The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Get it out of your system now, Shanahan Haters...

...please. We know you want to get rid of Mike Shanahan, so go ahead and get it out of your system now. Pretty soon, though, it's going to be clear that Shanahan is going nowhere, and the focus will no longer be on whether Shanahan should be here or not, but what happens next.

So get it out now, but please - when that focus shifts to reality, lets keep the discussion on the moves the Broncos are making, and not the man, and have a productive offseason of discussion.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

That's like telling a drunk, "We'll discuss everything BUT your drinking."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
telluride
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
--Rulon!--

I don't hate Shanahan. I'm just tired of him. And I think the team would improve by making a change.

That's not hate, or denial, or venting. Just a simple observation.
telluride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
...please. We know you want to get rid of Mike Shanahan, so go ahead and get it out of your system now. Pretty soon, though, it's going to be clear that Shanahan is going nowhere, and the focus will no longer be on whether Shanahan should be here or not, but what happens next.

So get it out now, but please - when that focus shifts to reality, lets keep the discussion on the moves the Broncos are making, and not the man, and have a productive offseason of discussion.
You need to get, thinking everything is fine, out of your system.
Ironlung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Shanny has lost it. This was his proving year remember?? Playoffs or bust. No more excuses, he put "his" man in place as Bates was his final scape goat.

Three game lead with three games remaining... worst collapse in HISTORY and you still support Shanahan? To make matters worse he doesn't want to rid himself of his mistake! This sucks!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

with shanny at the helm expect another year of crap defense and special teams, and stale play calling on offense.looking forward to 2009.....
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

i don't hate him. i just think that the game has perhaps passed him by. you need to be around new ideas or you get stale in this league. i think he's been surrounded by yes men for so long, he's not being exposed to anything truly innovative going on in the league and the good young assistant coaches coming into the league have not been spending any time in Denver.

my proof... the old shanny could gameplan with the best of them. you gave him 2 weeks to prepare for a tough opponent and he could find a way to beat that opponent. i haven't seen that sort of game planning from him and his staff for at least 6 years now. e.g., he had 2 weeks this season to prepare for Miami and the Broncos showed up wholly unprepared for what Miami showed them. that tells me he either doesn't have an answer for anything new the other team might show him, or can't come up with anything new to show the other team, or both.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
I don't hate Shanahan. I'm just tired of him. And I think the team would improve by making a change.

That's not hate, or denial, or venting. Just a simple observation.

Realistic. I've been thinking the same thing for some time. I would say 7 out of every 10 Bronco fans I know are tire of Shanny. But, most are in the same, "who is better" mindset. Nobody is going to be better than Shanny, but this team needs a change.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #9
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

That's it. Have a good cry. Get it all out...
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
I would say 7 out of every 10 Bronco fans I know are tire of Shanny.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75257
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #11
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I personally think one more year like this and Shanny will step down he looks like he doesn,t have the fire or desire to keep endearing this kinda sh*t
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #12
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Taco you should probably start another thread for shanny supporters so they can use the 2 superbowls that he won 10 years ago as reasons for him staying....
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

So what is your breaking point TJ? Is the worst collapse in history not bothering you? Three game lead with three games to go and NORV TURNER outcoaches Shanny. How does that not affect you?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #14
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That's like telling a drunk, "We'll discuss everything BUT your drinking."

I'm not saying don't discuss it. I'm saying *do* discuss it. But at some point in time, that discussion is going to be irrelevant because Bowlen won't have taken action. I'm hoping that at that point, we can move on from "we should fire Shanahan" to "let's look at the moves this team is/isn't making.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Shanny has lost it. This was his proving year remember?? Playoffs or bust. No more excuses, he put "his" man in place as Bates was his final scape goat.

Three game lead with three games remaining... worst collapse in HISTORY and you still support Shanahan? To make matters worse he doesn't want to rid himself of his mistake! This sucks!
While I can't defend the man in already saying he will retain Sloyuck the 3 game collapse is actually defensible. 17 plaers on the IR 7 backs and losing Hillis just killed it. But the problem lies before the collapse in the games they threw away.

I don't hate Shanahan and will support him as he will stay but man this game is getting tired.

