The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #976
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
How about keeping the Cutler love/hate sheet out of this thread please.

SSJ has done a great job keeping this going and I hate to see it get bogged down in another SOB vs Jake vs Jay vs QB TBD argument.
point taken, I'm done
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #977
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Find me one single sane person on the entire planet who thinks that Orton is a better QB than Cutler and can support said argument in any tangible way.

And then post it in a new thread.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #978
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-of-accident/

Edwards Partied With Stallworth On Night Of Accident

Edwards spent $3,443 at the club, including $1,500 on Perrier-Jouet Rose champagne and $695 on Grey Goose vodka. (No word on whether he dropped any bottles.)
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #979
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

These guys are willing to drop $3,443 on a bar tab, but won't pony up $40 for a cab ride.

These guys routinely spend that kind of money out on the town....some day, when they are 50 years old, they are going to wonder what in the heck happened to all their money....
Old 07-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #980
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

pleasin the hoes
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #981
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
These guys are willing to drop $3,443 on a bar tab, but won't pony up $40 for a cab ride.

These guys routinely spend that kind of money out on the town....some day, when they are 50 years old, they are going to wonder what in the heck happened to all their money....
The stat is unbelieveable. It's something like 80 percent of these athletes are broke within 5 yrs after retiring or washing out of these leagues. I can't remember the exact number but it is super high.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #982
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
The stat is unbelieveable. It's something like 80 percent of these athletes are broke within 5 yrs after retiring or washing out of these leagues. I can't remember the exact number but it is super high.
I wonder if they really buy their mom a house 1st.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #983
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Bears | Cutler has offense down
Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:35:50 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler has worked very hard in the classroom this offseason to pick up the team's system. Not only has he been able to grasp it, he is also able to execute the offense on the field. Some of the verbiage and reads in the offense are the same as they were with the Denver Broncos, allowing him to pick things up quicker. Quarterbacks coach Pep Hamilton has been impressed with his arm strength.

Bears | Looking to work the deep passing game?
Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:34:43 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears QBs coach Pep Hamilton said he wouldn't be surprised to see the team try to utilize QB Jay Cutler's strong arm and WR Devin Hester's game-breaking speed together this season by trying to get Hester behind the secondary on deep routes.

They should be fun to watch at least and should make the playoffs
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #984
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Why should the bears make the playoffs? No one is saying the same thing about cincy and to me those teams are a very close comparison.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #985
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Why should the bears make the playoffs? No one is saying the same thing about cincy and to me those teams are a very close comparison.
I sure do think of good hard nosed D when I start to think about the Bengals.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #986
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I know, I get the same feeling ever someone says young runningback with pro-bowl potential I just keep picturing Cedric Benson.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #987
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Not to mention the fact that, if we are talking playoffs, the Bengals are in a much tougher division and conference than the Bears are.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #988
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I know, I get the same feeling ever someone says young runningback with pro-bowl potential I just keep picturing Cedric Benson.
If you substitute pro-bowl with community service......
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #989
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Bears D ranked 16th in pts, 21st in total yds and 30th in pass yds. They only played well vs the run, against which they ranked 5.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #990
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Forte is promising, but they worked him quite a bit to get those 1200 yds. He averaged under 4 ypc.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #991
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Think what you want, but in 2008 The Bengals defense was 12th in yards compared to Chicagos 21st. As for points, Chicago was better, they gave up a whole .8 points per game less.

The Bengals have a decievingly solid defense.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #992
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
As far as what he's done? What's he done?

reminded some people of Elway?

Last edited by DarkHorse30; 07-08-2009 at 10:59 AM..
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #993
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Think what you want, but in 2008 The Bengals defense was 12th in yards compared to Chicagos 21st. As for points, Chicago was better, they gave up a whole .8 points per game less.

The Bengals have a decievingly solid defense.
I think it has more to do with the fact that the Bengals played some God-awful offenses last year. Here are some their opponents' rankings on offense from last year:

division:

31, 22, 18

out of division:

24, 21, 20, 19 and 16

And only one game against a top 5 offense. That's awful.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #994
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that the Bengals played some God-awful offenses last year. Here are some their opponents' rankings on offense from last year:

division:

31, 22, 18

out of division:

24, 21, 20, 19 and 16

And only one game against a top 5 offense. That's awful.
I'm sure that's part of it, but at the same time there wasn't an offense in the league that put more pressure on their defense than Cincy. Seriously Bengal fans would have loved to have the Chicago offense last year.

Of course the Bengals are a cursed team (though I follow them a bit because I have ohio roots) and no team outside of Detroit should be compared to them. I just wanted to defend their honor a bit, defense is the one thing they played last year.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #995
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Forte is promising, but they worked him quite a bit to get those 1200 yds. He averaged under 4 ypc.
That could be because he was facing 8 people in the box consistently because his QB couldn't take the pressure off him. But at least they got rid of that QB.....
Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #996
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I'm sure that's part of it, but at the same time there wasn't an offense in the league that put more pressure on their defense than Cincy. Seriously Bengal fans would have loved to have the Chicago offense last year.

Of course the Bengals are a cursed team (though I follow them a bit because I have ohio roots) and no team outside of Detroit should be compared to them. I just wanted to defend their honor a bit, defense is the one thing they played last year.
Oakland easily put more pressure on their defense, that offense was so pedestrian you couldn't tell if it was actually alive most of the time.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #997
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mb-mt-rainier/

Goodell, Mora Climb Mt. Rainier

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Seattle Seahawks coach Jim Mora, Seahawks executive Tod Leiweke as well as other NFL personnel achieved their climbing goal, making it to the top of Mount Rainier today, according to the Associated Press.

Proceeds from the fund-raising climb went toward a local United Way organization in the state of Washington.

"Commish reached summitt," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote on his Twitter account. "So did mora and leiweke. What an achievement!"

According to the report, the NFL group reached the top of the towering volcano earlier today.

And the special fundraising effort raised $380,000 for the United Way.

Through a vigorous training regimen, Goodell had prepared for months to make the climb. Goodell discussed the effort with the AP last month.

"I've never done any mountaineering," Goodell said. "I've barely climbed a hill. Well, I always love a good challenge. I must say, I'm not exactly sure what I'm in for."
Old 07-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #998
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Judge blocks suspensions of Kevin, Pat Williams

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A judge on Thursday blocked the NFL's plan to suspend Minnesota Vikings linemen Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for violating the league's anti-doping policy, a move their attorney said should let them start the season with camp beginning in just three weeks.

Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson granted the players' request for a temporary restraining order that keeps the NFL from suspending them until their case is decided. The order also prohibits the league from subjecting them to extra drug testing.

The Williamses "would suffer a significant loss of playing time" without the restraining order, the judge wrote, and they have shown "some likelihood" of winning their lawsuit.
Peter Ginsberg, an attorney for the two players, called the order a "major victory" and said that at a minimum it should allow them to play for the early part of the upcoming season. He said it also protects them from stepped-up drug testing that they consider to be retaliation for standing up to the NFL.
The NFL still wants to enforce the players' four-game suspensions at the start of the season. The first preseason game is Aug. 14 and the season-opener is Sept. 13 at Cleveland.
The judge also scheduled a July 22 hearing on whether he should put the state court proceedings on hold while a federal appeals court considers other issues in the case. The federal appeals process could take several months and could further delay any suspensions if Larson decides to wait.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the court order "effectively exempts" the Williamses from the league's collective bargaining agreement.
But the order "illustrates the critical importance of a uniform policy for all teams in the league and why this matter should be governed exclusively by federal law," Aiello said. He said the NFL believes its federal appeal, which argues that the players' state claims are barred by the union contract, should be resolved before the start of the season.
Ginsberg said he and the Williamses are ready to go to trial. He said it wouldn't be fair to anyone to have a trial that conflicts with the season.
The defensive tackles, who are not related, tested positive last summer for a banned diuretic that can mask the presence of steroids, though they've never been accused of taking steroids. They took the weight-loss supplement StarCaps, which contained a diuretic, bumetanide, that wasn't listed on the label.
The NFL has acknowledged it knew StarCaps contained the banned drug, and the players say the NFL wrongly failed to share that information.
U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson last month dismissed most of the Williamses' original lawsuit and a related case filed by the NFL Players Association, but sent the Williamses' case back to state court to resolve two remaining claims under Minnesota law. Those claims involve whether the NFL violated the players' rights under a state law that regulates drug and alcohol testing in the workplace, and under another state law that governs disciplining employees for consuming legal products off their employer's premises during non-working hours.
The Williamses, the players union and the NFL are all appealing various parts of that order. The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has tentatively scheduled oral arguments for Aug. 18 in St. Paul.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #999
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4319729

Two key Big 12 players and perhaps the top prospect available have declared for NFL's supplemental draft next week.

Several sources have confirmed that Texas Tech defensive end McKinner Dixon and Kansas State wide receiver Deon Murphy will be among the pool of eligible players when the draft is conducted on Thursday.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #1000
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Kentucky defensive end Jeremy Jarmon, who performed well enough during his Thursday pro day-style session for representatives from 22 league franchises, also will receive strong consideration. Jarmon was listed at 6-feet-3 1/8 and 278 pounds for the workout and timed in the 40-yard dash at between 4.75 and 4.84 seconds.