The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #1376
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Tony Gonalez could end up with 1150 to 1200 career receptions.

That record (receptions by a TE) will not be broken for a long time.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #1377
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Jason Elam only needs 17 points to reach 2000 points for his career.

I know he has been struggling and the Falcons have been trying out some other kickers....I hope he is able to get to the 2000 point mark.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #1378
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

2009 could be Reggie Bush's last year in New Orleans

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-new-orleans/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2009 11:35 PM ET

The Saints steamrolled the Patriots on Monday night despite the absence of running back Reggie Bush, who has never come close to meeting expectations driven by his stellar college career at USC.

The team's performance without Bush could come in handy in the offseason, if/when the Saints are trying to persuade the locals that parting ways with the second overall pick in the 2006 draft is the right thing to do.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports says that the team likely won't bring Bush back next year, when his base salary rockets (per NFLPA records) from $2.585 million to $8 million.

He's simply not worth $8 million next year. He's probably not worth $2.585 million this year.

In 3.5 seasons, Bush has 1,827 rushing yards and 1,806 receiving yards. Not horrible numbers, but not nearly worth $8 million for one season.

So unless Bush is willing to accept a stiff pay cut, he'll be playing elsewhere next season. The real question is whether some other team will be willing to pay Bush more than the best offer the Saints would put on the table.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #1379
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
2009 could be Reggie Bush's last year in New Orleans

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-new-orleans/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2009 11:35 PM ET

The Saints steamrolled the Patriots on Monday night despite the absence of running back Reggie Bush, who has never come close to meeting expectations driven by his stellar college career at USC.

The team's performance without Bush could come in handy in the offseason, if/when the Saints are trying to persuade the locals that parting ways with the second overall pick in the 2006 draft is the right thing to do.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports says that the team likely won't bring Bush back next year, when his base salary rockets (per NFLPA records) from $2.585 million to $8 million.

He's simply not worth $8 million next year. He's probably not worth $2.585 million this year.

In 3.5 seasons, Bush has 1,827 rushing yards and 1,806 receiving yards. Not horrible numbers, but not nearly worth $8 million for one season.

So unless Bush is willing to accept a stiff pay cut, he'll be playing elsewhere next season. The real question is whether some other team will be willing to pay Bush more than the best offer the Saints would put on the table.
and this is exactly what I expect to see from TeBlow
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #1380
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
and this is exactly what I expect to see from TeBlow
Well that was random.

Anyway, Bush will get cut an resigned somewhere else most likely. There'll be a team out there willing to give him a shot and pay him more than the Saints, who don't need him at all, are.

I still think he's a useful weapon to have on your team, even if he has been a monumental underachiever in New Orleans.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:19 AM   #1381
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
Well that was random.

Anyway, Bush will get cut an resigned somewhere else most likely. There'll be a team out there willing to give him a shot and pay him more than the Saints, who don't need him at all, are.

I still think he's a useful weapon to have on your team, even if he has been a monumental underachiever in New Orleans.
He was soft in college and it shows in the pros
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #1382
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #1383
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4718965

NFL cutting $100M in revenue sharing
Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #1384
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bůg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4718965

NFL cutting $100M in revenue sharing
That bigger story, it need it own thread.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #1385
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4725694

Portis considers future without football

ASHBURN, Va. -- The season is over for Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis. Now he's left to contemplate where he might play next -- and whether he will play again.

Portis was in a reflective mood Tuesday after the Redskins placed him on injured reserve. Doctors have yet to clear him from a concussion he suffered a month ago, and he sounded like a player with a very open-ended future.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #1386
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4728670

Hanson rejoins Raiders in new job

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Randy Hanson, who accused Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable of assault after a training camp scuffle, has returned to work in the team's personnel department.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #1387
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

dysfunctional:

Adj

2. (esp of a family) characterized by a breakdown of normal or beneficial relationships between members of the group
Old 12-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #1388
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Suggs gets sued for $70 million

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-70-million/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 10, 2009 4:06 PM ET

Here's the latest development in the bizarre story that began with a restraining order being filed against Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs, followed by a claim that he struck and tried to pour bleach on the mother of his two small children.

Now, the woman has filed a $70 million lawsuit against Suggs, along with a separate action seeking custody of the kids.

Candace Williams, 26, claims in the lawsuit that Suggs struck her on November 3, and that he threatened to kill her. She also contends that the incident involving the pouring of bleach by Suggs occurred on November 29.

According to the Baltimore Sun, documents relating to the case include a comment from the judge who issued the restraining order that "visible lacerations" were present on Williams' chest.

Suggs was asked about the situation on Thursday at the team's facility, and he wisely opted not to talk about it. Other than to say he couldn't talk about it.

"I can't talk about all that right now," Suggs said, per the Sun. "You know I've always been fair. When I can address it, I will. I really have nothing to hide. As bad as I want to talk about it right now, I can't. When I'm able to do it, you guys can ask a million and one questions about it, and I would be glad to answer them for you. Right now, to be safe, I really can't answer any questions about it right now."

Suggs has not been charged with a crime, which makes discipline from the team or the league unlikely. Still, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello recently told the Sun that the league will "take a look at it as we would any such matter to try to understand the facts."
Old 12-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #1389
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4732559

Robert Gallery done for the year
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #1390
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...tball-to-play/

JaMarcus Russell talks: “It’s my 3rd year and I have a lot more football to play”

Q: Do you look at guys like Alex Smith and Vince Young as paths to follow?

-RUSSELL: Umm, you can. I’m pretty sure that those things just aren’t happening. It was something to that, you look like now, guys are making plays. That’s the thing we were lacking.

We weren’t making plays. Now, a few plays have been made.

Q: What is he doing well?

-RUSSELL: Now it’s just all around. Guys are just making plays around him (Gradkowski).

In the Dallas game after you go out and win in Cincinnati there weren’t plays really made the whole game, you know what I mean.

Going into Pittsburgh, guys were making plays for him. That’s what a quarterback needs, his surrounding players. That’s what was going on.

Q: How would you grade yourself this season?

-RUSSELL: Uh, kind of hard because there was times where you try to get guys a chance to make plays and at the early part of the year, it wasn’t happening.

So the quarterback job, I say he looks for more help around from everybody because he can’t do it himself. It wasn’t so well, but at times it was. When we look at film, it don’t be as bad as it seems on the field always.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 12-11-2009 at 10:12 PM..
Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #1391
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Priceless....JaMarcus blames pretty much everyone but himself.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #1392
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:

JaMarcus Russell talks: ďItís my 3rd year and I have a lot more football to playĒ

-RUSSELL: Umm, you can. Iím pretty sure that those things just arenít happening. It was something to that, you look like now, guys are making plays. Thatís the thing we were lacking.

We werenít making plays. Now, a few plays have been made.

-RUSSELL: Now itís just all around. Guys are just making plays around him (Gradkowski).

In the Dallas game after you go out and win in Cincinnati there werenít plays really made the whole game, you know what I mean.

Going into Pittsburgh, guys were making plays for him. Thatís what a quarterback needs, his surrounding players. Thatís what was going on.

-RUSSELL: Uh, kind of hard because there was times where you try to get guys a chance to make plays and at the early part of the year, it wasnít happening.

So the quarterback job, I say he looks for more help around from everybody because he canít do it himself. It wasnít so well, but at times it was. When we look at film, it donít be as bad as it seems on the field always.
I don't understand a word that came out of his mouth. How could you interview this man and decide it was a good idea to draft him?
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #1393
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brncs_fan View Post
I don't understand a word that came out of his mouth. How could you interview this man and decide it was a good idea to draft him?
He's barely able to make a coherent thought. It's horrible.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #1394
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

JaMarcus Russell talks: ďItís my 3rd year and I have a lot more football to playĒ

-RUSSELL: Umm, you can. Iím pretty sure that those things just arenít happening. It was something to that, you look like now, guys are making plays. Thatís the thing we were lacking.

We werenít making plays. Now, a few plays have been made.

-RUSSELL: Now itís just all around. Guys are just making plays around him (Gradkowski).

In the Dallas game after you go out and win in Cincinnati there werenít plays really made the whole game, you know what I mean.

Going into Pittsburgh, guys were making plays for him. Thatís what a quarterback needs, his surrounding players. Thatís what was going on.

-RUSSELL: Uh, kind of hard because there was times where you try to get guys a chance to make plays and at the early part of the year, it wasnít happening.

So the quarterback job, I say he looks for more help around from everybody because he canít do it himself. It wasnít so well, but at times it was. When we look at film, it donít be as bad as it seems on the field always.
This guy is a complete idiot and a p***Y.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #1395
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Priceless....JaMarcus blames pretty much everyone but himself.
Sounds like someone we know.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #1396
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Sounds like someone we know.
Lex?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #1397
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Gruden a "rock star" at Raiders reunion

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iders-reunion/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2009 8:52 PM ET

With the Oakland Raiders unlikely to host a Monday Night Football game that isn't hosted by ESPN's Night At The Roxbury "B" team, former Raiders coach Jon Gruden will be in the area only when the 49ers have a home game in prime time on the first work night of the week.

And so it was in Week 14, with the 49ers facing the Cardinals at Candlestick Park.

The game brought former Raiders coach Jon Gruden back to town, and so he attended a "crowded backroom Raider reunion" at a sports bar in San Leandro, according to Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune.

Gruden reportedly "sprung" for the party ("the hot dogs are paid for, so don't f--king waste any of them"), which was attended by a "seemingly never-ending reception line of invited guests, many of whom are going to be glad their names won't be mentioned here."

"Look at him," a Raiders employee told McDonald. "He's still a rock star."

A crowd of Raiders fans developed at the bar as word of Gruden's presence leaked out. And as he headed for the bus, a "glut" of Raiders fans chanted, "Come back Jon!"

McDonald speculates that Gruden possibly could return as head coach, due to the fact that he has not publicly disparaged the team. ESPN on-air colleague Ron Jaworski told McDonald that he's never heard Gruden say a bad word about owner Al Davis.

But, as McDonald points out, Gruden was shipped to Tampa nearly eight years ago because he wanted more money and more power. He'll want even more of it when he returns to the NFL.

Especially since he's still a rock star.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #1398
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Anybody hearing how bad Larry Fitzgerald's knee injury is? It didn't look good and I'm assuming the worst. Hopefully it will be a deal where he has a MCL sprain or something and can come back in time for week 17 and the playoffs... week 17 just to shake off the rust. Hopefully not an ACL.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #1399
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Lex?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #1400
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Heard on ESPN that Holmgren is talking to Cleveland brass possibly about coaching job