Sorry TJ its going to be a long offseason. I think it will serve many of us well to take a break from this place. Because nothing will stop the likes of bandwagon wolf from just plain trolling.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #16
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Do a new one after tanking the season and sticking with Slowick!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #17
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
While I can't defend the man in already saying he will retain Sloyuck the 3 game collapse is actually defensible. 17 plaers on the IR 7 backs and losing Hillis just killed it. But the problem lies before the collapse in the games they threw away.

I don't hate Shanahan and will support him as he will stay but man this game is getting tired.

Sorry TJ its going to be a long offseason. I think it will serve many of us well to take a break from this place. Because nothing will stop the likes of bandwagon wolf from just plain trolling.
I don't hate Shanny either. In fact I think he's a helluva coach. But something isn't right with him. Our teams have not looked very good lately. To make matters worse, Bowlen has now restricted his spending. It's basically, hey your the best coach now go beat teams with superior talent b/c you're a great coach... and he can't do it!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
So what is your breaking point TJ? Is the worst collapse in history not bothering you? Three game lead with three games to go and NORV TURNER outcoaches Shanny. How does that not affect you?

Whatever my breaking point is, this isn't it. I see a team with a bright future ahead of it, being built like it should have been built years ago. I'm frustrated like everyone else, but I can live with that frustration knowing that we've got a powerhouse offense in the making, and at this point we can start putting the bulk of our focus on building a defense.

If we were still in "plug and play" mode, I might feel as hopeless as some of you do. But I don't feel hopeless at all. I feel like we're on the verge of having a powerhouse team that will remain in contention for a good long time.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #19
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Whatever my breaking point is, this isn't it. I see a team with a bright future ahead of it, being built like it should have been built years ago. I'm frustrated like everyone else, but I can live with that frustration knowing that we've got a powerhouse offense in the making, and at this point we can start putting the bulk of our focus on building a defense.

If we were still in "plug and play" mode, I might feel as hopeless as some of you do. But I don't feel hopeless at all. I feel like we're on the verge of having a powerhouse team that will remain in contention for a good long time.

Offensively I agree. On defense, I've seen nothing since Shanny has been here to give me any confidence that we may turn it around. Do tell, what good is a dominant offense that has to score 31 points per game with only 3 or 4 possessions per half b/c the other team has the ball for 40 minutes per game!!?? How do you feel about keeping Slowick?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I don't hate Shanny at all, what I do hate is watching the Broncos play the role of the woman in a Lifetime special

beaten and raped and afraid to make a change
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #21
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:

Keeping Slowick is my breaking point. Get rid of him or demote him and bring in a "real" DC. It's not about a scapegoat, it's about making the wrong choice for the position and fixing it! Keeping Slowick just puts us one more year behind. The bright future you are referring cannot be realized with Slowick as the DC.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #22
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

I am going to digest the offseason and draft before I choose a side. I am still leaning on my faith in Shanahan as I am convinced he is in a rebuild mode regardless of how this season turned out. I am certain he knew we would not be going very far even if we made the playoffs.

How would the "Shanny must go" crowd react if we signed a Haynesworht or Peppers and drafted Ray Maualuga? Just curious.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #23
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Keeping Slowick is my breaking point. Get rid of him or demote him and bring in a "real" DC. It's not about a scapegoat, it's about making the wrong choice for the position and fixing it! Keeping Slowick just puts us one more year behind. The bright future you are referring cannot be realized with Slowick as the DC.
The sad thing about Slowik is that heīs probably the one benefitting from Shanahanīs decision to fire one DC after another. If Slowik stays in charge of the defense it will be because they donīt want to fire yet another DC. They finally do have some patience, but they have patience with the wrong guy.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
That's it. Have a good cry. Get it all out...
There is a certain smugness that is born of denial that is irritating as hell to those of us that do not share that denial.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #25
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
I am going to digest the offseason and draft before I choose a side. I am still leaning on my faith in Shanahan as I am convinced he is in a rebuild mode regardless of how this season turned out. I am certain he knew we would not be going very far even if we made the playoffs.

How would the "Shanny must go" crowd react if we signed a Haynesworht or Peppers and drafted Ray Maualuga? Just curious.
I would lay off Shanny must go crowd if we signed and drafted those guys but. I'm expecting more Boss Bailey type moves.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote