
One more thing, Moreno averaged 2.7 yards against Mich St. yesterday, Beanie ran for 4.5 yards a carry.
He still had over 120 yds. total offense and a TD in the game. BTW he averaged 5.6 ypc for the season
Old 01-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Im not quite sure if your being sarcastic or not, or you just don't watch much SEC games. But the last thing he lacks is speed or physiciality. Dude finishes runs with authority. He is 5"11 and 210 lbs so it's not like he is extremely small.
I've watched a few of his games. I think he's a damn good back, but I'm partial to Beanie. Could just be my own personal bias, but I've watched all of his games and I've found him to be dominant in nearly all. Yesterday Moreno didn't show up against Mich St at all. I bet he runs a 4.4 like Peterson, may even be faster, but I haven't seen him run over people the way Peterson did and I know he isn't nearly as physical as Beanie. But it doesn't matter to me, I don't want a RB in the first round.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He still had over 120 yds. total offense and a TD in the game. BTW he averaged 5.6 ypc for the season
Michigan St. has the 71st rush D in the NCAA. Not exactly elite competition and he still put up mediocre stats.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
YES!!!

regardless of who we pick on defense in this draft, our defensive unit will still be a work in progress, and again we will lean on the offense to win games. so to aid Cutler and the rest of the offense, as well as keep the time our defense in on the field a RB makes a lot of sense. plus it is an immediate playmaker addition to the team and our points scored goes up, we become more consistent, Jay has better passing options, and we become a complete balanced offense.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: