The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #51
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Don't tear down my artificial high, Apa. I was thinking for once I wasn't hideous.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #52
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Don't tear down my artificial high, Apa. I was thinking for once I wasn't hideous.
No way man you have a face for radio..........

Just giving you some grief!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #53
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Best of luck, Req!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #54
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Here's a little bit from my Facebook Blog, it's the update I have -- and here it is for you.

Hello everyone. First and foremost, a big thanks to all those who have expressed their shares and concerns, along with well wishes and prayers. I cannot explain how thankful I am for all of that, and cannot tell you how blessed I am to have the family, friends and support that I do. It means the world to me that you are here in this time for me.

This evening I talked with my doctor and I was diagnosed with Minimal Change Disease. To sum it up, this is what is causing my Nephrotic Syndrome. Great news though -- it's very, very, very treatable! I will be taking a steroid Prednisone for about two months (8 weeks) to fight this off. Two tablets a day, twice a day. On the other hand, relapse sometimes does happen -- but if I keep steady with it, I should be just fine.

Doc said I'd probably get some acne, which sucks cause I never had that problem -- but who cares!? Insomnia is probably likely, along with some weight gain. Not a big deal either, because when I'm all better I'll be working out for sure. He also said depression is common, but guess what? I have all of you here for me so I'm not going to be depressed at all.

Guess it doesn't look like I'll be playing in the NFL though -- since steroids are a no-no, so one of my childhood dreams has been shot down!

At any case, I'm starting treatment tonight and will have about a whole month of time off through the treatment so I'll be under little stress and around the people that I love.

With all my heart and strength, I will beat the pants off of this Minimal Change Disease and Nephrotic System and be my regular self within no time.

Hugs and high fives for all of you who are in this with me. You're a source of hope and inspiration, and I am in debt to you all for your sincerity and gratitude.

Much love and thanks,

Christopher D. Hart
Old 12-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #55
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

great news Req. You have three days to celebrate, then we will send Spider to give you a throat punch for scaring us. ()
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #56
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Man, life is box of chocolates isn't it? Why.

I feel bad for everyonewho suffers. Some people deal with health problems, others deal with money problems, and most of deal with social problems.

Count your blessings. I don't know, but just do.

Get well, req. You gonna come out good and strong from all this bs.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #57
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Does this just mean you were stuck in puberty?

You'll have hair on your back in no time!
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #58
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I didn't realize you were having health problems, guess I didn't venture over here.

Just hang tough man, I'll be thinking of ya on the 28th.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #59
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
I will be taking a steroid Prednisone for about two months (8 weeks) to fight this off. Two tablets a day, twice a day.
Whoa! My dog has lupus and the vet prescribed Prednisone for him. Weird coincidence!

And of course I hope you feel better soon!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #60
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You're one of my favorite posters here, and as Dream. Get well soon.
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #61
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

That is good news....best of luck in your treatment.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #62
Sodak
Clueless...

Who stole my avatar?

Awesome news. Good luck.
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:12 AM   #63
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Quote:
Here's a little bit from my Facebook Blog, it's the update I have -- and here it is for you.

Hello everyone. First and foremost, a big thanks to all those who have expressed their shares and concerns, along with well wishes and prayers. I cannot explain how thankful I am for all of that, and cannot tell you how blessed I am to have the family, friends and support that I do. It means the world to me that you are here in this time for me.

This evening I talked with my doctor and I was diagnosed with Minimal Change Disease. To sum it up, this is what is causing my Nephrotic Syndrome. Great news though -- it's very, very, very treatable! I will be taking a steroid Prednisone for about two months (8 weeks) to fight this off. Two tablets a day, twice a day. On the other hand, relapse sometimes does happen -- but if I keep steady with it, I should be just fine.

Doc said I'd probably get some acne, which sucks cause I never had that problem -- but who cares!? Insomnia is probably likely, along with some weight gain. Not a big deal either, because when I'm all better I'll be working out for sure. He also said depression is common, but guess what? I have all of you here for me so I'm not going to be depressed at all.

Guess it doesn't look like I'll be playing in the NFL though -- since steroids are a no-no, so one of my childhood dreams has been shot down!

At any case, I'm starting treatment tonight and will have about a whole month of time off through the treatment so I'll be under little stress and around the people that I love.

With all my heart and strength, I will beat the pants off of this Minimal Change Disease and Nephrotic System and be my regular self within no time.

Hugs and high fives for all of you who are in this with me. You're a source of hope and inspiration, and I am in debt to you all for your sincerity and gratitude.

Much love and thanks,

Christopher D. Hart
Good to hear that you are treatable. I am taking prednisone too. 3 tabs a day (60mg.) Been taking it for about 3 months, so they are stepping me down to 40mg for 4 weeks then 30 then 20 then 10. Staying on prednisone has it's side effects. Weight gain is certainly one of them. Bone density loss is another. Your sex drive will take a hit too. I've always had a strong drive, but I probably have 40% of what I had before I started taking the steroids. Your immune sysytem will also be non existent. Be careful. You dont have to shake everybodys hand. Stay away from sick people. If you are married, sleep on the couch if the wife is sick. If you get sick it's tough to get well again.

Your allergies are gone on prednisone. I have always had allergies. Sinus drainage, lung congestion..........GONE! In that way, I breath better than I ever have. That was the single biggest benefit for me in taking the steroid. It gave be back a small percentage of lung capacity that my lung disease had taken from me.

You will have increased energy, appetite, and will have increased intensity in your emotions. When you are sad, you'll be pretty sad. When happy, you'll be happier than normal. Dont let these increases get you too down.

Good luck with your treatment. As always, the longer you are on treatement the less discipline we tend to have later in our teatement. Stay on course and do what you are supposed to do. The best chance for success is to do everything you can to succeed. Not just what's convenient.

Take care.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #64
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Congratulations on the good news, Req. Be vigilant with the doctors orders and get better as soon as possible.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #65
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Good news Req, keep us up to date.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #66
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thank you guys so much. CrazyHorse, is there anything to combat the weight gain? I am going to exercise and be on a treadmill and bike back home as much as possible and obviously limit my sodium intake and eat healthier, but does that even do the trick?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #67
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Whoa! My dog has lupus and the vet prescribed Prednisone for him. Weird coincidence!

And of course I hope you feel better soon!
HA my dog has Lupus TOO! I choose not to go with Prednisone as its not an issue right now.

My other dog that passed away a year ago had lymphoma cancer and they had him on that until he died.

Its kind of a cure all steroid they gave it to my boss for her bronchitis and coughing spells.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:19 AM   #68
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Thank you guys so much. CrazyHorse, is there anything to combat the weight gain? I am going to exercise and be on a treadmill and bike back home as much as possible and obviously limit my sodium intake and eat healthier, but does that even do the trick?

The weight gain is a tough thing to fight due to water weight. The appetite increase is tough to fight as well. From what I understand from others I've talked to, you will lose the weight when you come off the prednisone. The doc told me that everyone gains weight. You also get what they call a moon face. Your face will fill out and become somewhat round. What that means is, your neck will fill out.

All those things you mentioned will help. I also asked for a water pill recently to help combat water retention. In the end, I have gained 13 lbs. I was told that many gain as much as 30 to 40 lbs. So in that light, I have done well. But I have always been a weight lifter and disciplined in my diet. So wieght control is something I have been very good at.

I expect I will lose the weight once I come off the prednisone for a bit.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #69
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thanks so much CH. I hope things continue to go well for you.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:11 AM   #70
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

It's been almost a week since I've updated, so I thought I'd give ya'll a whirl.

Treatment is going well it seems. Yes, my appetite has increased (greatly, but I think it's good in a way because I am eating good foods, normal foods and back to a normal Chris diet after eating crap mostly all at school) due to the Prednisone, but other than that there haven't been that many crazy side effects. I've been very positive and happy; and the Doc said that euphoric increases are common -- and it's good I'm happy because if I was sad I'd be a lot more sad. So -- that's positive.

My legs still have swelling (and will probably until I'm completely in remission) but they're looking skinny again and I have a lot more mobility. In fact, my whole body looks different. I haven't ever been the cut-ab kid, but I can't even tell you how much water weight it looks like I've lost. I don't like going on scales because I'm self-conscious in that respect -- but my legs look to be half of what they were, even areas around my hips and mid-section seem to have been drained of fluids in some way because I'm a lot smaller.

Let's put it this way: My grandpa gave me a pair of of some super cool VFW large sweats (and I'm gonna order some too, with a fleece cause they're badass) when I got here and they were a little tight because of the swelling. I woke up to urinate this morning and they were already falling off my butt a little bit.

I feel better, I look better and honestly I haven't felt this sexy in a while. It's just a huge confidence booster to get better mobility back and to look better. This is all making me really positive and I couldn't be more thrilled with how things are going.

Looks like I might get some stria (more stretch marks) because I probably am going to fluctuate in weight (gain some, lose some from water weight, etc) -- but who cares. It's sort of silly to me, but I've always had delicate skin and some of those anyway. I have a little joint pain, but I think that could be due to all the changes I'm going through. Other than that, really no complaints. I kinda dig the insomnia, hyperactivity and stuff.

I don't know guys, this post is probably all over the place and seem really antsy but I'm super stoked about how things are going. I can't thank you all enough for the prayers, well wishes and continued support. It's been awesome and I look forward to keep on treatin' myself to a good lifestyle while I'm back home.

Thank you once again, bless you all and I hope all your finals went well and that you have safe trips home and a ballin' Holiday season.

Warmest regards,

Christopher D. Hart -- aka C-Rock, aka Gingersnap, aka Da Ginge Cringe, aka Da Lion
Old 12-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #71
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
It's been almost a week since I've updated, so I thought I'd give ya'll a whirl.

Treatment is going well it seems. Yes, my appetite has increased (greatly, but I think it's good in a way because I am eating good foods, normal foods and back to a normal Chris diet after eating crap mostly all at school) due to the Prednisone, but other than that there haven't been that many crazy side effects. I've been very positive and happy; and the Doc said that euphoric increases are common -- and it's good I'm happy because if I was sad I'd be a lot more sad. So -- that's positive.

My legs still have swelling (and will probably until I'm completely in remission) but they're looking skinny again and I have a lot more mobility. In fact, my whole body looks different. I haven't ever been the cut-ab kid, but I can't even tell you how much water weight it looks like I've lost. I don't like going on scales because I'm self-conscious in that respect -- but my legs look to be half of what they were, even areas around my hips and mid-section seem to have been drained of fluids in some way because I'm a lot smaller.

Let's put it this way: My grandpa gave me a pair of of some super cool VFW large sweats (and I'm gonna order some too, with a fleece cause they're badass) when I got here and they were a little tight because of the swelling. I woke up to urinate this morning and they were already falling off my butt a little bit.

I feel better, I look better and honestly I haven't felt this sexy in a while. It's just a huge confidence booster to get better mobility back and to look better. This is all making me really positive and I couldn't be more thrilled with how things are going.

Looks like I might get some stria (more stretch marks) because I probably am going to fluctuate in weight (gain some, lose some from water weight, etc) -- but who cares. It's sort of silly to me, but I've always had delicate skin and some of those anyway. I have a little joint pain, but I think that could be due to all the changes I'm going through. Other than that, really no complaints. I kinda dig the insomnia, hyperactivity and stuff.

I don't know guys, this post is probably all over the place and seem really antsy but I'm super stoked about how things are going. I can't thank you all enough for the prayers, well wishes and continued support. It's been awesome and I look forward to keep on treatin' myself to a good lifestyle while I'm back home.

Thank you once again, bless you all and I hope all your finals went well and that you have safe trips home and a ballin' Holiday season.

Warmest regards,

Christopher D. Hart -- aka C-Rock, aka Gingersnap, aka Da Ginge Cringe, aka Da Lion
Good to hear, man!

Yeah, it sounds like that prednisone is kicking in. . Now go get something around the house done with your new found energy.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #72
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Good luck, man. Glad you're feeling sexy again!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #73
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

Warmest regards,

Yeah so... what happened with the hot nurse?

Glad your getting better and finals went pretty good on this end. Hope you did well on that too.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #74
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thanks guys, and yeah ALF -- it looks like I might make honor roll (3.5+) in college this semester. Surprised by an A I got in a course I wasn't expecting. So, I'm happy. I'll try and update as much as possible. Bless you all once again.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #75
Fan In Exile
Random Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Req I wish you all the best, glad to hear that you're doing well.
Fan In Exile is offline   Reply With Quote